Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals Thread 2013-2014 | Part VI

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SuperDuper101

May 15, 2013
I was thinking the same proposal but with Smith instead of Grant but I dislike that idea.

Michalek's skating is really picking up the past few weeks. I think it's in Ottawa's best interest to extend him at the right price.

He doesn't look good getting 6M this year and 4.3 or whatever on the cap, but what if he was getting 2.5-3.0M for 2-3 years. Then you have a guy who can play top-9. At times top 6 when needed (injuries) and is a solid player on the 3rd line. Still has offense to give. I feel like his numbers will come up a bit down the stretch. He's honestly playing quite well the past 5-7 games. Looking faster.

Gothenburg 40*

Smith, Michalek and a conditional 2nd rd pick (2015) if Michalek doesn't sign with Preds) for Hornqvist & a 4th.

King Karlsson

Gersei Chongar
Sep 30, 2011
90% of these proposals are garbage. You guys know that the other team has needs as well, right? You can't just give away our crap for valuable players. No wonder scouts admitted to reading HF proposals for a laugh at the bar.

Midas0

Only the best Scouts
Dec 12, 2009
Peterborough, ON
he'll easily get a job in the nhl. florida would definitely pick him up- they pick up all our old players... winny, butler, gilroy...

Gothenburg 40*

90% of these proposals are garbage. You guys know that the other team has needs as well, right? You can't just give away our crap for valuable players. No wonder scouts admitted to reading HF proposals for a laugh at the bar.

Well 90% of all trades are crap. No wonder most fans laugh at their trades for a laugh at the bar, as well. I find that the only true way to determine if the trade isn't "crap" is to see the players play on the new team, otherwise it's just anyone with an opinion bashing it because people do not like change.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Well 90% of all trades are crap. No wonder most fans laugh at their trades for a laugh at the bar, as well. I find that the only true way to determine if the trade isn't "crap" is to see the players play on the new team, otherwise it's just anyone with an opinion bashing it because people do not like change.

Great comeback there kiddo

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
I'd move Karlsson to Edmonton for Hall and Schultz. =3

I'd move Spezza for a bag of puck, a 1st rounder, some heart in the club, and Tyler Ennis.

Yeah right not happening either, stop with your Karlsson hate. He's our best player and only way he moves is if he wants to.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
Yeah right not happening either, stop with your Karlsson hate. He's our best player and only way he moves is if he wants to.
well a Karlsson proposal is indeed refreshing with so many Spezza ones around,\

technically as Karlsson contract does not include any trade clauses, and Spezza's does, it means it's Spezza who moves if he wants to.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
well a Karlsson proposal is indeed refreshing with so many Spezza ones around,

Yeah okay, I understand that, the problem is Cujomi is always getting on Karlsson's back only because he's pissed that people are on his mancrush Spezza. He was in the Karlsson thread saying his +/- is no good and he's bad on defense he can be better blablabla, while he's been our best player and best defensemen and his +/- 75% of the time is not his fault or it's an empty netter. Pretty sure he was on the ice for 2 or 3 so scratch them and he's not so bad considering our team must be like -20

Karlsson even at no where near 100% is still our best player and only 23.

Dat logic to trade him.

I know, just pointing out Cujomi is exagerating again

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
he's pointing out faults not because he wants to trade a player or dislikes him, but doing something very normal, criticizing a player for not meeting realistic expectations. Though trade proposals are going too far, it's clear at least why he does it.

Rodzilla

Aug 31, 2010
Canada
he's pointing out faults not because he wants to trade a player or dislikes him, but doing something very normal, criticizing a player for not meeting realistic expectations. Though trade proposals are going too far, it's clear at least why he does it.

Disagree, also you really think Murray would move Karlsson? come on

Plus this trade proposal is awful, we don't need offense we need defense so yeah let's trade our best one, Norris trophy winner the last full season, for a far worse who's bigger and softer, slower, and less smart on the ice just so we can add a top6 elite winger.

Why does either team do it ?

Also not meeting realistic expectations? what were your expectations for Karlsson? guy can't do it all himself, he's at 30pts in 34 games -6 while playing 27mins a night, our team is -15. This is all while trying to get comfortable with his ankle.

HavlatMach9

streamable 3rah1
Mar 17, 2011
Ottawa
what do you disagree with? well I'm not gonna actually look at a Karlsson proposal unless I see Crosby, or maybe Malkin/Stamkos. But what you said applies to Spezza in effect as well.

Super Cake

Jun 24, 2013
well a Karlsson proposal is indeed refreshing with so many Spezza ones around,\

technically as Karlsson contract does not include any trade clauses, and Spezza's does, it means it's Spezza who moves if he wants to.

Capgeek says that karlsson will have a limited ntc in the 2017-2018 season and the 2018-2019 season.

bacon25

Unenthusiastic User
Nov 29, 2010
Group Study Room F

Well then get off your high horse and show us a decent proposal. It's an internet forum, 90% of anything written on them is ********! :shakehead

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Defining "decent" is always an adventure isn't it.

I was wondering if Edmonton would look at Anderson and Michalek for Yakupov, Martindale and Klefbom.

Enhances their goaltending and adds a player who could impact their top 6. We get Yakupov who would settle into our top 6, add a good Ottawa-centric prospect in Martindale and another good D prospect.

We'll need to bring up Lawson, but he's had quite a good year in the AHL so far.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad