Proposal: Trade Rumours/Proposals [MOD - Stay on Topic]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Depending who the GM is at the draft you have a lot of flexibility in terms of assets and contracts.

Extended core for now = Stutzle (1C), Norris (2C), Tkachuk, Giroux, Batherson (sweetheart contract), Pinto (3C who can move up in a pinch), Chabot (top pair D), Chychrun (top pair D), Sanderson (top pair D), Zub (2nd pair D).

DeBrincat whether he stays or not is either great depth at the top of the lineup or a good asset to gain something else in return like a package including a #1 goalie or a top 9F with other pieces.

I would overpay to get one of Gibson or Saros...

I ran into Brass on Thursday in Montreal and asked him about Formenton, he was surprisingly candid. I have a bit of info if any of you are interested. I feel like it's 50/50 he comes back, definitely think there's more chances than I assumed after speaking with Brass. That would be a huge add, very quiet yet significant loss that we suffered with him. Everyone talks about Norris, our goalies and Zub but not having Formenton was a huge loss to our bottom six even moreso since we moved on from Brown and Paul.
Yeah I would love to know what brass said.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
Trade Proposal w/Detroit:
Debrincat for Kubalik and 2023 1st round pick(18th overall) and 2023 2nd round pick(lowest of their 3).

Kubalik's 2.5 million cap hit would give the team a lot of flexibility to add a goaltender/forward. Adding Kubalik and Formenton(if he returns) would greatly add to overall depth and you would still have money leftover to tinker.

18th overall could be parlayed into adding an additional forward or used to stock up a diminished prospect pool; same goes for the 2nd round pick.

Reactions: bicboi64

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Trade Proposal w/Detroit:
Debrincat for Kubalik and 2023 1st round pick(18th overall) and 2023 2nd round pick(lowest of their 3).

Kubalik's 2.5 million cap hit would give the team a lot of flexibility to add a goaltender/forward. Adding Kubalik and Formenton(if he returns) would greatly add to overall depth and you would still have money leftover to tinker.

18th overall could be parlayed into adding an additional forward or used to stock up a diminished prospect pool; same goes for the 2nd round pick.
Not that the return is fantastic, but I think its what we can expect. Kubalik isn't a scrub and is a serviceable top 9 winger who can be a decent stop gap while we shore up the rest of our roster.

Sens in Process

Oct 1, 2012
Not that the return is fantastic, but I think its what we can expect. Kubalik isn't a scrub and is a serviceable top 9 winger who can be a decent stop gap while we shore up the rest of our roster.
Return is not fantastic, but, like you said, realistic.

Tkachuck/Stutzle/Greig
Formenton/Norris/Batherson
Kubilik/Pinto/Giroux
Joseph/Kastelic/Tough Guy

Unlike many, I think has Greig has top 6 potential, just needs to get bigger and stronger. Grieg puts up 45 points next year.

Kubilik has scored 30 before, so is more than capable of filling a bit of the gap - in lieu of the Cat's exit.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I’m always leery of guys like Ullmark that have career years who prior to were fringe backups.

To me the Bruins do a great job of insulating their goaltenders and I worry Swayman is as well

Look at Talbot we got fooled on him in Minny and we see how Gus is playing now too.

A teams systems can make goalies look way better or worse than they are more so than players

Ulmark had solid numbers before this year.

2018-19: 37gp .905
2019-20: 34gp .915
2020-21: 20gp .917
2021-22: 41 gp .917

Obviously .938 is an outlier and the team's season helps but he's been good and isn't coming out of completely nowhere.
Ya, Ullmark was showing some promise and playing pretty well in his last couple of years in Buffalo. I think that Boston recognized it and hence were interested in acquiring him.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Seriously, big huge NO to taking a shit deal trading a 40 goal scorer to Detroit.

That is a disaster waiting to happen for years to come. We don’t trade star players to a close rival for quantity.

Just say no and move on.

Non of the deals with Detroit are reasonable or realistic.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
I can’t blame anyone for seizing their opportunity to get into Chychrun’s bed, but I’m not sure that means you’re sticking around.
LOL. Yep, I'd say the 2 most important factors will be what his wife wants and money. Hanging out with the lads pales in comparison.

Reactions: Cosmix and Bileur

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
Return is not fantastic, but, like you said, realistic.

Tkachuck/Stutzle/Greig
Formenton/Norris/Batherson
Kubilik/Pinto/Giroux
Joseph/Kastelic/Tough Guy

Unlike many, I think has Greig has top 6 potential, just needs to get bigger and stronger. Grieg puts up 45 points next year.

Kubilik has scored 30 before, so is more than capable of filling a bit of the gap - in lieu of the Cat's exit.
I'd prefer:
Brady Norris Bath reunion
Kubalik Stu Giroux, if there's anyone that can get Kubalik to 30g again, its Stu
Greig Pinto Joseph
Gauthier Kastelic Brass

I'm just assuming Formenton isn't back and as the season progresses, if Greig shows flashes of scoring potential, he can play on Stu's wing, but if we want to let him cook on the 3rd line and let him grow with Pinto, I'm good with that. If Kubalik is a good fit, his extension isn't going to break the bank, but if we need to make an upgrade on Joseph, we might have the space.

bicboi64

Aug 13, 2020
Brampton
If we ever traded ADC for Kubalik+ we’d be laughed off HFB.
Some of you act like we actively want Cat to be traded and replace him with Kubalik because we think he's some hidden gem.

No, we're voicing out possible scenarios in the event that management decides moving Cat is best if he doesn't want to stay. Kubalik, 1st, and a 2nd is very meh compared to what we gave, but guess what, there's very little value that we'll get that we like even if we trade Cat with an extension in place.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Basically Brass told me that the Melnyk daughters had a lot to do with Formenton not playing this season.

They’re very “woke”, didn’t want the team to have any bad press and didn’t wanna be associated with that situation.

Also makes you wonder if they were giving Batherson crap that potentially affected him mentally.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Basically Brass told me that the Melnyk daughters had a lot to do with Formenton not playing this season.

They’re very “woke”, didn’t want the team to have any bad press and didn’t wanna be associated with that situation.

Also makes you wonder if they were giving Batherson crap that potentially affected him mentally.
Well that makes a lot of sense in terms of clarification.

Also means the door is potentially open which is something.

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....

Hopefully we'll finally have owners who are hands off hockey operations very soon.

Assen na yo!

Reactions: senswon

Oscar The Grouch

Oct 16, 2021
That's an idiotic statement. If they're deciding who should and shouldn't play for the team it absolutely is interfering with hockey operations.

Assen na yo!

I guess if they decided not to renew the contract of one of the Sen's accountants, who was being investigated by the police in the face of very serious public allegations, they'd be interfering with ACCOUNTING OPERATIONS.

I mean, they don't have CAs, why they hell are they getting involved in accounting??

Masked

(Super/star)
Apr 16, 2017
They got the donuts? Excellent....
I guess if they decided not to renew the contract of one of the Sen's accountants, who was being investigated by the police in the face of very serious public allegations, they'd be interfering with ACCOUNTING OPERATIONS.

I mean, they don't have CAs, why they hell are they getting involved in accounting??

That's a really stupid false equivalence. Accountants support the business and are readily available at a comparable ability. Hockey players are the business and a rare resource.

Every other player suspected in the possible incident was playing this season and the incident didn't involve just one player. Maybe other ownerships believe in the presumption of innocence and/or just stay out of hockey operations.

assennayo

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
That's a really stupid false equivalence. Accountants support the business and are readily available at a comparable ability. Hockey players are the business and a rare resource.

Every other player suspected in the possible incident was playing this season and the incident didn't involve just one player. Maybe other ownerships believe in the presumption of innocence and/or just stay out of hockey operations.

assennayo
Should we gave kept Randy Lee around until his case was fully resolved, did you give him the presumption of innocence until he plead guilty?

LatteLarrys

LatteLarry's
Dec 27, 2013

assennayo

Well, one unique factor -- at least compared to Bath -- is Forms needing a new contract. I admittedly don't know what the contract situation is/was for the other players playing this season, but then again, there's the other speculative factors (which I won't entertain here) that could have further complicated that process within the limited timeline. Anyway, I feel this kind of situation is understandably different from the examples under the prev ownership.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Does this mean that Dorion's comment referring to the league ordering the Senators NOT to sign Formenton was not the whole truth?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad