Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

slamigo

Skate or Die!
Dec 25, 2007
Ottawa
What isn't true? Did Gus drastically improve after the trade and before playing his first game with the wild?

I didn't say he had a better season last year, just that he was prob the better player at the time of the trade, he's a young guy you expect to improve, Talbot is an older guy you expect to regress.

Because right now, he appears to be the significantly better player, unless you think he improved between being traded, and playing his first game, hindsight tells us we traded the better player,
Logic doesn't enter into the argument with that particular poster. He's just angry at the fanbase and extremely pro-management. Makes you wonder if it's a burner account. Lol

Reactions: L'Aveuglette

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Maybe the trade was a wakeup call for him? Ex-Ottawa players talk about the quality of the training staff all the time. Fitness doesn't seem to be a problem for any of the guys on the current roster, does it?
It's possible the trade was a wakeup call for Gustavsson. Maybe he was known for being out of shape in Ottawa and that was part of the reason he was moved - we wouldn't know either way.

There's been a lot of turnover on the strength/conditioning staff in the Sens organization recently. Jeremy Benoit was promoted up out of Belleville to the big club this year and Rob Mouland was recently made head trainer. They backfilled Benoit's position in Belleville with Mitch Freeburn, who came straight from the OHL. Is this a high quality staff? I genuinely don't know.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
What isn't true? Did Gus drastically improve after the trade and before playing his first game with the wild?

I didn't say he had a better season last year, just that he was probtthe better player at the time of the trade, he's a young guy you expect to improve, Talbot is an older guy you expect to regress.

Because right now, he appears to be the significantly better player, unless you think he improved between being traded, and playing his first game, hindsight tells us we traded the better player,
It's possible he did, yes. Because the guy I saw play in Ottawa last year was, arguably, the worst goalie we've ever seen. Management decided that a guy who played like that was too much of a liability behind a young team and found a deal to bring some veteran insurance. People can hate the results all they want, I do too, but it doesn't change the fact that Gus didn't show even a flash of this type of play. Kudos to Minnesota for whatever they're doing to get him to play that way but it's clear he was not going to repeat those results if he had stayed.

Reactions: Crosside

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
It's possible he did, yes. Because the guy I saw play in Ottawa last year was, arguably, the worst goalie we've ever seen. Management decided that a guy who played like that was too much of a liability behind a young team and found a deal to bring some veteran insurance. People can hate the results all they want, I do too, but it doesn't change the fact that Gus didn't show even a flash of this type of play. Kudos to Minnesota for whatever they're doing to get him to play that way but it's clear he was not going to repeat those results if he had stayed.
Well that brings into question your ability to evaluate goalies because he wasn't even the worst goalie performance during the current rebuild, as for not even showing a flash, that's also not true, he a very strong showing just the year before, he was 23 years old last year so inconsistent, but he definitely showed promise

Like I said, it's hindsight, I don't blame management for not being confident with a tandem with a combibed 129 NHL games under their belt or whatever it was.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Well they together make MORe than saros. So either way I think you have to say bye to debrincat?

If vejmelka is any good which of course we have no idea. His contract is also up in two years same with chychrun and saros I beleive.
We can absorb the 7.3 from Chychrun and Vejmelka while keeping Debrincat. Saros is 5 on his own so the choice become D or Debrincat

Yet it

and only 18 appearances last year. Either way. Seems we were hasty.
He had no waiver eligibility. I was not overly confident in a Forsberg Gus tandem.

Reactions: Crosside

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Not even close

Reactions: DrEasy

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
1677355326118.png

Reactions: NB613

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Team needs to buy picks with the excess cap space for the rest of the year if they aren’t gonna use it for a player acquisition . Melnyk doesn’t own the team anymore but his cheapness is still living in his estate owning the team

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Kravtov traded to Vancouver for only Lockwood and a 7th

Why exactly didn't we top that? Not exactly like we're overflowing with young forwards at the moment.

• Wow
Reactions: NB613 and gab6511

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
I'm ok with hockey trades where we flip a position of strength for an area of weakness, flipping Pinto in a package for Chychrun is a bit like Clb flipping Johansen for Jones. They were about the same age, 2 years apart, and just allowed both teams to fill a position of need by moving a posting strength.

Yikes. Say it with me .

Pinto is untouchable

Why exactly didn't we top that? Not exactly like we're overflowing with young forwards at the moment.

Kravtsov is trending to be a Lockwood right now give it two years

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast

If his past 4 years are any indication, I'm surprised any team wanted him at all, for any of skill, KHL or personality reasons

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Yikes. Say it with me .

Pinto is untouchable

Kravtsov is trending to be a Lockwood right now give it two years
Well it's either Pinto or Greig

Parker Kelly is not returning Gudbranson atm let alone JC

We have to give to get a good player

Or wait until Benjamin Roger can play in the top 4

Reactions: scout20

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yikes. Say it with me .

Pinto is untouchable
He really isn't though. He's stuck behind Stützle (someone who actually is untouchable) and Norris. Good player, but untouchable is reserved for the best of the best on your team, and Pinto isn't that.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com

I knew instantly the moment I saw the deal you would be complaining about Dorion sitting on his hands again lol

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013

Who is Kravtsov
Mi obviously know. At this point I’m surprised he wasn’t just a throw in for motte instead of the 7th lol.

WallyD

Nov 20, 2022
The NHL is a business.

It has TV contracts that generate revenue. It's in the NHL's interest to create media hype, it's just good business to do so. So ya I think there's a certain amount of leakage that takes place
Good point. I would be even more surprised if there weren't leaks. The rumour mill is a tool leveraged by both sides, teams and players/agents, to initiate a change, or even to negotiate to some degree. Nothing wrong with this as long as they colour inside the lines rules wise.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad