Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
I'm super nervous about norris and Chychruns injury past. I hope they're healthy

To be very, very honest. I am too.... but not really.

I believe Pinto will develop into an excellent 2 way forward who has ceiling of a number 1 C.

Stutzle
Pinto

Down the middle will still be really, really good.

Really hope Norris stays healthy because it will still give us one of the best C depths in the league. But Stutzle breaking out into a top 20 C in the game has me breathing a high sigh of relief.

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
If we trade Debrincat it would be great to fill his spot with a Center who can play wing, or winger who can take draws

I think that would help Norris a lot

ROR comes to mind, but Scheifele/Dubois or someone like Brayden Schenn

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Boucher (who the Rangers had an interest in prompting Dorion to draft him at #10) + 2024 2nd for Laf.

It would almost certainly cost more.

24YR old Sam Bennet went for two 2nds after 5 seasons of stagnant development after a solid rookie year
21YR old Kyle Turris went for Rundblad (top prospect at the time) + 2nd after a 25P/65GP season
23YR old Ryan Strome returned Eberle after a 30P/69GP season
21YR old Griffin Reinhart returned the 16th OVR pick + a 2nd after struggling in his first AHL season
21YR old Dylan Strome returned Nick Schmaltz after a 6P/20GP start to the year
21YR old Jesperi Kotkaniemi got a big offer sheet and a 1st+2nd from the Canes after a 20P/56GP season
21YR old Kirby Dach returned the 13th OVR pick + a 3rd after a 26P/70GP season

21YR old Alexis Lafreniere is coming off a 39P/81GP season, which is better than any of the other names on this list and he was thought to have more upside than any of them pre-draft.

There are cases of guys like Puljujarvi, Kravtsov, L.Brown, etc... basically getting nothing in return after struggling by their early 20s, but most of the time these change-of-scenery deals involving a former top prospect result in a significant asset or two coming back in return.

Reactions: Senator Stanley

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
It would almost certainly cost more.

24YR old Sam Bennet went for two 2nds after 5 seasons of stagnant development after a solid rookie year
21YR old Kyle Turris went for Rundblad (top prospect at the time) + 2nd after a 25P/65GP season
23YR old Ryan Strome returned Eberle after a 30P/69GP season
21YR old Griffin Reinhart returned the 16th OVR pick + a 2nd after struggling in his first AHL season
21YR old Dylan Strome returned Nick Schmaltz after a 6P/20GP start to the year
21YR old Jesperi Kotkaniemi got a big offer sheet and a 1st+2nd from the Canes after a 20P/56GP season
21YR old Kirby Dach returned the 13th OVR pick + a 3rd after a 26P/70GP season

21YR old Alexis Lafreniere is coming off a 39P/81GP season, which is better than any of the other names on this list and he was thought to have more upside than any of them pre-draft.

There are cases of guys like Puljujarvi, Kravtsov, L.Brown, etc... basically getting nothing in return after struggling by their early 20s, but most of the time these change-of-scenery deals involving a former top prospect result in a significant asset or two coming back in return.

Then I want no part of Laf, Greig can provide similar impact on the 3rd line. Laf didn't light the world on fire, obviously the reason for his potential availability. He is not the surefire type player you break the bank for.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
If we trade Debrincat it would be great to fill his spot with a Center who can play wing, or winger who can take draws

I think that would help Norris a lot

ROR comes to mind, but Scheifele/Dubois or someone like Brayden Schenn
Going back to that Konecny , Laughton proposal. Laughton can do that as well.
I think DeBrincat is great but I think the quality balance for this team would be better.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Then I want no part of Laf, Greig can provide similar impact on the 3rd line. Laf didn't light the world on fire, obviously the reason for his potential availability. He is not the surefire type player you break the bank for.
There's a lot of space between break the bank and Boucher + a 2nd...

Lafreniere may not be developing as well or as quickly as you hope for from a 1st OA, but he's still a great prospect.

Imagine if another team offered you a second and Boucher for Pinto, now realize that Lafreniere outproduced him, is a year younger, and has higher upside.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
There's a lot of space between break the bank and Boucher + a 2nd...

Lafreniere may not be developing as well or as quickly as you hope for from a 1st OA, but he's still a great prospect.

Imagine if another team offered you a second and Boucher for Pinto, now realize that Lafreniere outproduced him, is a year younger, and has higher upside.

I am not sold on Laf being better than what he is showing now I suppose, while this was "older" Pinto's first full season and I think he plays a better 2-way game already. Definitely not sold on Greig + Boucher + 1st that some are offering. Or trading Cat (think they can get better assets).

Pass.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I am not sold on Laf being better than what he is showing now I suppose, while this was "older" Pinto's first full season and I think he plays a better 2-way game already. Definitely not sold on Greig + Boucher + 1st that some are offering. Or trading Cat (think they can get better assets).

Pass.
It's fine to prefer passing, Just don't expect to get him for nothing either.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
It's fine to prefer passing, Just don't expect to get him for nothing either.

Oh 100 percent, some GMs might pay a king's ransom based on their needs, just don't think it should be the Sens GM in a bidding war. Hence, I don't want him unless cheapish. His playoffs against NJD is definitely in my mind, he is not the type of player this team needs to pursue for a high price. We have other pressing needs that will need all the assets we can afford, with 0 draft capital that can be leveraged from this year's draft (unless we win lottery tonight to pick 2nd!).

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
To be very, very honest. I am too.... but not really.

I believe Pinto will develop into an excellent 2 way forward who has ceiling of a number 1 C.

Stutzle
Pinto

Down the middle will still be really, really good.

Really hope Norris stays healthy because it will still give us one of the best C depths in the league. But Stutzle breaking out into a top 20 C in the game has me breathing a high sigh of relief.
Norris has done more in the AHL and NFL than Pinto and looks like a #2 C to me. I see Pinto as a number 3 center with potential to become a number 2 Center; not a number 1.

DaveMatthew

Bring in Peter
Apr 13, 2005
Ott
Despite being cleared, Murray doesn't even seem like an option for the Leafs next game. That leads me to believe that he'll almost certainly be bought out this summer, and they'll run with Samsonov/Woll next year. No chance they keep a $4.8M 3rd goalie.

That's big news for us as it'll open up just over $1.3M of cap space.

Reactions: ReginKarlssonLehner

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
You’re assuming Rangers love lafraniere. They may not.
They may not, which is why they would move him.

They know his value, they aren't morons

Look at Turris and Pheonix, they didn't like him, he was doing less than Laf, he returned a top prospect, of which the Sens right now don't have a comparable, and a 2nd

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
Before July 1:
To Car: Joseph RW/LW & Forsberg G ($5.7 mil)
To Ott: Andersen G (3 yrs @ $4 mil, 33 yrs old)

To NJD: Brannstrom LD & Gambrell C/LW ($1.85 mil)
To Ott: Severson RD (3 yrs @ $4 mil, 28 yrs old))

- approx. $8 mil in & $8 mil out
- NJD likely losing Severson for nothing & add a good young D depth
- Car likely losing Andersen for nothing & add some depth players
- Ott sheds enough salary to sign Andersen & Severnson, both have playoff experience

Tkachuk - Stutzle - Giroux
DBC - Norris - Batherson
Formenton - Pinto - Sokolov
Jiri - Kastelic - Gauthier/Sabourin

Chabot - Chychrun
Sanderson - Severson
Kleven - Zub/JBD

Andersen - Sogaard G
So Severson signs for less than what he is making now?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
So Severson signs for less than what he is making now?
It's $166,166 less than what he is making now, is that a large amount? What do you think he is worth or will get this summer at 28 yrs old? Hamonic is 32 yrs old, 6 goals & 21 pts & made $3 mil. What if we gave him a 4 yr deal?

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
It's $166,166 less than what he is making now, is that a large amount? What do you think he is worth or will get this summer at 28 yrs old? Hamonic is 32 yrs old, 6 goals & 21 pts & made $3 mil. What if we gave him a 4 yr deal?
Severson will be getting 6 on the open market pretty easily I’d imagine.

Weltschmerz

Front Running Fan
Apr 22, 2007
He is UFA to be the first time, this is supposed to be his payday. Not sure how much he will get, but with the cap about to go up and probably lots of interest in a right shooting top4 D I would expect at least 5.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
He is UFA to be the first time, this is supposed to be his payday. Not sure how much he will get, but with the cap about to go up and probably lots of interest in a right shooting top4 D I would expect at least 5.
I guess we'll see.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Really? From who?
Throw 10 random teams in a hat and you’ll likely find a few that will be making an offer for a 28 year old RD that has played ~20+ mins a night and produced ~30+ points for the past 6 seasons.

He’s going to have a lot of options come July 1st.

Reactions: aragorn
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad