Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Pretty sure Yzerman leaving Tampa is the death knell for us. I would imagine ownership in TBay being “insistent” on bringing in EK - leading Steve to resign.

So we’re pretty much going to take ALL of Tampa’s farm system - and Alex Killorn. Cool.
Hope you are right, but don't see the two as related at all.

If EK has to go, I want him in TB blocking the Leafs.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Pretty sure Yzerman leaving Tampa is the death knell for us. I would imagine ownership in TBay being “insistent” on bringing in EK - leading Steve to resign.

So we’re pretty much going to take ALL of Tampa’s farm system - and Alex Killorn. Cool.

What.the.f***.are.you.talking.about?

Last edited:
Reactions: solidprospect

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

It just means Yzerman is getting ready to move back to Detroit.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
This is why I have been thinking about an outlandish deal; would you deal Karlsson to COL for our first? For the purpose of debate, I am asking if you would do it straight one-for-one. I would imagine something could be added from COL whether, their first or Makar or Timmins or Bowers, but if it was only a shot at Jack Hughes would you?

The lottery ticket for Jack Hughes might actually be the best asset out there for the Senators, plus eliminating the potential embarrassment of watching the Avalanche add to their riches on the backs of the Sens brutal season.

Please don't reply with how this effectively makes the Turris deal Karlsson, Turris, etc. for ....I get it! That move was shortsighted at the time and this idea is a weak return for the best defenceman in the game, but is it better than a quantity package from Dallas or Vegas? I'm not sure. I just keep thinking how the Sens can get that pick back.

Again, I realize the craziness of this.

No. Getting the first round pick back would be nice, but Karlsson is worth a lot more than that. At best, it's a 20% chance at Hughes. Hell, the way things are going, Hughes could pull a Lindros on the Sens if we draft him. Seem the Hughes clan does like to be that hands-on with their boys.

Do Make Say Think

& Yet & Yet
Jun 26, 2007
What.the.****.are.you.talking.about?

Some people think Yzerman leaving could be in part influenced by ownership wanting him to get Karlsson and him being hesitant. So he leaves because ownership wants him to do something he doesn't want to do.

It's very far-fetched.

Reactions: topshelf15

Slippy

Dec 8, 2005
highlytouted.ca
No. Getting the first round pick back would be nice, but Karlsson is worth a lot more than that. At best, it's a 20% chance at Hughes. Hell, the way things are going, Hughes could pull a Lindros on the Sens if we draft him. Seem the Hughes clan does like to be that hands-on with their boys.

And how did that work out for the Nordiques/Avalanche franchise?

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Some people think Yzerman leaving could be in part influenced by ownership wanting him to get Karlsson and him being hesitant. So he leaves because ownership wants him to do something he doesn't want to do.

It's very far-fetched.

I highly doubt it. I think Yzerman went through the summer and did his job and now that most of what needs to be done throughout the summer has been completed he can let Brisebois take over when it's probably the least busy time of the year for GMs.

The only way I could see a relation with Yzerman is if a deal for Karlsson has been reached with another team and they're only waiting to make the call in which case Yzerman can now move on and give the job to Brisebois.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
My only hope with Yzerman stepping down was a result of a difference of opinions from ownership and he felt best to remove himself from an up coming trade.
I am hoping that ownership wanted to bring in Karlsson and in order to do that Ottawa wanted Point. Yzerman is big on Point and didnt want to make that deal.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
My only hope with Yzerman stepping down was a result of a difference of opinions from ownership and he felt best to remove himself from an up coming trade.
I am hoping that ownership wanted to bring in Karlsson and in order to do that Ottawa wanted Point. Yzerman is big on Point and didnt want to make that deal.
I think its a real long shot hope. Not that Brisebois won't want to make a splash but ... this is about Yzerman wanting to spend time with his family.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
Now that we know that the plan is to do a full rebuild and to completely change the whole roster let's speculate on what some of the trade value is on our assets. I assume the plan will be to build around Stone, Duchene and Chabot (assuming that they can extend them). I could also see them keeping Ceci and Borowiecki and possibly one or both of Dzingel and Pageau. What are the following realistically worth or what should we expect in return?

Ryan Dzingel
Bobby Ryan
Mikkel Boedker
Chris Tierney
Dylan Demelo
Zack Smith
JG Pageau
Tom Pyatt
Magnus Pajaarvi
Craig Anderson
Mike Condon
Chris Wideman
Marion Gaborik

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Now that we know that the plan is to do a full rebuild and to completely change the whole roster let's speculate on what some of the trade value is on our assets. I assume the plan will be to build around Stone, Duchene and Chabot (assuming that they can extend them). I could also see them keeping Ceci and Borowiecki and possibly one or both of Dzingel and Pageau. What are the following realistically worth or what should we expect in return?

Ryan Dzingel
Bobby Ryan
Mikkel Boedker
Chris Tierney
Dylan Demelo
Zack Smith
JG Pageau
Tom Pyatt
Magnus Pajaarvi
Craig Anderson
Mike Condon
Chris Wideman
Marion Gaborik

They are worth a lot if we were trading them to Pierre Dorion.

As it is, 2nd rounder for Dzingel and spare parts for the rest.

If Pageau is out for 6 months he's untradeable.

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013

Ryan Dzingel
Bobby Ryan
Mikkel Boedker
Chris Tierney
Dylan Demelo
Zack Smith
JG Pageau
Tom Pyatt
Magnus Pajaarvi
Craig Anderson
Mike Condon
Chris Wideman
Marion Gaborik
Stone and Duchene aren't staying.

Reactions: milehigh11

West Coast Eagles

Sep 24, 2008
Bne

2nd - Ryan Dzingel
Basically Nothing - Bobby Ryan
4th - Mikkel Boedker
3rd - Chris Tierney
Nothing - Dylan Demelo
4th - Zack Smith
3rd - JG Pageau
6th -Tom Pyatt
6th - Magnus Pajaarvi
Basically Nothing - Craig Anderson
Basically Nothing - Mike Condon
Basically Nothing - Chris Wideman
Basically Nothing -Marion Gaborik
That's what I expect

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Other than the fact our GM has no idea how to make a hockey trade, why are we keeping Stone and Duchene? Why? This rebuild is 5 years in the making. By the time we are ready to maybe compete both those guys will be 30 +!

Just get rid of everyone.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Blow it up. All of it. Stone and Duchene out the door. Just get it over with. Not holding out any hope for anything after seeing that abomination of a return. Literally the worst trade in Ottawa Senators history, and one of the worst in NHL history to boot. I’m absolutely gutted, and I’m typically optimistic in seeing the potential upside of things. That just went out the door. The accumulation of losing Chara, Fisher, Alfie, Spezza for nothing or garbage at best, stung. But I pocketed it. Karlsson now? He’s the best player in franchise history alfie included. He’s 28. Many great years ahead of him. I was already at peace with the fact he was gonna go, but that return is so utterly horrific that I would have rathered keeping him for the upcoming season and praying for a miracle that he’d re sign before July 1, even if the expected happened and he moved on, likely to Tampa bay, which he probably will anyway next year. I would have much rathered that to this...this nightmare.

GrantLemons

Church of FYOUS
Feb 3, 2013
Ottawa, ON
I wont be able to handle losing Stone if it happens

Nothing will sting more than EK, for me anyway. He was the one thing that we had that no one else had. We lost the key piece of a retool, and a guy that could help usher in the next wave of Ottawa Senators. He was the heart, soul, and identity of this team.

Everyone else could walk out the door tomorrow, and I don't think I'd give a shit. Until the dark cloud that is this management group gets removed, nothing good will ever happen to this team. They are so out of touch with reality, they will always find a way to f*** things up.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Nothing will sting more than EK, for me anyway. He was the one thing that we had that no one else had. We lost the key piece of a retool, and a guy that could help usher in the next wave of Ottawa Senators. He was the heart, soul, and identity of this team.

Everyone else could walk out the door tomorrow, and I don't think I'd give a ****. Until the dark cloud that is this management group gets removed, nothing good will ever happen to this team. They are so out of touch with reality, they will always find a way to **** things up.

tcytpzo7vjlc.gif

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Well, we are in the 5+ year range, 3 at best, until we become a relevant team again.

And that's not taking into account we have a tithead in charge of it as GM.

branch

#GirlBoss #Vibes
Jan 12, 2008
Blow it up. All of it. Stone and Duchene out the door. Just get it over with. Not holding out any hope for anything after seeing that abomination of a return. Literally the worst trade in Ottawa Senators history, and one of the worst in NHL history to boot. I’m absolutely gutted, and I’m typically optimistic in seeing the potential upside of things. That just went out the door. The accumulation of losing Chara, Fisher, Alfie, Spezza for nothing or garbage at best, stung. But I pocketed it. Karlsson now? He’s the best player in franchise history alfie included. He’s 28. Many great years ahead of him. I was already at peace with the fact he was gonna go, but that return is so utterly horrific that I would have rathered keeping him for the upcoming season and praying for a miracle that he’d re sign before July 1, even if the expected happened and he moved on, likely to Tampa bay, which he probably will anyway next year. I would have much rathered that to this...this nightmare.

I'm for it.

But after seeing the return we got ("6 Assets") for the best player we've ever seen, I am scared shitless.

Reactions: BigCanadian

Wallet Inspector

Jan 19, 2013
Well, we are in the 5+ year range, 3 at best, until we become a relevant team again.

And that's not taking into account we have a tithead in charge of it as GM.
I'm thinking it'll take at least 5, especially since this year is a wash draft-wise.

Young Forwards
Tkachuk
Brown
White
Norris
Formenton
Batherson
Chlapik

Young D
Chabot
Wolanin
Jaros
Docker
Tychonick

That's what we got to work with for now, and that's a lot of "maybes". At least the 2020 draft might be good for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad