Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Never want to see Bunting in a Sens uniform, and I doubt Bertuzzi wants to play in Canada due to his vaccine concerns.

UFA market for forwards is super weak this year. Won't be able to find a top 6 forward replacement that way should DeBrincat choose to not re-sign.
Bertuzzi is from Sudbury, idk that it's fair to assume he's going to avoid all Canadian cities when your vacation status currently has zero implications anymore.

Reactions: Masked

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Never want to see Bunting in a Sens uniform, and I doubt Bertuzzi wants to play in Canada due to his vaccine concerns.

UFA market for forwards is super weak this year. Won't be able to find a top 6 forward replacement that way should DeBrincat choose to not re-sign.
I think there might be opportunity to poach a team that has to move a forward due to cap restraints or direction.

These teams come to mind:
LA: they might want to extend Gavrikov and Korpisalo who might combine for a caphit of $7million+. Iafallo or Arvidsson might be available for cheap.

Vancouver: with their 'retool' attempt with getting Hronek and Beauvillier, they might want to make some more moves and Boeser could be had for cheap.

Flyers are in no mans land, if we move Joseph, Laughton might be a good pick up for our bottom 6 that can play up in a pinch.

Pens, with a change in management, they might make one of their numerous wingers available, even if they were recently signed. Grandlund might be available for a decent price.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I feel like Bunting is a guy that might get a 5+ year deal with a $4+ million aav. I personally wouldn't risk it given he seems to be a benefactor of his linemates, but even if he wasn't, getting him wouldn't help our penalty situation. Dude led the Leafs penalties with 103
We’re a good team upfront he will also benefit from playing in our top 6

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Bertuzzi is from Sudbury, idk that it's fair to assume he's going to avoid all Canadian cities when your vacation status currently has zero implications anymore.

Who knows. Is there not still a ban on unvaccinated Canadians crossing the border?

If some new variant comes out that shuts down the border for unvaccinated individuals, Bertuzzi would miss a lot more games if he played in Canada versus playing for a U.S team simply due to the fact that 25/32 teams are based in the U.S.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Who knows. Is there not still a ban on unvaccinated Canadians crossing the border?

If some new variant comes out that shuts down the border for unvaccinated individuals, Bertuzzi would miss a lot more games if he played in Canada versus playing for a U.S team simply due to the fact that 25/32 teams are based in the U.S.
A quick google search revealed this.

Effective October 1, 2022, COVID-19 entry restrictions were removed, as well as testing, quarantine and isolation requirements, regardless of citizenship and vaccination status.

Based on personal experience, borders officials did not ask for vaccination info when I crossed the border several times in the last several months.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
Nope. I’m not interested in someone as dumb as Bertuzzi.

Agreed. Bunting dumber than rocks too.

I'll say no to either one.

For our bottom six I think we end up with Pinto and Greig on the 3rd line. If we can't move him Joseph will play there too.

Kastelic will be fine on the 4th line. I'd bet Parker Kelly has a much better year as well. SO I'd like to see us play it conservative and add a niche 4th liner (bruiser, PKer, depth scorer, etc.) that the management team identifies as a need. Then mid-season we can look for experienced help where we need it and the cap hit is reduced.

Reactions: bicboi64

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I’m a bit torn about the enforcer role because while it sucks to have a good player sit for 5, often enough more skilled guys who get involved physically ‘wake up’ and become so much more effective.

Crouse available? Still kinda like the idea of Foligno on the 4th line for aggression and vet presence… Have to admit that I don’t really like Bunting rat types, though having said that I enjoyed Ruutu…. that smile..

• Wow

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013

If Debrincat ain;t signing long term here. I would love Bunting as a 2nd line LW.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I'd prefer Bertuzzi over Bunting.
Ya think.....

Not even in the same tier. That being said I dont know how Ottawa gets Bertuzzi he is going to be expensive and have alot of teams competing for his services.

I want nothing to do with Bunting. He's overatted there are better players they can get for cheaper. L.A might have some extra guys kicking around as per someone else's post.

Id prefer Ryan Orielly to anyone.

Bunting got that dog in him. Game changer.
He's massively overatted. way better options than him out there.

Reactions: JD1 and Sens9292

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I just hope we bring hammer back. If there’s one thing watching playoff hockey teaches me is that you need like 9 NHL quality D-men to win a cup. Two or three are definitely going to be on ELC’s, vet minimums or PTO’s turned into contracts - but guys get hurt and you can’t have a player exposed in a position of that importance.

Chychrun - Chabot
Sanderson - Zub
Brannstrom - Hamonic
Kleven - JBD
(Depth signing?) - Guennette

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Yeah, was in Vegas at the beginning April, there is no Covid anything at the airports. Same as it was prior to 2020, in and out with the usual screenings

Last edited:
Reactions: Mingus Dew

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
A quick google search revealed this.

Effective October 1, 2022, COVID-19 entry restrictions were removed, as well as testing, quarantine and isolation requirements, regardless of citizenship and vaccination status.

Based on personal experience, borders officials did not ask for vaccination info when I crossed the border several times in the last several months.
Arrival by air seems different

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Ott: Jordan Eberle, SEA 1st 2023, SEA 2nd 2023
Sea: Alex Debrincat, Lassi Thomson

Eberle at $3.75 salary with a $5.5 cap hit (20 G, 43 Assist)

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Don't think Seattle will be interested in DeBrincat. They have more than enough snipers and have too many scoring LWers as it is.

I think they'll be putting their 1st on the table for a young starter like Swayman, or maybe a top 4 D.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton

I'd prefer Schwartz over Eberle, a bit more term there and he's very good two way, and stays out the box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad