Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
I just hope we bring hammer back. If there’s one thing watching playoff hockey teaches me is that you need like 9 NHL quality D-men to win a cup. Two or three are definitely going to be on ELC’s, vet minimums or PTO’s turned into contracts - but guys get hurt and you can’t have a player exposed in a position of that importance.

Chychrun - Chabot
Sanderson - Zub
Brannstrom - Hamonic
Kleven - JBD
(Depth signing?) - Guennette

When did the easiest player on our team to forecheck become the "hammer"?

These playoffs are showing how you need much better depth than guys like Hamonic, who is a defensive d who sucks at defense.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Engvall would be a nice addition/upgrade to the 3rd line.
May 31, 1996 (Age: 26-329d)
6'5 219 Can fly.
72 17 13 30
16 even strength goals , 27 even strength pts. ATOI 13:38 S% 13
54.2 CF% 55.2 dZS%
UFA 2022-23 AAV 2.25
Engvall would be a great pick up. Him and Gauthier are huge, not the most physical but can skate. That has value that can be very useful in the bottom 6.

Reactions: Cosmix

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019

These playoffs are showing how you need much better depth than guys like Hamonic, who is a defensive d who sucks at defense.
My lord that's a juvenile take. Hamonic is a perfectly fine depth D for a playoff run with very realistic potential to be an unsung hero type by the end.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Engvall would be a great pick up. Him and Gauthier are huge, not the most physical but can skate. That has value that can be very useful in the bottom 6.

I like Engvall for the bottom 6, but we already have someone like him in Joseph.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison

He’s just a great glue guy to have in the room and an fearless shot blocker.

Personally I think he’s the perfect #6 for this group for maybe the rest of his career.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I don't understand the urge/desire to write off Joseph and ship him off at a net loss of value. Missed 26 games due to injury, in and out of the lineup playing hurt, rotating cast of linemates all year making it hard to develop chemistry and had a 4.5 S% this year, with a previous career low of 11.4%. I can't foresee a more likely candidate to bounce back unless you count Batherson's high ankle sprain being fully healed. He has speed to burn, he's a fixture on the PK, he can give you spot duty in the top 6 if needed...doesn't seem like there's any need to move him this year, especially coming off one of the worst seasons of his career.

Reactions: OD99

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Yeah, was in Vegas at the beginning April, there is no Covid anything at the airports. Same as it was prior to 2020, in and out with the usual screenings
There hasn’t been covid stuff there for a while I don’t think. Went to Fort Lauderdale in October didn’t see a single mask or a single bottle of purel anywhere.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Arrival by air seems different

Interesting. They do however have different (less) requirements for U.S. citizens.

• Non-U.S. citizen, non-U.S. immigrants: You must show proof of being fully vaccinated with the primary series of an accepted COVID-19 vaccine before you board your flight to the United States. Only limited exceptions apply.

HoweHullOrr

Oct 3, 2013
He won’t make 4.75 again

Wheres their top pairing d man?
I didn't say he would. I stated "current contract" in my post.

There will be sufficient cap space IF Debrincat is moved. That was the "context" in my post.

Last edited:

ToasterStutzle

Aug 10, 2010
Manitoba, Canada
I wish we'd make a play for Tom Wilson or Jarry.
Unsure we have enough space to get either player though
Please not Jarry.... Have we not learned our lesson about reclamation project goalies.

I'm a huge advocate to either A. get a guy like Saros or Helly or B. Run with Forsberg/Soogard/Meri. Trading for goalies rarely ever works out, especially if their best years are behind them.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I don't understand the urge/desire to write off Joseph and ship him off at a net loss of value. Missed 26 games due to injury, in and out of the lineup playing hurt, rotating cast of linemates all year making it hard to develop chemistry and had a 4.5 S% this year, with a previous career low of 11.4%. I can't foresee a more likely candidate to bounce back unless you count Batherson's high ankle sprain being fully healed. He has speed to burn, he's a fixture on the PK, he can give you spot duty in the top 6 if needed...doesn't seem like there's any need to move him this year, especially coming off one of the worst seasons of his career.
Writing off Joseph adds to the Dorion's an idiot legacy.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I don't understand the urge/desire to write off Joseph and ship him off at a net loss of value.
Salary cap. Posts with that idea seem to be trying to fit in Debrincat's extension/new contract AND acquire a good goalie. Got to find some cap room elsewhere in the roster to accommodate those 2 signings.

Doubt if there's anything nefarious going on.

Reactions: Cosmix

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Salary cap. Posts with that idea seem to be trying to fit in Debrincat's extension/new contract AND acquire a good goalie. Got to find some cap room elsewhere in the roster to accommodate those 2 signings.

Doubt if there's anything nefarious going on.
We have $16M in cap space heading into next season. If they are in the market for a real #1 in nets, like a Saros for instance, they'd be looking at offloading Forsberg's $2.75M to absorb his $5M cap hit. Hell, Nashville might want Forsberg in the deal to give them an average starter locked in at a good price. The net difference is pretty minimal, all things considered, and you could fill out the bottom of the roster with ELCs and vets on league min contracts.

With escrow paid back, we could be looking at 88M-90M salary cap the year after which alleviates any 1-year cap pressure we might feel.

Of course, if Debrincat doesn't want to extend here for whatever reason, then there's even less incentive to urgently move Joseph.

At the end of the day, selling super low on players who had injury plagued seasons and career low shooting percentages is almost always the wrong move.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad