Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothenburg 40*

Jackie-Chan-Meme-Template.jpg

Career plus 77 vs career minus 3....former first overall pick vs. former 3rd rounder...

Phillips FTW

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
Coyotes got Rundblad AND a 2nd rounder, which ended up being Vermette. Put those 2 together and I think the Yotes did quite well and Ottawa technically did overpay, even though Turris is my favorite player on the team.

Vermette was traded for Curtis McElhinney, 2nd and a 5th. Not just our 2nd. Curtis McElhinney is CBJ main goalie right now since Bob is not in his Vezina form.

and the Heatley comment? He was first/ second line while he was here, and was playing better than Michalek, Cheechoo are now when we still had him. Just saying....

Heatley was not going to stay in Ottawa. Murray had a good deal in place but Heatley and his agent stopped it by being jerks.
We got Michalek, a young perennial 20 goal scorer on a long term contract, Cheechoo (we had to take him for cap his purposes) and a 2nd which we flipped for Sutton when we went on a cup run.

Heatley got unloaded on Minny, and Milan went and scored 35 goals for us. Granted he has gone downhill, but not to the degree Heatley has. At the deadline, Milan will net us more than what Minny would be able to get for Heatley.

WhiteLight*

dudette....

dude. Just think for a minute. Why do you think draft position has any effect on their actual play…

Come on. No reasonable person would say Phillips is better. Beauchemin should have been a Norris finalist last year. He's a legit #1 pair guy

Gothenburg 40*

dude. Just think for a minute. Why do you think draft position has any effect on their actual play…

Come on. No reasonable person would say Phillips is better. Beauchemin should have been a Norris finalist last year. He's a legit #1 pair guy

AGREE TO DISAGREE. I wouldn't take Beauchemin for free.

PS Explain to me how if Beauchemin is so much better, playing for a better team, why he's minus 80 behind Phillips? Defensemen are supposed to stop goals.

WhiteLight*

AGREE TO DISAGREE. I wouldn't take Beauchemin for free.

PS Explain to me how if Beauchemin is so much better, playing for a better team, why he's minus 80 behind Phillips? Defensemen are supposed to stop goals.

minus 80? He's +17 this year.

Too many flaws in your reasoning to point out, wouldn't be done until midnight

Gothenburg 40*

Vermette was traded for Curtis McElhinney, 2nd and a 5th. Not just our 2nd. Curtis McElhinney is CBJ main goalie right now since Bob is not in his Vezina form.

Heatley was not going to stay in Ottawa. Murray had a good deal in place but Heatley and his agent stopped it by being jerks.
We got Michalek, a young perennial 20 goal scorer on a long term contract, Cheechoo (we had to take him for cap his purposes) and a 2nd which we flipped for Sutton when we went on a cup run.

Heatley got unloaded on Minny, and Milan went and scored 35 goals for us. Granted he has gone downhill, but not to the degree Heatley has. At the deadline, Milan will net us more than what Minny would be able to get for Heatley.

If you look at each player and what they did for OTTAWA, sens lose that trade. Heatley was a 39-50 goal scorer with OTTAWA, Michalek got one year at 36ish...

Gothenburg 40*

minus 80? He's +17 this year.

Too many flaws in your reasoning to point out, wouldn't be done until midnight

Fair enough. I'd take Phillips over Beauchemin anyday. And usually draft rankings don't mean nothing. Clearly at one point Phillips was highly touted....perhaps its Ottawa's fault he's not + 17 this year?

So that means Beauchemin was -20 at the start of the year? OUCH.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
If you look at each player and what they did for OTTAWA, sens lose that trade. Heatley was a 39-50 goal scorer with OTTAWA, Michalek got one year at 36ish...

HEATLEY WANTED OUT!

Why are you not understanding this? The moment a player publicly states he wants a trade, he handcuffs his gm. Considering the caphit Heatley had and the public trade demand, Murray got a good deal.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Fair enough. I'd take Phillips over Beauchemin anyday. And usually draft rankings don't mean nothing. Clearly at one point Phillips was highly touted....perhaps its Ottawa's fault he's not + 17 this year?

So that means Beauchemin was -20 at the start of the year? OUCH.

phillips is still living off his career pluses from the when our team was stacked. Heatley trade imo wasnt good but we had our backs against the wall. In the bryan murray thread i was quite critical of some of the moves he made.

Gothenburg 40*

HEATLEY WANTED OUT!

Why are you not understanding this? The moment a player publicly states he wants a trade, he handcuffs his gm. Considering the caphit Heatley had and the public trade demand, Murray got a good deal.

I was conscious when this happened. Senators still got ripped off. I never said anything else. Calm down!

MURRAY DID NOT WANT TO MAKE THE DEAL, for a reason.

Gothenburg 40*

I'm not intending to be pro Phillips, but I personally thought he was playing some of his best hockey this year. I've missed the last few games though...

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
2012-2013 James Norris Memorial Trophy Voting

#|Player|Team|Pts|1st|2nd|3rd|4th|5th
1|Subban P.K.|MTL|1266|66|56|35|12|3
2|Suter Ryan|MIN|1230|65|54|34|8|8
3|Letang Kris|PIT|914|31|37|42|39|18
4|Beauchemin Francois|ANA|290|1|6|20|33|39
5|Chara Zdeno|BOS|289|10|9|16|8|22
6|Keith Duncan|CHI|281|1|8|16|36|27
7|Ekman-Larsson Oliver|PHO|79|3|1|2|8|8
8|Weber Shea|NSH|49|0|1|4|5|7
9|Doughty Drew|LA|43|0|1|2|7|5
10|Kronwall Niklas|DET|33|0|2|1|3|5
11|Phaneuf Dion|TOR|28|0|1|1|4|4
12|Yandle Keith|PHO|27|0|0|0|6|9
13|Markov Andrei|MTL|23|1|0|1|1|5
14|Pietrangelo Alex|STL|23|0|2|0|2|3
15|Byfuglien Dustin|WPG|13|0|0|1|2|2
16|Hamhuis Dan|VAN|9|0|0|1|1|1
17|Green Mike|WAS|6|0|0|0|1|3
18|Karlsson Erik|OTT|5|0|0|1|0|0
|Orpik Brooks|PIT|5|0|0|1|0|0
20|Timonen Kimmo|PHI|5|0|0|0|1|2
21|Seidenberg Dennis|BOS|4|0|0|0|1|1
22|Girardi Dan|NYR|2|0|0|0|0|2
23|Martin Paul|PIT|1|0|0|0|0|1
|Souray Sheldon|ANA|1|0|0|0|0|1
|Visnovsky Lubomir|NYI|1|0|0|0|0|1

Not sure why im even responding.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Benny you are the top or at least top 2 GIFter here

GIF's are easier than words. Its a shame the site somewhat frowns upon them.

OOOOH fourth place! Not quite first overall but anyways....

(as rankings are rankings....subjective at best).
Sure the rankings are subjective but its says something to be on that last and be top 5. Phillips is no where to be seen on that list for a reason.

GoSensGo6172

BELIEVE!
Jan 2, 2008
Ottawa
Wow, I can't even keep up with the ridiculous posts in this thread sometimes. Even worse is when there is a long drawn out back and forth conversation of why a proposal is good or bad.

Gothenburg 40*

FACT: last season was only the SECOND plus (+) season for Beauchemin, which I suppose is so impressive that now he's Norris Trophy potential? Sorry, but I just don't see it. I recognize that many people disagree with me though.

Major Might

Oct 18, 2013
FACT: last season was only the SECOND plus (+) season for Beauchemin, which I suppose is so impressive that now he's Norris Trophy potential? Sorry, but I just don't see it. I recognize that many people disagree with me though.

Just let it go man. :laugh:

Gothenburg 40*

Just let it go man. :laugh:

I'm alright with doing that, as long as I get the last word.

I won't be rude and leave somebody hanging if they feel the need to challenge my OPINION. If you disagree enough to write about it, I will reply. If you don't like that I reply, I suggest leaving the original comment alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad