Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
They want to "compete for the cup every year" which everybody knows is impossible. Re-tools can be envigorating for a fan base in order to build hooe for the future and transition from a previous core, there's nothing wrong with that.

They don't want a good team, they just want people to pay for a crap product.

SensFanInBoston

Sep 16, 2009
Boston, MA
If they are going to blow it up, even though I would hate it sooo much, I think trading Stone to Dallas for their potential stud d-man in Heiskanen makes sense. Build from the back-end out. If he and Chabot live up to expectations then that would be solid in the future. Plus it gives ownership much lower team cost and a managed asset for the next 5 years. Only way I see this happening is if Stone would commit to Stars though.

50 in 07

Feb 10, 2016
If they are going to blow it up, even though I would hate it sooo much, I think trading Stone to Dallas for their potential stud d-man in Heiskanen makes sense. Build from the back-end out. If he and Chabot live up to expectations then that would be solid in the future. Plus it gives ownership much lower team cost and a managed asset for the next 5 years. Only way I see this happening is if Stone would commit to Stars though.
If Heiskanen wasn't on the table for Karlsson then he isn't on the table for Stone, regardless if Stone agrees to extend beforehand or not

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I can see one of Stone/Duchene heading to Calgary at some point for Sam Bennett and a 1st. Undecided as to whether or not I find that good value given all that’s happened, I just find that a realistic scenerio.

EDIT: Rasmus Andersson and a conditional 2nd/3rd is more realistic knowing these jokers.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Other GM’s know Dorion is a weak bumbling fool handicapped by ownership, they will be out for blood when it comes to Stone and Duchene.
One thing that might work to our benefit is that Duchene and Stone will probably be the two best players available at the deadline, so there will be loads of competition for them.

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
I just don't know that the NHL is a league anymore where teams trade top draft picks and top prospects for star players. As crazy as that sounds, the last bunch of "mega"-trades in the NHL have not really included top prospects.

Johansen for Jones, Seguin+ for Eriksson+, Hamilton+ for Lindholm and Hanifin+, Galchenyuk for Domi, and the list goes on. When TBL got McDonagh and Miller they gave up Libor Hajek and spare parts and were already on their way to a guaranteed playoff spot with no concerns of a high first round draft pick.

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne
One thing that might work to our benefit is that Duchene and Stone will probably be the two best players available at the deadline, so there will be loads of competition for them.

Karlsson is a top 5 player in the league and we got sweet fa. I don't expect us to get much for either of those guys based on our track record. Zero confidence in ownership and management.

Reactions: BigCanadian

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I just don't know that the NHL is a league anymore where teams trade top draft picks and top prospects for star players. As crazy as that sounds, the last bunch of "mega"-trades in the NHL have not really included top prospects.

Johansen for Jones, Seguin+ for Eriksson+, Hamilton+ for Lindholm and Hanifin+, Galchenyuk for Domi, and the list goes on. When TBL got McDonagh and Miller they gave up Libor Hajek and spare parts and were already on their way to a guaranteed playoff spot with no concerns of a high first round draft pick.
Howden was the main prospect the Lightning gave up, not Hajek.

We gave up a better prospect for Burrows than we received for Karlsson. Let that sink in.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
Howden was the main prospect the Lightning gave up, not Hajek.

We gave up a better prospect for Burrows than we received for Karlsson. Let that sink in.

I don't know that that is fair. Norris was 19th overall and reports on him are generally positive.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
I don't know that that is fair. Norris was 19th overall and reports on him are generally positive.
And Dahlen was 42nd and has exceeded expectations every single year.

Norris definitely didn't exceed expectations last year, he had an average year, at best.

He has draft position on him, that's about it. Norris can still take a big step this year, here's hoping he does.

I'd take Bowers over Norris as well, even though Norris went higher.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Agreed, if the plan is to unload Stone and Duchene, they may as well do it now. The only problem is that they would need to find a way to reach the cap floor. Good thing the Sens still have Anderson and Ryan.

I’d send Stone to Vegas for Theodore and Clarkson’s contract. Part of what we should have gotten for Karlsson anyway.

Reactions: Daffy

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
And Dahlen was 42nd and has exceeded expectations every single year.

Norris definitely didn't exceed expectations last year, he had an average year, at best.

He has draft position on him, that's about it. Norris can still take a big step this year, here's hoping he does.

I'd take Bowers over Norris as well, even though Norris went higher.
I wonder what Melnyk's cap was for returning $.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Agreed, if the plan is to unload Stone and Duchene, they may as well do it now. The only problem is that they would need to find a way to reach the cap floor. Good thing the Sens still have Anderson and Ryan.

Funnily enough, we could still hit the cap floor with Duchene and Stone traded even if no money comes back. This is because despite Gaborik and Mac's contracts being insured, their full cap hit stays on the books.

Just by some rough calculations, we'd be at about 59M after trading both away. We'd be spending much less than that in real money though.

Reactions: bacon25

Daffy

Jun 10, 2010
I hope we trade Duchene and Stone now. We should be able to get a 1st + for both. If we wait until the deadline, we know that the first we get back will be mid to late. If we do it now there is a chance that team falters, misses the playoffs and we get a chance at the lottery.

Reactions: danielpalfredsson

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
I hope we trade Duchene and Stone now. We should be able to get a 1st + for both. If we wait until the deadline, we know that the first we get back will be mid to late. If we do it now there is a chance that team falters, misses the playoffs and we get a chance at the lottery.

We need our own pick for that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad