Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Would look something like:

MacArthur – Spezza – Yakupov
Conacher – Turris – Ryan
Condra – Pageau – Zibanejad
Greening - Smith – Neil
Kassian

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013
Defining "decent" is always an adventure isn't it.

I was wondering if Edmonton would look at Anderson and Michalek for Yakupov, Martindale and Klefbom.

Enhances their goaltending and adds a player who could impact their top 6. We get Yakupov who would settle into our top 6, add a good Ottawa-centric prospect in Martindale and another good D prospect.

We'll need to bring up Lawson, but he's had quite a good year in the AHL so far.

thats really bad for Edmonton, that wont even get you close for Yakupov, especially Anderson has been horrible and even if he was playing like last year you wont get yakupov alone for that package.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I'd just trade 9mm at the deadline if we're out for a first or decent prospect to a contender.

He's a decent peice.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I'd just trade 9mm at the deadline if we're out for a first or decent prospect to a contender.

He's a decent peice.

I'd be absolutely shocked if Michalek even got us a 2nd round pick back. I'm thinking a third at best with maybe a scrub prospect.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
I'd be absolutely shocked if Michalek even got us a 2nd round pick back. I'm thinking a third at best with maybe a scrub prospect.

All depends what the markets like at trade deadline and if he can turn it on soon.

Benjamin

Differently Financed
Jun 14, 2010
yes
Michalek has zero value right now. He makes 6mil and brings nothing to the team. No one wants him for free.

Defining "decent" is always an adventure isn't it.

I was wondering if Edmonton would look at Anderson and Michalek for Yakupov, Martindale and Klefbom.

Enhances their goaltending and adds a player who could impact their top 6. We get Yakupov who would settle into our top 6, add a good Ottawa-centric prospect in Martindale and another good D prospect.

We'll need to bring up Lawson, but he's had quite a good year in the AHL so far.

That package doesn't get Klefbom.

Last edited:

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
thats really bad for Edmonton, that wont even get you close for Yakupov, especially Anderson has been horrible and even if he was playing like last year you wont get Yakupov alone for that package.

They need a goal tender badly and its been our D that has let him down for the most part this year.

Both Michalek and Yakupov need a change of scenery. I figured the two prospects would even it up. Yak is not really happy out there. Maybe we need to add a Wideman/Gryba type then. Corvo is only here the rest of the year.

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
They need a goal tender badly and its been our D that has let him down for the most part this year.

Both Michalek and Yakupov need a change of scenery. I figured the two prospects would even it up. Yak is not really happy out there. Maybe we need to add a Wideman/Gryba type then. Corvo is only here the rest of the year.

Just stop. Utter nonsense.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa

Is this serious?,..

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
I just went over to the canucks board and it seems like a ton of canucks fans want spezza.

Hypothetically, if the sens did trade spezza to the canucks, what would the sens want in return from them?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004

I wouldn't trade Eckford for Yak & he is a career minor leaguer. I just don`t get why people always want to make Ottawa a softer smaller team in a big man`s game in a tough league. The kid's a hotdog & show boat on a crap team & still got scratched. :shakehead

BTW how do you think PM will treat Yak knowing he cried to his agent about ice time? We haven't seen JOB back in Ottawa since he cried to his agent about ice time. And how will you feel the second he gets the opportunity he will go back to Russia to play, the kid is a flight risk just like Kulikov & every other young Russian. The KHL is starting to pay big bucks for star home grown players to get them to play over there rather than here. Young Russian players are too big a risk & he's certainly not worth it.

GimmeMyJetpack

Classless.
Jun 25, 2012
Ottawa
your opinion.
Pretty much everyone shares his opinion. It's a terrible proposal for Edmonton and there is zero chance it would happen.
I just went over to the canucks board and it seems like a ton of canucks fans want spezza.

Hypothetically, if the sens did trade spezza to the canucks, what would the sens want in return from them?
nothing from Vancouver.

I wouldn't trade Eckford for Yak & he is a career minor leaguer. I just don`t get why people always want to make Ottawa a softer smaller team in a big man`s game in a tough league. The kid's a hotdog & show boat on a crap team & still got scratched. :shakehead

BTW how do you think PM will treat Yak knowing he cried to his agent about ice time? We haven't seen JOB back in Ottawa since he cried to his agent about ice time. And how will you feel the second he gets the opportunity he will go back to Russia to play, the kid is a flight risk just like Kulikov & every other young Russian. The KHL is starting to pay big bucks for star home grown players to get them to play over there rather than here. Young Russian players are too big a risk & he's certainly not worth it.

I think you watch Don Cherry a little too much man.

exv91

Oct 13, 2011

EDM will want a lot more for Yakupov than that. A lot more than we can afford right now, and we don't need a 20 year old premadonna right now.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think you watch Don Cherry a little too much man.
Don Cherry isn't always wrong & knows more about hockey than everybody on here combined but I'm not always a fan of his. I think Yakopov would eventually be a flight risk, just like every other young Russian player especially with the KHL pursuing their young talent to stay home. I think he is a selfish player too with a bad attitude, I think he is too soft & vastly over rated on here. I just don't get the love for these wimpy players on here. Besides we have Mark Stone let's try him in Ottawa for a few games to see where he is at.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
your opinion.

Make that proposal on the main trade board. The EDM guys will have a collective brain aneurysm.

They overvalue their guys, but you are still offering way too little. Like other ppl have said, the Sens package might not even get you Yakupov.

BTW, I don't want any part of Yakupov. This guy will be playing in the KHL pretty soon.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
jesse blacker got peter holland back, so gryba should get the same+, right? right? wtf

HockeySens

Feb 22, 2013

Yes the sens D has been bad but Andy has been brutal as well. And again if sens wants Yakupov it has to start with Cowen+ or Zibanejad+. Id rather not touch Yakupov

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
If we're out at the deadline Michalek will return at least a 2nd. Not many teams are gonna be selling and theres always a market for guys who can skate and play minutes.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
lol, Id like to get a trade similar to Schenn-JVR. Man what a steal

beauchemin(signed as free agent) - lupul, gardiner, pick?

edit: forgot about lebda -> franson

they keep getting players for free. we don't = difference

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad