Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puikiou

Oct 15, 2013
Bratt is much better than DBC and would probably be our second-best forward. That would be the ideal scenario.
You're really underselling Debrincat here. At their best (which Debrincat wasn't this year), they're similar impact players with very different styles. Classic dangler/playmaker vs sniper/goalscorer.

Bratt isn't better than Stützle or Tkachuk.

Reactions: Masked

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Chatter about Murray getting bought out this off season. It would free up 1.3M next year while adding a hit of 667K the year after. That 1.3M this off season would be huge. Get Debrincat done at 7.5M and there is room for depth.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
This is a glaring example of why fans don't make good GMs 😁

Pretty sure DeBrincat has been hypothetically traded for every player in the league at this point.

You're really underselling Debrincat here. At their best (which Debrincat wasn't this year), they're similar impact players with very different styles. Classic dangler/playmaker vs sniper/goalscorer.

Bratt isn't better than Stützle or Tkachuk.

you guys underrate Bratt. he is very good offensively and very good defensively.

more complete than our players right now. and can create more than DBC.

if two players are producing equally offensively why would you not take the much better defensive player? lack of defensive play is THE reason we aren't in the playoffs.

SixthSens

RIP Fugu
Dec 5, 2007
Wonder if the Kraken would be interested in DeBrincat this off-season… certainly no shortage of interesting players/prospects there for a potential return.

I’d love to keep DeBrincat but it’s starting to feel like the right move is moving him so that we can properly address our goaltending and the pending cap crunch. Just need to make sure we get a player that can slide in to the top six to help off set the loss of DeBrincat (a little draft lottery luck tonight would be huge).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
you guys underrate Bratt. he is very good offensively and very good defensively.

more complete than our players right now. and can create more than DBC.

if two players are producing equally offensively why would you not take the much better defensive player? lack of defensive play is THE reason we aren't in the playoffs.
I feel like people are ignoring the rest of Debrincat's career,

His last two years with Chicago, he averaged 45g, 82 pts, with a -6 per 82, that's on a pretty bad Chicago team.

This season wasn't great for DeBrincat, but he was adjusting to a new city, system and linemates, not to mention adapting to life as a new dad. There are a lot of mitigating circumstances the go along with his relatively speaking poor season. I expect him to have a bounce back year, the talent is definitely there.

Reactions: JD1

Sens Vader

Jan 23, 2016
Is there anyway to get rid of the Joseph contract? I’m not sure how to move him

Almost 3 mil would really help our cap situation

JD1

Sep 12, 2005

His last two years with Chicago, he averaged 45g, 82 pts, with a -6 per 82, that's on a pretty bad Chicago team.

This season wasn't great for DeBrincat, but he was adjusting to a new city, system and linemates, not to mention adapting to life as a new dad. There are a lot of mitigating circumstances the go along with his relatively speaking poor season. I expect him to have a bounce back year, the talent is definitely there.
I feel like this will probably be DeBrincat's worst year production wise assuming he's healthy. We shouldn't be writing him off based on it. Plenty of upside there.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Is there anyway to get rid of the Joseph contract? I’m not sure how to move him

Almost 3 mil would really help our cap situation
Same way we moved Murray, Zaitsev, J.Brown, ect.

I suspect he bounce back next year though, if he's on a line with Pinto and one of Formenton or Greig, I think they I'll be a handful for the opposition.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa

At the end of the day, the thing that did him in was playing with a rookie center who was way out of his depth and a winger recovering from a high ankle sprain. If this is what a bad season looks like for him (second worst S% of his career, so expect a big rebound in the goal department), then what can we expect next year if he's centered by Stutzle and has Giroux riding shotgun on the other wing? I think they have to get a deal done. We can't overreact to 1 year samples, whether good or bad.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If we lose DeBrincat, would Taylor Hall be a potential target? The Bruins will need to shed some salary
Definitely! Hall at $6 million for 2 years at $6 million aav is a decent stop gap if Cat decides he wants out. Could be had for a fair price or bargain depending on what direction Boston goes in.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
That's true, but I don't think his overall game would ever edge him over Brady or Stu

Bratt is a better defensive player than either of those players.

Brady, while poor defensively, brings a lot of value in his board play in the offensive zone and his impact on opposing D by constantly forcing them to play in front of their net.

Stü is better offensively than Bratt. His defensive game has made huge strides but Bratt is more refined in this area. He makes less mistakes with the puck in his own end (although I'd love to see how Timmy does with a different breakout system).

I'd put Bratt on par with these players in terms of overall impact. Helluva player.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Ottawa has got to see if we can pry Lafreniere away from the Rangers. He got that Sam Bennett feel to him,
Would be a coup, and I think he’s going to be better than Bennett.

Think he will have a very big jump into the 60p department next season without Gallant, and guys like Kane/Tarasenko/

Move from ~13-15 min nights, into 16-18 minute nights with better PP usage, along with his 11% shooting to jump back towards the 15% mark.

He should be taking ice time away from 32 year old Krieder, being stapled to Zibanejad’s side and being given every opportunity.

Laf-Chytil-Kakko should be given the reigns next season, I think that may be the plan. If we can get Laf, should do everything in our power to make it happen.

Reactions: Sensators

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Think he will have a very big jump into the 60p department next season without Gallant, and guys like Kane/Tarasenko/

Move from ~13-15 min nights, into 16-18 minute nights with better PP usage.

Sam Bennett developed so different than I expected, kid was scrawny his draft year and couldn't manage a pull up (was he hurt or something?) I didn't think he'd be able to play his game at the next level but he's filled out and become a real physical force out there with skill and good hockey sense.

Lafreniere would definitely be a coup, I'd love to add him.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012

Move from ~13-15 min nights, into 16-18 minute nights with better PP usage, along with his 11% shooting to jump back towards the 15% mark.

He should be taking ice time away from 32 year old Krieder, being stapled to Zibanejad’s side and being given every opportunity.

Laf-Chytil-Kakko should be given the reigns next season, I think that may be the plan. If we can get Laf, should do everything in our power to make it happen.
I totally agree. If we could use the assets from trading the Cat, it would be a great move. I just don't like locking him at 8.5 or more long-term.

60p is totally doable for him next season.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Still shocks me that Lafreniere has struggled as much as he has thus far.

Never had elite level skills or tools, but always managed to produce big numbers at every level because of a high level of hockey sense. Compared him to Tavares/Reinhart for that reason.

Seems to have lost his confidence playing in a non-ideal situation in NY, but he seems like a good candidate to re-discover his game elsewhere.

Apparently he came into camp out of shape, so there may be some maturing that needs to happen behind the scenes.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Boucher (who the Rangers had an interest in prompting Dorion to draft him at #10) + 2024 2nd for Laf.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad