Status
Not open for further replies.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I'd rather have Joseph's contract on the books than Paul's

That's a strawman.

We weren't offering a 7 year deal to Paul and he wasn't asking for one from us. Only got that after an excellent end to the season and good playoff run for Tampa.

Dorion's final offer to Paul was 2.5M x 4 years. Wouldn't even go up to 3M, but basically did for Joseph after only a dozen games of good play.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
That's a strawman.

We weren't offering a 7 year deal to Paul and he wasn't asking for one from us. Only got that after an excellent end to the season and good playoff run for Tampa.

Dorion's final offer to Paul was 2.5M x 4 years. Wouldn't even go up to 3M, but basically did for Joseph after only a dozen games of good play.
Paul not doing well, hasn’t scored in 30 games.

Reactions: Sun God Nika

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Paul not doing well, hasn’t scored in 30 games.

Joseph didn't have an even strength goal the entire season.

I know which one I'd prefer if on the same contract, even though I was perfectly fine dealing away Paul if the idea was to allocate his money towards the defense, but that didn't happen obviously.

My point was that you can't say it was a good move to trade for Joseph and re-sign him to a 2.95M x 4YR deal instead of signing Paul to a 3.15M x 7YR deal since that was not his ask pre-trade. It's a strawman and bad faith argument.

Reactions: h2 and bicboi64

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
That's a strawman.

Well Hale, all you can do is guess what it would have taken to get Paul signed here.

Speaking of straw men....do you really believe that Joseph was signed based on a dozen games?

I'm quite happy we don't have Paul signed long term. I liked him. I was advocating for him before he earned a full time spot. But he's a limited player.

I'd rather have Joseph for the next 3 years than Nick Paul.

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
Joseph 6'1 187 lbs age 26
Engvall 6'5 219 lbs age 26
There is a bit of a difference.

Yeah but those four extra inches are just neck.

D626F0DD-9F04-4648-98DB-A5B4AFA565C6.jpeg

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
That's a strawman.

Are you sure about your numbers.

Reactions: Golden_Jet

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Reactions: Sens of Anarchy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

"After rejecting the club’s final offer of a four-year, $10-million deal Thursday, Paul, who will celebrate his 27th birthday Sunday, was a healthy scratch for Friday night’s game against the Philadelphia Flyers at the Canadian Tire Centre."
So we are believing Garrioch now ?

Did he have a 5 on 5 goal this year?

Those are accurate. Paul would have signed 4 years at 3 million they wouldnt give it to him. Then gave it to Joseph lol.
Did you get that from the media or independently?

No doubt the Joseph contract was baffling. I liked the trade but only because I figure Joseph would get max 1.75M. Again baffling.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Per Bruce, Dorion was at the Dallas vs Minnesota game. I wonder if Pierre still interested in Dumba

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
No one knows what Paul would have signed for here. We know he wouldn't sign a 4 year 10M deal. Beyond that, we don't know. I'm not much for speculative bullshit.

I really wouldn't want Paul on a 7 year deal. That's probably something that TB is thinking at this point too.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
If the price was right, I'd like to see the Senators go after Logan Stanley from the Jets. He's always looked good when I've seen him play the Sens. He can play both sides and would bring some size on the bottom pairing.

Assen na yo!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad