Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I find the word 'trash' 'garbage' and 'sucks' are thrown around far too often on this board when referring to professional hockey players. How many players on this team have ever put up a 50 point pace ever in their careers?

I'm not saying it has to be done or anything like that, but Omark has shown the ability to be productive in the NHL -- and in every other league.

It probably doesn't happen, but it isn't stupid to discuss given the other trades thrown around constantly. Even if Omark is only as good as he was in his rookie year that's still more productive than every other winger we have not named Ryan or MacArthur.

At this point I sure as hell would rather take a chance on Omark playing in the top 6 than Michalek (at least how he's played this year).

When has Linus Omark ever scored at a 50 point pace? 10-11 he scored 27 points in 51 games. That's a 43 point pace. His career point pace is 37 points per 82 games.

Since you brought up Michalek, his career PPG is 52 pts/82 GP. This year he's on pace for 35. He also actually has a work ethic and the ability to play in a number of roles.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Can we just make a deal with winnipeg or edmonton already preferably winnipeg.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Cowen + Zibanejad for Kane.

Kane/Spezza/Michalek
MacArthut/Turris/Ryan
Conacher/Pageau/Condra
Greening/Smith/Neil

Believe me man, Kane on this top six would be absolutely beautiful. However... we are giving up 2 guys who could be dynamic to this team's future. Worse yet... what if Spezza falters due to injury, who's Kane gonna play with? You could come up with argument that whoever we get back in return will or Lazar eventually will but then that's all on how the staff views the play of certain players etc...

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Spezza for Kane

MacArthur - Turris - Ryan
Kane - Zibanejad - Stone

Would be such a sick top 6 going forward.

Spezza is a declining piece that is leading this team into the ground. Now is the time to trade him - his value is still decently high, and I am sure many teams aren't aware of how bad he is now. They'll see the name, see the points, see the contract (5M and 4M in salary next two seasons) and jump at the chance to acquire him.

I hope Murray is considering it. Anyone can preach about loyalty and how valuable it is, but we have wasted many points and several spots in the standings by playing Anderson out of loyalty, despite him ****ing the bed game after game. Keeping Spezza here out of loyalty is a mistake. He has been a failure as captain thus far, and I really don't want to see his value diminish in the next couple years and regret not trading him when we had the chance.

PoutineSp00nZ

Electricity is really just organized lightning.
Jul 21, 2009
Ottawa
Spezza for Kane

Kane - Zibanejad - Stone

Spezza is a declining piece that is leading this team into the ground. Now is the time to trade him - his value is still decently high, and I am sure many teams aren't aware of how bad he is now. They'll see the name, see the points, see the contract (5M and 4M in salary next two seasons) and jump at the chance to acquire him.

I hope Murray is considering it. Anyone can preach about loyalty and how valuable it is, but we have wasted many points and several spots in the standings by playing Anderson out of loyalty, despite him ****ing the bed game after game. Keeping Spezza here out of loyalty is a mistake. He has been a failure as captain thus far, and I really don't want to see his value diminish in the next couple years and regret not trading him when we had the chance.

I disagree with your assessment of SPezza, and although im not sure why it needs to be repeated yet again . . but why would spezza waive to go to winnipeg?

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Cowen + Zibanejad for Kane.

Kane/Spezza/Michalek
MacArthut/Turris/Ryan
Conacher/Pageau/Condra
Greening/Smith/Neil

Holy crap, a realistic trade proposal. Is that allowed?

If the rumors are true about the asking price, we would also have to add a high end (but not elite) prospect. Any ideas on who? I'm sure the Jets would ask for a Ceci but we would say no, and I'm pretty sure a counter offer of Stone would be too low.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
Spezza for Kane

Kane - Zibanejad - Stone

Accuracy of the bolded comment aside, you expect to trade away a declining piece for a young, high end scorer who has not reached his potential yet? Ok, lets trade Z-Bad for Marion Gaborik. Now think of all of the reasons you would not make this trade. Then apply the same logic to your proposal.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Holy crap, a realistic trade proposal. Is that allowed?

If the rumors are true about the asking price, we would also have to add a high end (but not elite) prospect. Any ideas on who? I'm sure the Jets would ask for a Ceci but we would say no, and I'm pretty sure a counter offer of Stone would be too low.

Cowen + Zibby is already one hell of a lot to give up for Kane. I'd have a hard time justifying that deal as it is...no way in hell I would add to it.

Marty Straka

HFBoards Senior Citizen
Aug 11, 2009
Toronto, ON
Wonder what the Rangers would want for Ryan Callahan... now he's the type of player i'd love and think would fit great in our Top6

MacArthur - Turris - Callahan would be a sick line

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Callahan is out for the next 4 weeks. He is also a UFA that will be demanding a hefty pay raise.

I have said numerous times I would want Callahan on the team.The guy oozes leadership. Unfortunately I do not think we will be able to get him.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
Cowen + Zibby is already one hell of a lot to give up for Kane. I'd have a hard time justifying that deal as it is...no way in hell I would add to it.

Thus why Kane is still a member of the Jets. Their asking price is supposedly two top 6 forwards and a high end prospect. My point was that offering a supposedly regressing older player straight up does not even get you a call back from Chevvy, let alone a deal.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
Callahan is out for the next 4 weeks. He is also a UFA that will be demanding a hefty pay raise.

I have said numerous times I would want Callahan on the team.The guy oozes leadership. Unfortunately I do not think we will be able to get him.

I think he is exactly what this team currently needs. If the Rangers are out of it at the trade deadline it may be possible to snag him but the price would still be high. The big problem is there is no guarantee the Sens wont be out of it as well by that time. I would like to see a sign and trade scenario to offset the UFA issue, especially if we had to give up a lot to get him (which we would).

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Thus why Kane is still a member of the Jets. Their asking price is supposedly two top 6 forwards and a high end prospect. My point was that offering a supposedly regressing older player straight up does not even get you a call back from Chevvy, let alone a deal.

I think a lot of people here do not grasp this is not NHL 14. You have to give to get.

Is the cost of Cowen and Zibby high? Yes it is, but Kane is a proven 30 goal scorer. Something we hope Zibby can turn into.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
I think a lot of people here do not grasp this is not NHL 14. You have to give to get.

Is the cost of Cowen and Zibby high? Yes it is, but Kane is a proven 30 goal scorer. Something we hope Zibby can turn into.

Exactly. I think you have to look at it from the perspective of the other team. If I was the GM of the Jets I would not accept an aging player for Kane. He is a 30 goal man on a contract that is becoming more and more reasonable every time the cap goes up. 29 teams would be putting together offers for him if he was truly available, and the package that wins out would be awesome.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Cowen + Zibby for Kane is a garbage trade for us. Zibanejad had 13 less points in 8 less games last year, has 1 fewer point this year and the same amount of goals.... and I think Cowen will be a better player than Zibby.

Proposals like this make me wonder what you guys would value a guy like Kane if you were watching him every night... Craig Conroy, straight up?

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
Cowen + Zibby for Kane is a garbage trade for us. Zibanejad had 13 less points in 8 less games last year, has 1 fewer point this year and the same amount of goals.... and I think Cowen will be a better player than Zibby.

Proposals like this make me wonder what you guys would value a guy like Kane if you were watching him every night... Craig Conroy, straight up?

I am a transplanted Winnipegger, and I followed the Jets from the time I could sit long enough to watch games until the time the left. Now that they are back I watch the team every chance I get when the Sens are not playing. I can assure you that Kane's value is miles ahead of 93Z right now. Kane has the ability to completely dominate a game, sort of like how Karlsson does. The difference is that Kane drives really hard to the net while Karlsson likes to make quick move to open up space for himself. 93Z and Cowen is not an overpayment at all, and is in fact a lowball offer that the Jets simply would not take. Given a few years time 93Z *may* develop into a player almost as good as Kane, and Cowen *may* be a rock on D. Of course Kane *may* end up being a 40 or 50 goal scorer if he plays with a decent C, so even that is a wash. If potential enters into the equation it should be entered in on all sides of a potential trade.

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
I am a transplanted Winnipegger, and I followed the Jets from the time I could sit long enough to watch games until the time the left. Now that they are back I watch the team every chance I get when the Sens are not playing. I can assure you that Kane's value is miles ahead of 93Z right now. Kane has the ability to completely dominate a game, sort of like how Karlsson does. The difference is that Kane drives really hard to the net while Karlsson likes to make quick move to open up space for himself. 93Z and Cowen is not an overpayment at all, and is in fact a lowball offer that the Jets simply would not take. Given a few years time 93Z *may* develop into a player almost as good as Kane, and Cowen *may* be a rock on D. Of course Kane *may* end up being a 40 or 50 goal scorer if he plays with a decent C, so even that is a wash. If potential enters into the equation it should be entered in on all sides of a potential trade.

Kane can dominate games but he's also extremely inconsistent and often lazy. I have no doubt that he will flirt with 40 in his career, but he's also gonna have a bunch of 50-60 point seasons. Zibanejad is a much more raw player, that is abundantly clear, but he still finds a way to score goals and has matched Kane in that aspect this year. Kane was drafted 4th overall in 2009, Zibanejad 6th in 2011. They've both maintained value. Adding Cowen is ludicrous. It's so so easy to get down on a behemoth like Cowen but what he's done as a 20, 21, 22 year old is ****ing impressive. Simple as that. He's shown things that not many players in the league can do. I don't even want to give up Cowen for Kane, 5 years down the road we're a worse team... and that's when this team is going to compete. Love him or hate him, Cowen will be an important part of this team for a long time.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa

Pretty much this.

A whole lot of people overrate Kane because he had a 30 goal season.

He has yet to break 60 points in 4 seasons.
He has only hit 30 goals once
Is currently on pace for 46 point season.

his max potential is 30G/60P do you really think Zibby does not have similar if not better potential?

No doubt he would be a welcome addition to this team but Cowen +Zibby is too much in my mind. And it's probably not even enough to land him. The asking price is simply exorbitant.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa

David Clarkson is also a proven 30 goal scorer by your definition. One season is proven?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad