Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Would you trade DBC for Ehlers?
At least Ehlers has 2 years of term. The better question might be whether the Jets would do this trade.

The return for Debrincat will be very different if there's an extension with his new team versus no extension.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Assuming we don’t win the lottery, should the 2024 1st be available for a starter? We need some assurance in nets, but we still need to draft the first round at some point, especially considering we haven’t even made the playoffs yet.
By the same token, if players view the Senators as a playoff bound team, then another option would be to get one via free agency. If the new Senators with someone like Reynolds as an owner (part owner) are anything like many hope, are we too bound or hung up with the past and its old ways?

Last edited:

Senovision

May 23, 2011
Bring in a veteran Killorn who scored 25 goals his last 2 seasons. Probably 4 million.
Bring in Crouse 4.3 million.
Trade DeBrincat and Joseph.
I was so excited when we got DeBrincat but if he does not wish to sign here I guess we have to move on.

Reactions: bicboi64

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Debrincat for M Tkachuk?

Come on! Figure it out Pierre.
Would be nice and sounds good, but would Florida trade a player with 7 years of remaining term for a player with one year of term after just trading for Tkachuk?

Last edited:

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
Bring in a veteran Killorn who scored 25 goals his last 2 seasons. Probably 4 million.
Bring in Crouse 4.3 million.
Trade DeBrincat and Joseph.
I was so excited when we got DeBrincat but if he does not wish to sign here I guess we have to move on.

I like your targets if Debrincat moves on; but why move Joseph now. His value is at its lowest; might as well hope for a rebound.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Makes sense . Soggard hasn’t played a playoff game since 2018 when he was in the WHL when he lost in round 1 which is equal to being a Vezina trophy winner in my books
I haven’t been impressed with any of the big name goalies in the olayoffs this season and would be bummed to give up good young assets for one.

I’m not overly concerned with how many vezinas a guy win in the past to be honest. Goalies flip flop like crazy.

As for you trade specifically, I’m not interested in trading our goalie if he future in the package. Find someone else.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
What's the situation with Shane Pinto? Resign? Available?
Hands off! The management took a ton of heat in here from the big brains for not trading back from 1oa in the second round to take him, he’s been great, the potential is high, and we balked at trading him for DBC and Chych.

He’s a keeper, long term deal is incoming.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Is it time to start sniffing around Lafreniere as a reclamation project? It’s certainly doesn’t seem like it’s going to work in NY after a Sam Mitchell playoff statline. If the sens move Cat I wouldn’t mind seeing him get a shot with a combination of Stutzle, Norris, Giroux and Batherson.

Even if Cat is back, I’d rather give Laf a shot with Pinto than whatever our internal options are (at least until Greig can put on some muscle).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad