Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BK201

Apr 11, 2011
Are they relatively well plugged in? I don't really watch them much at all.

Yes and He said conditional first if Karlsson resigns...

Esit: i might be thinking of the tsn1200 interview with Dregger iirc. May have been someone else. I was driving.

BUCKLE UP

MVPTP
Nov 30, 2009
Ottawa
Kypreos on Tim and Sid said that he thinks Dallas is still the front runner. Their offer isn't great. There'd be conditional elements that further compensate Ottawa if Karl eventually extends there.

So nothing new. EK not doing a sign and trade seems to be limiting the marker, and if we want to get this done today or tomorrow, the return is not going to be good (relatively speaking).

We've heard it's six pieces. We know Shore and Honka's names have been attached to rumours previously. My guess would be Shore, Honka, 2019 1st, 2020 2nd, and two prospects (Oettinger, Dellandrea?).

2nd becomes a 1st if Karl re-signs.

I will burn my jersey if Honka and Shore are the main pieces. Disgusting... yet expected.

Reactions: DrunkUncleDenis

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
It's too bad Edmonton is on Karlsson's no trade list. He would be an amazing addition to them and would propel them to greatness, plus I think they would be an amazing partner.

Nurse, Klefbom, Puljuarvi, Bouchard, Yamamoto, Bear, McLeod, supposed willingness to deal their 1st... they could put together a really nice package.

Reactions: Clayonator

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Are they relatively well plugged in? I don't really watch them much at all.

It was Kypreos on their show. They themselves aren't known for rumours.

Thinking back to the TDL, Kypreos got a lot of shit on these boards for not being a reliable insider, but he was right on a ton of Karl stuff and first on it too.

Nothing he said was new. More of a confirmation that if true, Dallas is still the front runner, and it's going to still be a sub par package.

The Shore+Honka+6 pieces stuff wasn't mentioned, that is from previous rumours

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008
It was Kypreos on their show. They themselves aren't known for rumours.

Thinking back to the TDL, Kypreos got a lot of **** on these boards for not being a reliable insider, but he was right on a ton of Karl stuff and first on it too.

Nothing he said was new. More of a confirmation that if true, Dallas is still the front runner, and it's going to still be a sub par package.

The Shore+Honka+6 pieces stuff wasn't mentioned, that is from previous rumours

My bad, I should probably be reading the first word of every sentence but clearly I lapsed there lol.

Kypreos definitely holds more weight, although I do think these guys are making educated guesses more than anything. We've seen teams come out of nowhere to complete a trade for a sought-after player many times, which is of no fault of the insiders.

The one thing I believe in wholeheartedly is the "sub-par package" part. He should have been dealt at the deadline. I blame Filip Forsberg.

That package was my guess, not a rumour.

Understood, but at this point guessing is all we can do. They will give us something real to talk about soon, unfortunately.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
There is absolutely no way EK goes to Dallas and we don't get Heiskanen.

Absolutely no way.

Honka? Shore?

Patches returned Suzuki, 2nd and Tatar. That's almost the same deal.

If the argument is that he is going without extension then keep EK and make that similar move at deadline.

no brainer. Masking and sheltered Chabot for another 62ish games and allowing him to play on PP and EV with EK is more valuable than bringing in a young top 4 early and throwing them both in the fire.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

-the belief around the Senators organization is that management prefers to get a deal done by the official start of training camp on Thursday.

-TFP has learned at least one team recently upped their offer for Karlsson.

-The Stars (...) are not interested in trading Miro Heiskanen (...) TFP has learned the two teams remain in talks and continue discussions that do not include Heiskanen.

-Vegas’ recent acquisition of Max Pacioretty likely takes them out of the equation for Bobby Ryan.

-The Knights had discussed a deal for Karlsson and Ryan prior to the NHL Draft and sources have told TFP the team believed they had a deal in place, but the Senators backed out

-Karlsson may not sign an extension with the team that acquires him right off the bat, which has complicated trade negotiations. If that’s the case, any trade may include conditional draft picks should Karlsson re-sign.

(Karlsson trade talks heat up, again)

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
It doesn't, we are up **** creek without a paddle, and we are being spoon fed lies and anything that will make people think we are doing something productive.

I think you nailed it. Picking Tkachuk (instead of deferring the pick) and trading Hoff for Bodker was to convince season ticket holders that we'd be competitive next year and to renew tickets. I don't think the "plan" went any further than that.

Reactions: Sensung

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

-the belief around the Senators organization is that management prefers to get a deal done by the official start of training camp on Thursday.

-TFP has learned at least one team recently upped their offer for Karlsson.

-The Stars (...) are not interested in trading Miro Heiskanen (...) TFP has learned the two teams remain in talks and continue discussions that do not include Heiskanen.

-Vegas’ recent acquisition of Max Pacioretty likely takes them out of the equation for Bobby Ryan.

-The Knights had discussed a deal for Karlsson and Ryan prior to the NHL Draft and sources have told TFP the team believed they had a deal in place, but the Senators backed out

-Karlsson may not sign an extension with the team that acquires him right off the bat, which has complicated trade negotiations. If that’s the case, any trade may include conditional draft picks should Karlsson re-sign.

(Karlsson trade talks heat up, again)

Pierre Lebrun thinks that Vegas is not necessarily out on Karlsson

“At first I’m wondering does that close the door on an Erik Karksson trade to Las Vegas,” began LeBrun. “But what I’m being told is don’t be too quick to say that. And I think Vegas will certainly keep the lines of communication open with Ottawa. They’ve been after we know since the trade deadline, when they almost got him.
“But I think if the price is right, that Vegas is still in a position where they have cap space, where they have other prospects, where they have other assets that could entice the Ottawa Senators. I don’t know if I’d make them a front-runner because there’s a lot of teams in those conversations with the Ottawa Senators, including a couple of new teams, I’m told that came on the radar last week. But nevertheless, I wouldn’t totally close the door on Vegas.”

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Who do you think scores more goals this year? I'll take Chiasson. We should revisit this in 82 games. Is there a way to tag this post?
Bobby Ryan is better at hockey than Alex chiasson. If you’re talking relative price. Then whatever. But Ryan did put up an all star performance in a Eastern conference final appearance. Now I know some say well small sample size. But it was the playoffs. Chiasson is never doing that.

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
Next season would be so much more bearable if we had a 1st rounder to look forward to.

This is why I have been thinking about an outlandish deal; would you deal Karlsson to COL for our first? For the purpose of debate, I am asking if you would do it straight one-for-one. I would imagine something could be added from COL whether, their first or Makar or Timmins or Bowers, but if it was only a shot at Jack Hughes would you?

The lottery ticket for Jack Hughes might actually be the best asset out there for the Senators, plus eliminating the potential embarrassment of watching the Avalanche add to their riches on the backs of the Sens brutal season.

Please don't reply with how this effectively makes the Turris deal Karlsson, Turris, etc. for ....I get it! That move was shortsighted at the time and this idea is a weak return for the best defenceman in the game, but is it better than a quantity package from Dallas or Vegas? I'm not sure. I just keep thinking how the Sens can get that pick back.

Again, I realize the craziness of this.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
If we keep duchene and Stone and only deal Karlsson I wouldn’t be gunning for our pick. There is an outside chance that with the return EK brings plus a couple kids performing that we are respectable. Don’t diminish the return in hindsight by again not evaluating your team properly

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
It sounds like full rebuild though. I get what you're saying if we keep Stone and Duchene, but we had them last year and were #29. Take Karlsson out of the equation...

I don't want to lose either of those three, but it seems that is the way of it. Pick up our pick, get Hughes and still have a chance at Lafreniere the next draft.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
It sounds like the situation is fluid and a lot can change with one phone call, while a lot of insiders won't know shit until it's confirmed by the 2 trading teams that it's a done deal.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Next season would be so much more bearable if we had a 1st rounder to look forward to.
tenor.gif

But ya. Having our first rounder would completely change the tone of the entire forum.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Pretty sure Yzerman leaving Tampa is the death knell for us. I would imagine ownership in TBay being “insistent” on bringing in EK - leading Steve to resign.

So we’re pretty much going to take ALL of Tampa’s farm system - and Alex Killorn. Cool.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad