Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Would love a guy like Backes or Perron. Ceci has helped our blue line, and so has an improving Cowen, but we still need help on defence and a top 6 winger. Are any good 2 way forwards available?

Mac-Spezza/Turris-Ryan
xxx-Spezza/Turris-Zib
Greening-Pageau-Condra
Conacher-Smith-Neil

Meth-Karl
Phillips-Ceci
Wier-Cowen

Is there a way to upgrade Michalek and fill in the xxx

Last edited:

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Unbelievable how Ceci changes the entire dynamic of our team.

Cowen has been playing brilliant hockey lately, Ceci too, Karlsson is getting his game back.. and we don't even have Methot back yet.

I still say get a top 3 defender and this team becomes a different kind of threat.

Call me crazy but I'd package Wiercioch.

WhiteLight*

Unbelievable how Ceci changes the entire dynamic of our team.

Cowen has been playing brilliant hockey lately, Ceci too, Karlsson is getting his game back.. and we don't even have Methot back yet.

I still say get a top 3 defender and this team becomes a different kind of threat.

You're crazy. Phillips, Methot, Cowen, Boro… they're not PP threats at all (not yet for Cowen anyway). Wiercioch is the only left handed PP guy. He should have been out there in overtime tonight. MacArthur was full of fail on the PP.

-------Ryan/Zib
Spezza ------ Wiercioch
------Karlsson

He's too good with too much potential to trade

Zm0NU1s.gif

lol that's why I said possibly top 2

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
You're crazy. Phillips, Methot, Cowen, Boro… they're not PP threats at all (not yet for Cowen anyway). Wiercioch is the only left handed PP guy. He should have been out there in overtime tonight. MacArthur was full of fail on the PP.

-------Ryan/Zib
Spezza ------ Wiercioch
------Karlsson

He's too good with too much potential to trade

But you never took into consideration what we were getting back for Wiercioch. I was saying to package Wiercioch for a more established number 3 PMD now. Let's use Enstrom for example.

Karlsson, Enstrom, Ceci, Wikstrand.

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Enstrom
Ceci-Phillips/Boro
Gryba/Wikstrand/Claesson/Wideman

Works for me.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes

Eventually. For sure not this season or next season.

Good contract and adds competition for Ceci while he's eased in.

Cowen/Methot-Karlsson
Cowen/Methot-Ceci/Wiercioch
Phillips/Boro-Wiercioch/Ceci

Edit: Post above works though :)

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
I'm alright with doing that, as long as I get the last word.

I won't be rude and leave somebody hanging if they feel the need to challenge my OPINION. If you disagree enough to write about it, I will reply. If you don't like that I reply, I suggest leaving the original comment alone.

taurus?

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
In regards to the mention of Perron,, I was really hoping that the Sens would try to get him when it became apparent that the Blues didn't see him as part of their core. We could have easily topped Edmonton's offer, but we had already signed Clarke and they would have filled the exact same role on the team.

He's been a fantastic pick up for the Oil.

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
In regards to the mention of Perron,, I was really hoping that the Sens would try to get him when it became apparent that the Blues didn't see him as part of their core. We could have easily topped Edmonton's offer, but we had already signed Clarke and they would have filled the exact same role on the team.

He's been a fantastic pick up for the Oil.

Nah, he wouldn't have been redundant here at all. Spezza's played with Michalek and Conacher for most of the year so far. Getting Perron would have been huge.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Nah, he wouldn't have been redundant here at all. Spezza's played with Michalek and Conacher for most of the year so far. Getting Perron would have been huge.

Money is the issue, that's what I was talking about. Their stats are almost identical and they play a similar style, so yes....it would have been redundant.

Perron-Spezza-Ryan
McArthur-Turris-Zibby

Yeah that's doable in NHL 14, not in real life.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Money is the issue, that's what I was talking about. Their stats are almost identical and they play a similar style, so yes....it would have been redundant.

Perron-Spezza-Ryan
McArthur-Turris-Zibby

Yeah that's doable in NHL 14, not in real life.

Thats very doable for a non-budget team.

The Sens could easily too if it weren't for Michalek.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Thats very doable for a non-budget team.

The Sens could easily too if it weren't for Michalek.

Exactly, Perron has a cap hit of 3.8M and MacArthur's is 3.25. That's why I said it was one or the other.

Michalek's cap hit which has been well documented around here is 4.33M

I would take Perron over Michlaek every single time.

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
I wanted Perron for a long time back when he was still out with that vicious concussion. He would have been a great addition to the team.

83DIZ65

Sep 8, 2011
halifax
peron fits the teams time frame quite well too.........wish we woulda got him....but the way hes playin im guessin the asking price would be zibby+ .....no ****ing thank you.....

The Fuhr*

Exactly, Perron has a cap hit of 3.8M and MacArthur's is 3.25. That's why I said it was one or the other.

Michalek's cap hit which has been well documented around here is 4.33M

I would take Perron over Michlaek every single time.

Salary means more to us then cap hit.
MM makes 6.0 this year
Perron makes 3.5

Would still have 2.5 left over to upgrade the D

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
But you never took into consideration what we were getting back for Wiercioch. I was saying to package Wiercioch for a more established number 3 PMD now. Let's use Enstrom for example.

Karlsson, Enstrom, Ceci, Wikstrand.

Cowen-Karlsson
Methot-Enstrom
Ceci-Phillips/Boro
Gryba/Wikstrand/Claesson/Wideman

Works for me.

We have to assume , at least for the short term future, Ceci stays up. That's a lot of D to be carrying and no-one else can go down without waivers. Something has to give.

Like that you mention both Claesson and Wikstrand, as I think they are a part of the equation moving into next year.

StefanW

Mar 13, 2013
Ottawa
www.storiesnumberstell.com
We have to assume , at least for the short term future, Ceci stays up. That's a lot of D to be carrying and no-one else can go down without waivers. Something has to give.

Like that you mention both Claesson and Wikstrand, as I think they are a part of the equation moving into next year.

The easy solution, and the one I see as most likely, is to keep Ceci up for another game or two and then send him down. He will end up there again eventually this season, so why risk losing a guy in waivers and having an empty slot later.

guyzeur

Mar 25, 2009
Ottawa

Like you two, I think Wikstrand is a great prospect but he will spend at least one year in Bingo.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Everyone is always so eager to trade wiercioch..He hasnt even played a hundred games in the NHL yet and some days he looks unreal...sees passes out of his own zone that no one else does. will be solid compliment to Ceci and Karlsson. hes not the same type of offensive defensman, he keeps the other team on its toes and hes .5 ppg player over his career so far. Hes still learning at the NHL and if we can get 30-45 point from him every year what more do you want from your fourth d man..we cant have 6 ppg defensmen...

Berserker*

Everyone is always so eager to trade wiercioch..He hasnt even played a hundred games in the NHL yet and some days he looks unreal...sees passes out of his own zone that no one else does. will be solid compliment to Ceci and Karlsson. hes not the same type of offensive defensman, he keeps the other team on its toes and hes .5 ppg player over his career so far. Hes still learning at the NHL and if we can get 30-45 point from him every year what more do you want from your fourth d man..we cant have 6 ppg defensmen...

The problem with Weircioch is that he is too slow and soft. For an offensive d man, he doesn't have anywhere near the mobility of Karlsson, Ceci or Corvo and for a guy his size, his physical game s nearly non existent and he gives forwards way too much time and space. Sure he has some upside but players are surpassing him on the depth chart pretty quickly.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Defence in two years could be some kind of

Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Borowiecki - Wikstrand
Claesson - Wiercioch
Gryba

Barring a trade or another stud D pick. That's still pretty rich if we just stay the course...

Berserker*

Defence in two years could be some kind of

Cowen - Karlsson
Methot - Ceci
Borowiecki - Wikstrand
Claesson - Wiercioch
Gryba

Barring a trade or another stud D pick. That's still pretty rich if we just stay the course...

I don't think Gryba will be with this organization in two years. Switch him with Sdao and then it is more realistic. Sdao is a decent d man and has the potential to be a heavyweight enforcer as he gets bigger, stronger and more experienced with fighting.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
D men take longer I know, but this group is still pretty young. I like Gryba can be a rock, but I guess Boro will be there for that.

He's not a heavyweight, but I do like his game when he is "on"

Berserker*

D men take longer I know, but this group is still pretty young. I like Gryba can be a rock, but I guess Boro will be there for that.

He's not a heavyweight, but I do like his game when he is "on"

He was a heavyweight at the USHL level, and he has the potential to be a heavyweight at the NHL level once he gets more experience. But he still has a lot of work to do to take on the top heavies in this league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad