Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Everybody talking about big RD acquisitions but picking up Demko even if it takes an overpayment is the best move this team can make. He is a franchise goalie with workhorse pedigree that happens to be available at a time when we are desperate and with very few options.

Make a trade around our 2024 1st for Demko (or Kleven or Boucher) and then seek a serviceable but perhaps not so exciting RD in the offseason.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Everybody talking about big RD acquisitions but picking up Demko even if it takes an overpayment is the best move this team can make. He is a franchise goalie with workhorse pedigree that happens to be available at a time when we are desperate and with very few options.

Make a trade around our 2024 1st for Demko (or Kleven or Boucher) and then seek a serviceable but perhaps not so exciting RD in the offseason.
Not Kleven!! ;)

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Well you’ve made up a timeline based on….. preference? Who says there is a timeline? Internal timeline could be “when there’s a top pair d available go get him”
No actual tangible results and factors like current injuries and age. You're ignoring both because you are satisfied with simply competing for a playoff spot.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
LOL, Gus was better than Talbot???? Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
Yeah he was and absolutely is right now. How can you possibly argue otherwise. A 22 year old goaltender who moves way better than Talbot. Technically it's not close Gus is way better. Gus was also mismanaged. He was brought up and down like a yo yo all season on two bad teams because Murray was injured from a strong gust of wind.

Well, that's simply not true. He was far and away the worst of the 3 goalies who played last year. Happy for him to have found a situation where he could turn around his game but saying he was better last year than a guy who went to the All-Star game? That's nuts.
He was the best of the three the previous year. At 20 years old. He only played for the sens last year when they sucked. Murray magically got healthy when they started playing better.

Reactions: Snowwy

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
With all due respect to RD, Ottawa should forget and prioritize Meier hard.

Would be a brilliant get. And we have the assets. This is a no brainer trade. It would also allow us to potentially move on from Batherson if need be. Meier is a mold of DeBrincat and Batherson.

Greig-Stutzle-Meier
Tkachuk-Norris-Giroux
Formenton-Pinto-Joseph
Kelly-Kaestlic-Gauthier

DeBrincat for Meier (or something of that sort)

Batherson for Pesce (or defenseman similar)

Chabot-Pesce
Sanderson-Zub

Let’s get to it. Doubt Dorion has that vision. If NJD get Meier, will be genius genius move.

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
Trade the following before Kleven:
Brannstrom
JBD
Thomson
Pinto

Kleven is a rare asset. Competent skating monster blueliner. Can likely tone down the dirty stuff to survive in the new NHL. Will rely on his reach and boxing people out.

If he can make a first pass in the NHL, in lieu of the off the boards and out play, we got ourselves a 2023 Chris Pronger.

Brannstrom
JBD
Thomson
Pinto

Kleven is a rare asset. Competent skating monster blueliner. Can likely tone down the dirty stuff to survive in the new NHL. Will rely on his reach and boxing people out.

If he can make a first pass in the NHL, in lieu of the off the boards and out play, we got ourselves a 2023 Chris Pronger.

Imagine Kleven vs Matthews in a playoff series. We all know know who's coming out on top.

Reactions: Sens in Process

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
Brannstrom
JBD
Thomson
Pinto

Imagine Kleven vs Matthews in a playoff series. We all know know who's coming out on top.

You had me until you went batshit crazy with this.

How about no. And we never speak of this again.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
Depending on what we gave up, I think I'd be ok with a trade that brings us any one of

Meier
Chychrun
Demko

And I'd be ok if Greig was part of going the other way. I just don't know how his small frame will hold up.

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
N
You think you sound smart. But you don't.
I think I’m posting on a Hf boards on a Saturday night trust me smart is not how I feel.

Depending on what we gave up, I think I'd be ok with a trade that brings us any one of

Meier
Chychrun
Demko

And I'd be ok if Greig was part of going the other way. I just don't know how his small frame will hold up.
If you’re going after Meier which I don’t think we are unless debrincat has told us he’s not signing, then obviously that’s a big package

No actual tangible results and factors like current injuries and age. You're ignoring both because you are satisfied with simply competing for a playoff spot.
I’m not ignoring anything. I don’t want to go after like a 32’year old rental you can’t seem to accept that lol.

Tanner jeannot I like.

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
I think we will address our top 4 d in the coming days..
I hope this off season we can address our bottom 6. We need another Giroux type vet for the bottom 6.

The big question mark for me is Cat, I hope we resign him, but if we can’t we need to acquire another top 6.

I’m ok with Sogaard and Forsberg in net

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
N

I think I’m posting on a Hf boards on a Saturday night trust me smart is not how I feel.

If you’re going after Meier which I don’t think we are unless debrincat has told us he’s not signing, then obviously that’s a big package

I’m not ignoring anything. I don’t want to go after like a 32’year old rental you can’t seem to accept that lol.

Tanner jeannot I like.

Would love fabbro. Considering a 2nd went for Nino, this will be a less expensive trade for Sens.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
I hope this off season we can address our bottom 6. We need another Giroux type vet for the bottom 6.

The big question mark for me is Cat, I hope we resign him, but if we can’t we need to acquire another top 6.

Giroux is a top line addition not a bottom 6.

Our bottom 6 is “ok” next year if Norris and Stutzle healthy for full season, Joseph bounces back , and Grieg is ready. A lot of what ifs… can’t afford having guys like Kelly/Watson on 4th line next year. If we want playoffs, guys like Motte/Joseph are people we want there. So many waiver wire pickups would’ve been perfectly suitable as depth.

Last edited:

GoSenatorsGo

Nov 9, 2007
Giroux is a top line addition not a bottom 6.

Our bottom 6 is “ok” next year if Norris and Stutzle healthy for full season, Joseph bounces back , and Grieg is ready. A lot of what ifs… can’t afford having guys like Kelly/Watson on 4th line next year. If we want playoffs, guys like Motte/Joseph are people we want there. Ao many waiver wire pickups would’ve been perfectly suitable as depth.
Sorry I should’ve been more clear, I mean a Giroux type signing- a vet who can bring that experience and leadership, a Foligno type player (not saying Foligno should be our target just that type of leadership)

Reactions: NB613

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

And bring back C. Anderson for insurance policy
Still good goalie for 20-25 games
Demko too expensive for the upgrade it would provide

Reactions: Cosmix

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Meier isn’t coming to Ottawa, and Ottawa isn’t paying what it would cost to acquire Meier, or keep Meier. Not much point even talking about it.

Has a 10 million dollar QO, and the production and play style to get it + on the open market. He will get to choose his contract; there will be suitors lined up. That’s not happening in Ottawa, and if it doesn’t it completely hinders the team moving forward with all the money to forwards.

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Meier isn’t coming to Ottawa, and Ottawa isn’t paying what it would cost to acquire Meier, or keep Meier. Not much point even talking about it.

Has a 10 million dollar QO, and the production and play style to get it + on the open market. He will get to choose his contract; there will be suitors lined up. That’s not happening in Ottawa, and if it doesn’t it completely hinders the team moving forward with all the money to forwards.
The worst part is that its the Devils getting him… they are considered to be our rebuilding counterparts but will just 5-6 years ahead of us with this move and have better long-term outlook. More frustrated than anything. Would rather Meier than DebrinCat.

Sorry I should’ve been more clear, I mean a Giroux type signing- a vet who can bring that experience and leadership, a Foligno type player (not saying Foligno should be our target just that type of leadership)
Agreed and think that with new ownership and team outlook well be able to attract one here.

I dont mind Brassard tbh. So someone like him but with better productivity.

Gauthier/Kastelic/Joesph…. sounds like an ideal 4th line except for Joseph’s contract.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad