Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Defence in two years could be some kind of

Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Borowiecki - Wikstrand
Claesson - Wiercioch
Gryba

Barring a trade or another stud D pick. That's still pretty rich if we just stay the course...

As good as that is, taking out Phillips and adding in Ceci full time, Wikstrand, Classeon makes us VERY YOUNG. You need some experience back there in the bottom 2.

Definitely hope we'd add a d-man or two to that. I also don't see Classeon and Wikstrand both panning out for us in the next two years, that's being extremely optimistic.

Gothenburg 40*

NEVER TRADE WIERCIOCH UNLESS THE OFFER'S UNBELIEVABLE.

I personally like teams that have friends (from before) who play together. Turris and Wiercioch, in my opinion, are locks to stay with the team for at least the next 5 years. That's what I hope anyways.

Wiercioch's numbers are quite impressive considering he's been the scapegoat for Ottawa's problems more times than not this season.

Berserker*

NEVER TRADE WIERCIOCH UNLESS THE OFFER'S UNBELIEVABLE.

I personally like teams that have friends (from before) who play together. Turris and Wiercioch, in my opinion, are locks to stay with the team for at least the next 5 years. That's what I hope anyways.

Wiercioch's numbers are quite impressive considering he's been the scapegoat for Ottawa's problems more times than not this season.

So we shouldn't trade Wiecioch because he is friends with Turris?

Well by that logic we should keep Kassian because he is friends with Methot. :sarcasm:

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
Wiercioch has an amazing ability to find the seam for passes out of the zone, and it leads to breakaways when it works. He also has a great shot. The downside is that he is not a physical player, and sometimes gets pushed off of the puck too easily in his own zone.

He is the type of player that another team may want to fill a specific need, and although our D is not tremendously deep he is still replaceable. This is especially true if Ceci continues to improve. This, in my opinion, is why his name comes up in trade rumours and proposals.

Gothenburg 40*

So we shouldn't trade Wiecioch because he is friends with Turris?

Well by that logic we should keep Kassian because he is friends with Methot. :sarcasm:

If they were friends from before than why not? Kassian barely makes anything and he stands up for his teammates. Are you not a FAN of this team? You don't like your team having protection? I do. Especially at less than 600 thou...

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
If they were friends from before than why not? Kassian barely makes anything and he stands up for his teammates. Are you not a FAN of this team? You don't like your team having protection? I do. Especially at less than 600 thou...

The only thing Kassian is protecting these days is the press box buffet line when he's out of the lineup, and the gatorade dispenser on the bench when he is in the lineup.

Berserker*

I'm an advocate of having enforcers, but I am not a fan os Kassian. He doesn't play his role well.

Gothenburg 40*

I'm an advocate of having enforcers, but I am not a fan os Kassian. He doesn't play his role well.

Fair enough. I'd take him over not having him, but if he can be replaced I'm not opposed to it. Supposedly he's well liked in the room, though, which I do think is important.

Gothenburg 40*

Wiercioch, fantasy numbers wise, is a very underrated defenceman. I'm not saying he's the next Karlsson, but I always had faith in EK at first, even when he had his critics complaining about his defense and plus minus, and I feel the exact same way with Wiercioch. I absolutely do not want to see this guy flourish on another team. HE'S OURS!

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Yeah, I agree that PW is a keeper. I fear we move him, but I really like his offensive game and he's good enough defensively imo to keep around. Most dmen get better defensively with experience, and if he does we have a very good player on our hands. We'd be crazy to move him unless we get a very good return on him.

Berserker*

Fair enough. I'd take him over not having him, but if he can be replaced I'm not opposed to it. Supposedly he's well liked in the room, though, which I do think is important.

In terms of what we are getting out of Kassian, I would probably sign Eric Boulton instead. Aside from that, I would see if the Bruins let Thornton walk and if so, maybe sign him to a contract. Either guy would fill the void well until Kramer is ready.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
Yep, if you're going to have an enforcer on the team, you have to get one who's capable of playing a reasonable amount of minutes without hurting the team. A 2-minute-per-game guy like Kassian will be extinct in this league very soon.

Gothenburg 40*

I am sorry. We do not allow rumors here. This is a place for people to propose trades that are so one sided that NHL 14 would decline it.

That, and for people like you with no ideas or opinions of their own whatsoever to bash any idea or opinion that is out there concerning this team! GO SENS.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
That, and for people like you with no ideas or opinions of their own whatsoever to bash any idea or opinion that is out there concerning this team! GO SENS.

tumblr_mronw60ajT1rm1u90o1_250.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad