Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
Kane is a career 0.61ppg player 88 goals in 289 games played.
Clarkson is 0.39ppg 99 goals in 450 games played.

Soooo he's scored at a 24 goal pace whereas Clarkson has scored at a 19 goal pace. You have effectively proven that Kane is a better player than Clarkson, I dont think there's anyone doubting that, but that's it.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
Kane is a career 0.61ppg player 88 goals in 289 games played.
Clarkson is 0.39ppg 99 goals in 450 games played.

So...He has the exact same amount of 30 goals season as Kane.

I'm obviously not saying he's better I'm just showing you that calling Kane a proven 30 goal scorer is not exactly correct.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Cowen + Zibby for Kane is probably a bit too much. It would be one or the other and then adding a decent piece. To think that Kane has a huge amount more value than either of those two is pushing it a bit. It's easy to be down on a guy like Cowen because of how he ended last year and started this one, but he's still got potential to be a solid top 4 defender.

If I'm trying to land Kane, which I would be because he's amazing, I would be looking at packages like this:

Zibanejad + Driedger + 3rd

Cowen + Driedger + Stone/Prince

Slow Hands

The feels
Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
The funniest thing about Kane is that he'd surely be run out of town the minute he showed any sort of attitude or dogged it whatsoever.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The funniest thing about Kane is that he'd surely be run out of town the minute he showed any sort of attitude or dogged it whatsoever.

haha i was thinking this. A lot of Jets fans cant stand his attitude imagine him here?:laugh:

I would take him in a heartbeat but i also have a lot more patience with player and like players with a bit of flare like Emery.

Don't think most fans here would be able to handle it

The Waffler

Smartest Man-Child on HF
Jul 10, 2009
Planet Earth
Kane has "personality" and we know from previous experiences (Ray Emery) that anyone with "personality" is an instant write-off to Sens fans. It's a damn shame. Now teams like Philly or Winnipeg, they have "personality".

Last edited:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
haha i was thinking this. A lot of Jets fans cant stand his attitude imagine him here?:laugh:

I would take him in a heartbeat but i also have a lot more patience with player and like players with a bit of flare like Emery.

Don't think most fans here would be able to handle it

Jets fans are different though. They will be very loyal to players who give their all but are going through a slump, while Sens fans will want to dump the players, owner, GM, and coach continually. Wpg is a blue collar town, while Ottawa is a "what have you done for me in the last 5 minutes" town.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Jets fans are different though. They will be very loyal to players who give their all but are going through a slump, while Sens fans will want to dump the players, owner, GM, and coach continually. Wpg is a blue collar town, while Ottawa is a "what have you done for me in the last 5 minutes" town.

yup agreed

we would have run Kane out of town already

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
yup agreed

we would have run Kane out of town already

Which players do you feel the fans have "ru n out of town" before in this organization?

I see comments like this a lot but I'm having trouble making sense of them. Ottawa has lots of players who have been around a very long time and seem to enjoy playing in the city quite a bit.

I can't identify any player we "ran out of town" before so I don't really see why you think this would be a realistic scenario.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
Which players do you feel the fans have "ru n out of town" before in this organization?

I see comments like this a lot but I'm having trouble making sense of them. Ottawa has lots of players who have been around a very long time and seem to enjoy playing in the city quite a bit.

I can't identify any player we "ran out of town" before so I don't really see why you think this would be a realistic scenario.

Corvo was initially ran out of town by the media.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Corvo was initially ran out of town by the media.

The whole team was playing badly and he was traded along with Patrick Eaves.

How is that being run out of town? And how would that have any significance if Evander Kane were traded to the Sens?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
The whole team was playing badly and he was traded along with Patrick Eaves.

How is that being run out of town? And how would that have any significance if Evander Kane were traded to the Sens?

Kane has an off ice personality that a lot of ppl here would'nt like and I can see it escalate quickly with our fanbase.

Emery, Macgratton and Redden are to name a few who took some heat for off ice 'activities' if it were true or not who knows

then you add the players who were critized on the ice Corvo (asked for a trade), Mesz Alfie, Spezza, and Chara.

Our fanbase has a tendency to target certain players and eat them alive and I think Kane would be a easy target if things went poorly

WhiteLight*

Wait why is Ottawa trading Zibanejad+ for Kane? Wouldn't trade Zibanejad straight up for him

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
Kane has an off ice personality that a lot of ppl here would'nt like and I can see it escalate quickly with out fanbase.

Emery, Macgratton and Redden are to name a few who took some heat for off ice 'activities' if it were true or not who knows

All three of the guys you named were fan favourites. The "heat" they took was pretty minimal and in most cases warranted.

Emery had problems with his commitment and professionalism. He was my favourite Sens player despite this and was given a pretty long leash before being waived and then bought out after no team wanted him.

Redden was not run out of town. He got awarded a huge contract he didn't deserve and he received a very warm welcome his first game back in Ottawa and continues to be a an all time fan favourite.

Mcgratton left the NHL to go to rehab after being traded by the Sens...

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Yup, trading for Kane is too risky. Bad idea, we should move on.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
All three of the guys you named were fan favourites. The "heat" they took was pretty minimal and in most cases warranted.

Emery had problems with his commitment and professionalism. He was my favourite Sens player despite this and was given a pretty long leash before being waived and then bought out after no team wanted him.

Redden was not run out of town. He got awarded a huge contract he didn't deserve and he received a very warm welcome his first game back in Ottawa and continues to be a an all time fan favourite.

Mcgratton left the NHL to go to rehab after being traded by the Sens...

Redden was not a fan favourite the couple of years before he left.

Actually Emery, Macgratton, Heatley and Spezza were supposedly part of a 'clique' according to the fans and many wanted them to go or atleast get Emery and Macgratton away from Spezza.

Then you had the Alfie side with Phillips and Neil and the fans were fueled by it cause i think Spezza and Neil had a run in during practice. Anyways all rumours which ultimately led to the demise of Emery and Macgratton as senators.

Lets not forget most fans sided with Redden over Chara when Chara had that poor playoff.

There are many examples of our fanbase targeting players on the 'what have you done for me lately' mentality.

To a lesser extent Kovalev/Gonchar were dead men walking when they came here

Remember when fans wanted to trade Alfie for Conroy and him getting pominville'd? ALl these things take a toll on a player and maybe if we didn't turn our back on Alfie so often he would have thought twice before turning his back on us. :s

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Wait why is Ottawa trading Zibanejad+ for Kane? Wouldn't trade Zibanejad straight up for him

i kinda agree with this. Zibby seems to have his head on straight but i would be tempted to deal him for Kane straight.

Zibby + Cowen is way too much

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011

Actually Emery, Macgratton, Heatley and Spezza were supposedly part of a 'clique' according to the fans and many wanted them to go or atleast get Emery and Macgratton away from Spezza.

Then you had the Alfie side with Phillips and Neil and the fans were fueled by it cause i think Spezza and Neil had a run in during practice. Anyways all rumours which ultimately led to the demise of Emery and Macgratton as senators.

Lets not forget most fans sided with Redden over Chara when Chara had that poor playoff.

There are many examples of our fanbase targeting players on the 'what have you done for me lately' mentality.

I still don't see any examples of players being "run out of town" for anything but completely legitimate reasons.

Every team in the NHL will have a long list of players that used to play for them.

Redden was a fan favourite but that doesn't mean fans weren't appropriately frustrated when his play took a sudden drop in performance.

The fanbase may ask "what have you done for me lately" too often but your idea that they run players out of town is completely far fetched.

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011

Remember when fans wanted to trade Alfie for Conroy and him getting pominville'd? ALl these things take a toll on a player and maybe if we didn't turn our back on Alfie so often he would have thought twice before turning his back on us. :s

I remember the team playing awfully and Bruce Garrioch writing a stupid column. I then remember watching the Sens play in the cup finals and continue to keep Alfie as captain for another 5 years plus...

We then collectively cried when he left. You're not really trying to convince me the fans ran Alfie out of town are you?

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I remember the team playing awfully and Bruce Garrioch writing a stupid column. I then remember watching the Sens play in the cup finals and continue to keep Alfie as captain for another 5 years plus...

We then collectively cried when he left. You're not really trying to convince me the fans ran Alfie out of town are you?

nope that isn't what i said about Alfie. You are picking one player out of the list i produced. But i dont think it was hard for Alfie to leave or atleast how some people act like the fans of this team have always liked him. You are right Alfie was kept for another 5 years but htat is cause management wasnt as short sighted as the fans. If the fans had their way Alfie wouldnt have been here

what part of Corvo and Emery run out of town dont you understand? and to an extent Redden

Busboy

Jul 29, 2011
nope that isn't what i said about Alfie. You are picking one player out of the list i produced. But i dont think it was hard for Alfie to leave or atleast how some people act like the fans of this team have always liked him.

anyways Kane will be a lightning rod for criticism here i would love him on this team though.

Corvo, Redden and Emery were run out of town. Our fanbase is incapable of cutting slack to players who have proven themselves in the past

I addressed all the players you mentioned and none of them left or were traded for reasons at all related to the fans.

If Kane is going to be a lightning rod of criticism here it wouldn't be for reasons unique to the Ottawa fanbase.

Corvo was a part of a trade to shake up a team in the middle of an epic collapse. Redden left as UFA and was became one of the most overpaid players of the past decade. Emery played poorly, displayed a bad attitude and was waived, then bought out and then failed to be signed by any club in the league.

I don't understand how you believe the fans dictated any of this.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I addressed all the players you mentioned and none of them left or were traded for reasons at all related to the fans.

If Kane is going to be a lightning rod of criticism here it wouldn't be for reasons unique to the Ottawa fanbase.

again Corvo left cause of the pressure of the fans and media that is well known

he asked for a trade to get out

some fanbases can handle it better than others.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad