Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Senator Stanley

Dec 11, 2003
Visit site
If the price was right, I'd like to see the Senators go after Logan Stanley from the Jets. He's always looked good when I've seen him play the Sens. He can play both sides and would bring some size on the bottom pairing.

Assen na yo!

No thanks. We have Kleven who'll bring size, and a bunch of other options for those 6 to 8 slots.

Reactions: NB613

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Would you trade DBC for Ehlers?
Absolutely. Ehlers is cost controlled for 2 more seasons, and if he needs a big pay raise we won't have the cap crunch we have right now and we'll actually know if the cap has been increasing. If Winnipeg feels like they need to make a splash and acquire a star and want to give us Ehlers for Cat, i'm all for it. If we can throw in Brannstrom to get Stanley, we'll have a menacing blue line.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
Absolutely. Ehlers is cost controlled for 2 more seasons, and if he needs a big pay raise we won't have the cap crunch we have right now and we'll actually know if the cap has been increasing. If Winnipeg feels like they need to make a splash and acquire a star and want to give us Ehlers for Cat, i'm all for it. If we can throw in Brannstrom to get Stanley, we'll have a menacing blue line.
I think the Jets realize DBC is unlikely to sign long term with them if he won’t sign with Ottawa.

Reactions: Loach

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Either AHL or NHL depending upon his training camp. You can have more than one defenceman with size in your lineup

Assen na yo!
Chabot, Sanderson, Chychrun, Brannstrom, Stanley (hypothetically), Kleven - all LHD. Even if you move 2 of those guys to the right side, which seems highly improbable, you still don't get Kleven in the NHL lineup without 2 roster injuries.

Reactions: Loach

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Chabot - Zub
Sanderson - Chychrun
Kleven - Hamonic/JBD

- Hamonic mentors JBD/Kleven on the defensive side & Redden on the offensive side.

Reactions: Que

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Of course, if Debrincat doesn't want to extend here for whatever reason, then there's even less incentive to urgently move Joseph.
Context is important. I was talking about resigning Debrincat plus getting a good goalie like Saros ($5 m) for the 2023-24 season.

I'm aware of the cap situation and there's been a number of posts with spreadsheets in here. The spreadsheet/roster for the scenario I just mentioned required moving some salary (i.e.., Joseph) to make it work with next year's $83.5 m cap ceiling (if that's what it turns out to be).

Reactions: NB613

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
This. Doubt they want a repeat of the Dubois situation.
If it comes to a trade, DBC will be in the driver’s seat. He’ll go to a team of his choice that will sign and extend him. If he doesn’t extend with Ottawa, then he’ll go to one of 4 teams that suits him.

Reactions: Que

Samsquanch

Raging Bull Squatch
Nov 28, 2008
Sudbury
If it comes to a trade, DBC will be in the driver’s seat. He’ll go to a team of his choice that will sign and extend him. If he doesn’t extend with Ottawa, then he’ll go to one of 4 teams that suits him.
Maybe yes, maybe no. My guess is that if hes leaving Ottawa, chances are that he's open to going to around 20+ other teams south of the border if they wanted him badly enough (ie make room for the $$$)...

Even without an extension he's still worth a very good asset if he's moved at the draft, especially if that team believes they can convince him to sign over the next season.

And I don't see him going all hollywood/big dog on the Sens and handing Dorion a fictional no trade list, with his other hand pointed like a tilted gun and up against Pierre's temple. He has no real protection - he and his young family's fate are in the Senators hands next season.

And if the only alternative (as per him) is trading him to his choice destination for a rock bottom price, to some smug rival GM that can't hide his shit eating grin on his face.... because he knows about to bend someone over badly - I'd ljust trade him to Winnipeg for future considerations if need be. Purely out of spite/principle..... personally speaking lol.

Last edited:

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
The Canes seem to make the most sense in terms of the most likely destination for DBC. The Canes are a good team but need another scoring threat to be an elite team. They also have cap space to make the trade. I am wondering if the Canes would trade Seth Jarvis to the Sens to make the trade work,

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
The Canes seem to make the most sense in terms of the most likely destination for DBC. The Canes are a good team but need another scoring threat to be an elite team. They also have cap space to make the trade. I am wondering if the Canes would trade Seth Jarvis to the Sens to make the trade work,
Don’t think so

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
If he were signed long-term and didn't have a NTC then yeah.

But another #1 goalie on the market is a good thing.
Cap friendly doesn't show a NTC, but only one year left at 6.166.

There might be something that could be worked out, especially if an extension can be worked into it.

Adele Dazeem

Oct 20, 2015
On an island
If he were signed long-term and didn't have a NTC then yeah.

But another #1 goalie on the market is a good thing.

I don't see that being an issue. He wants a Cup; we're an up and coming team.
I wonder what the package looks like; I'd imagine they'd ask for a Merilainen + Grieg combo if they're rebuilding.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
I don't see that being an issue. He wants a Cup; we're an up and coming team.
I wonder what the package looks like; I'd imagine they'd ask for a Merilainen + Grieg combo if they're rebuilding.
When has a 1 year to UFA goalie ever gotten that kind of return?

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
Assuming we don’t win the lottery, should the 2024 1st be available for a starter? We need some assurance in nets, but we still need to draft the first round at some point, especially considering we haven’t even made the playoffs yet.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Assuming we don’t win the lottery, should the 2024 1st be available for a starter? We need some assurance in nets, but we still need to draft the first round at some point, especially considering we haven’t even made the playoffs yet.

Hell no!

We really need to start seriously looking at restocking out prospect pool. We're going to need ELCs and young legs in the next 2-4 years if we want to have the flexibility to make moves or have options.

We currently don't have anyone in the system that looks like a legit 1G, second pairing D or second line forward down the road. That will bite us in the ass if we keep throwing away draft picks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad