Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
No its resubmitted each year from what I understand... the teams can change on it,., and the NTC can be waived for instances where they are willing to take a deal to a team on the NTC list.
I was aware it could be waived but I didn't know it was resubmitted each year of the contract. I also thought it was the player's camp who decided on the no trade locations, and not the team.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
I was aware it could be waived but I didn't know it was resubmitted each year of the contract. I also thought it was the player's camp who decided on the no trade locations, and not the team.
It is .. but I think when players have NTC lists .. they are asked for those lists or they can submit those lists every year. If a team does not intend to trade a player ... they may never ask for a list.. if they do want to entertain the concept of trading the player they will ask for an updated NTC list.

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
It is .. but I think when players have NTC lists .. they are asked for those lists or they can submit those lists every year. If a team does not intend to trade a player ... they may never ask for a list.. if they do want to entertain the concept of trading the player they will ask for an updated NTC list.
Yes... I recall when they did that last winter.

But I'm still curious on how it can chance throughout the contact.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Yes... I recall when they did that last winter.

But I'm still curious on how it can chance throughout the contact.

Are you a visual person?
Contract ------------------------------------------------------
Years---------------^--------------^----------------^--------------^---------
NTC list -------^-------------^-----------------^----------------^-----------

The No-Trade Clause:
A No-Trade Clause is much less restrictive. It only places restrictions on movement by trade. A player with a No-Trade Clause cannot be traded by a team unless the player provides consent. A limited (partial or modified) No-Trade Clause is often less restrictive than a full No-Trade Clause and depends on the conditions negotiated in the player’s contracts. Often with these No-Trade Clauses, the player is asked to provide a list of teams to which he would be willing to be traded or NOT traded to. This list can change or fluctuate from season to season.
The Difference Between No-Trade And No-Movement Clauses And The NHL Players That Have Them - Winnipeg Hockey Talk

Want more? NHL CBA FAQ - CapFriendly - NHL Salary Caps
What is a Limited, or Modified No-Trade Clause (M-NTC)?

A limited, or modified no-trade clause (M-NTC) is less restrictive than a full no-trade clause (NTC), and can be added to a player's contract in the years after they are eligible for Group 3 Unrestricted Free Agency (7 Accrued seasons or 27 years of age), and has the following properties:
  • The player's contract includes specific terms in respect to being traded without their consent where the player must:
    • In a specified timeframe or window:
      • Specify a pre-determined number of teams the player would be willing to be traded to, or:
      • Specify a pre-determined number of teams the player would not be willing to be traded to
  • Consent is not required to be placed on waivers
  • Consent is not required for assignment to the minors
  • Player is not exempt from a buyout or contract termination
  • The clause can travel with the player even if he consents to being traded or is claimed on waivers
    • This requires that the acquiring team sign an addendum to the contract ensuring that the clause does in fact travel with the player (written by the player's agent)
    • If the acquiring team refuses to sign the addendum, and the player waives his clause anyway, at that point the clause may be nullified
  • If the player is traded before the clause takes effect, the acquiring team can opt to void the clause
Example: Modified No-Trade Clause: Within 48 hours of request, the player must submit a list of 18 teams they are willing to be traded to without consent. If the list is not received within 48 hours, the player can be traded to any team without consent.

Last edited:
Reactions: HavlatMach9

Ray Kinsella

Feb 13, 2018
Are you a visual person?
Contract ------------------------------------------------------
Years---------------^--------------^----------------^--------------^---------
NTC list -------^-------------^-----------------^----------------^-----------

The Difference Between No-Trade And No-Movement Clauses And The NHL Players That Have Them - Winnipeg Hockey Talk
That's the only part I didn't know, that it can change from season to season.

Thanks for the info! :)

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Well I’d expect Melnyk to pursue insured contracts with a possible lockout and rebuild looming. Players like Hossa, Zettetberg, Franzen, Clarkson will be sought after.

So my guess would be Hossa for Ryan // Zetterberg, Franzen, 1st + for a Stone and Smith // Clarkson, 2nd, 3rd for Duchene.

A stunt like this could save El Cheapo like 100 million over the course of time.

I’m expecting some pretty drastic stuff. 16 new faces in two seasons was not misspoke imo, leaving White, Chanot, Boro, a goalie, Tom Pyatt (lol)

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I think if we do trade Stone and Duchene for picks and prospects, we should try to get a 2020 1st for each of them. It's likely a lockout year, meaning the whole Crosby lottery situation again.

We'll have SJ's pick, plus ours, plus the 2 from Stone and Duchene trades. That's 4/32 1sts that year, and basically a 1 in 8 chance at Lafreniere (depends on how the lottery balls work). But knowing our luck we'd probably get 4 picks after 25.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think if we do trade Stone and Duchene for picks and prospects, we should try to get a 2020 1st for each of them. It's likely a lockout year, meaning the whole Crosby lottery situation again.

We'll have SJ's pick, plus ours, plus the 2 from Stone and Duchene trades. That's 4/32 1sts that year, and basically a 1 in 8 chance at Lafreniere. But knowing our luck we'd probably get 4 picks after 25.
Now that's a bold strategy I can get behind. Though, was the Crosby draft all equal odds or was it weighted based on the previous standings? I legitimately don't know. Would be sweet if we got the best odds at #1 for our pick without any hockey played.

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
Now that's a bold strategy I can get behind. Though, was the Crosby draft all equal odds or was it weighted based on the previous standings? I legitimately don't know. Would be sweet if we got the best odds at #1 for our pick without any hockey played.

I believe it was weighted a bit. But still is a decent strategy if we are trading Stone/Duchene.

Reactions: Sens

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I believe it was weighted a bit. But still is a decent strategy if we are trading Stone/Duchene.
I think a mix of 2019 and 2020 would be good too. If we can get a 2019 first, we can target a top 10 pick by trading up. The cupboards are overflowing, we should deal depth for the high end assets we lack. If we got the 30th or 31st pick in the draft, I'd legitimately consider giving a team almost all our picks that year for a top 10 pick in 2019. That top 10 is shaping up to be amazing and full of legit #1Cs.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79

TheBradyBunch

Dec 17, 2008

Every team started with 3 balls. Then, one ball was removed for every time in the past three seasons that they had a) made the playoffs and b) picked 1st overall. The minimum # of balls a team could have was 1, the maximum # was 3.

Interesting side note, the Penguins (who won the lottery, obviously) were one of a few teams with three balls in the lottery. They had finished last the season before, but the Capitals won the draft lottery and picked 1st. The Capitals picked Ovechkin and Penguins picked Malkin 2nd. The year after the lockout, as a result of the lottery, Pittsburgh got Crosby 1st and Washington picked Sasha Pokulok 14th.

Side note to the side note: Although Pittsburgh had selected Fleury 1st overall two years earlier, they traded for that pick and so they did not lose a ball.

Multigrain

Sep 9, 2018
Dallas is looking hard at trading for either Stone or Duchene, They really need a right wing and so much of how Spezza plays will depend how fast that happens.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Dallas is looking hard at trading for either Stone or Duchene, They really need a right wing and so much of how Spezza plays will depend how fast that happens.
Well i'm sure they're available for bread crumbs, so when you guys are ready just bring an underwhelming offer our way and our GM will surely accept. That said, Melnyk may nix it and demand we hold out for what ends up being even worse, so be careful not to offer too much.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Is there any reason to expect a better deal for Stone and Duchene than Karlsson and Hoffman?

We’re only half way there boys.

With Duchene, I'd look at the O'Reilly or Turris return as templates. That's if Duchene signs an extension to facilitate a trade. O'Reilly went for a prospect who is probably similarly ranked to Logan Brown, so a solid B+ type. A 1st, and a 2nd. I think Berglund and Sobotka are just noise in the trade, but I guess you can argue maybe we should expect a middle 6 or low end 2nd line NHLer back.

I don't think O'Reilly went for enough, but that's just the way it seems to be right now. Other than what we did with the original Duchene trade, players just aren't selling for a whole lot.

If Duchene will sign an extension in a trade, Carolina seems like they'd be a good trade partner. They are really deep with young defenders, which is something we badly need. With the addition of Svechnikov up front, they could be on their way to the playoffs. So going by the O'Reilly template, something like Haydn Fleury, a playoff 1st round pick, a 2nd, and an NHL player with a generous enough salary to offset some of Duchene's added cost, maybe Victor Rask. Another tweener middle 6 center is the last thing we need, but that's what I'd expect since Carolina is also a budget team.

If Duchene won't sign an extension, I think we're getting a return similar to what we got for two years of Brassard. A 1st, a B or B+ prospect, and a third piece of minimal value. Maybe we get an additional conditional pick based on the team Duchene is going to winning the cup, or re-signing him.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
We need a 2019 1st
and diminish the return if you have to but try and get a top 10 1st if possible wether by adding something or getting less in return

My opinion only of course but if you deal Duchene you're tearing apart everything so might as well recoup for Ek non-sensical return

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
We need a 2019 1st
and diminish the return if you have to but try and get a top 10 1st if possible wether by adding something or getting less in return

My opinion only of course but if you deal Duchene you're tearing apart everything so might as well recoup for Ek non-sensical return

Why do we specifically need a 2019 1st? I guess there's value in that a comparable prospect chosen this year will theoretically be ready before a prospect chosen next year. But I don't think we specifically need a 2019 1st just because we don't have one.

With that said, while I've deluded myself into being more bullish on this season for my own sanity, quite a few analysts in the hockey world has us as a bottom 5 team, so if that holds true we're probably getting a 1st round talent with our 2nd round pick.

As far as trying to get a top 10 pick, that'll only happen if Duchene will extend with the team he is traded to, or we trade him to a playoff team early in the season who proceeds to flop. (Sound familiar?) I don't see us getting a top 10 pick straight up for Duchene otherwise.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Why do we specifically need a 2019 1st? I guess there's value in that a comparable prospect chosen this year will theoretically be ready before a prospect chosen next year. But I don't think we specifically need a 2019 1st just because we don't have one.

With that said, while I've deluded myself into being more bullish on this season for my own sanity, quite a few analysts in the hockey world has us as a bottom 5 team, so if that holds true we're probably getting a 1st round talent with our 2nd round pick.

As far as trying to get a top 10 pick, that'll only happen if Duchene will extend with the team he is traded to, or we trade him to a playoff team early in the season who proceeds to flop. (Sound familiar?) I don't see us getting a top 10 pick straight up for Duchene otherwise.
I hear you
Im just looking at that TSN prospect list and Im dreaming but you are probably right we would have to add something to Duchene to get a 1st (sound familiar?)

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015

Duchene could be a nice fit behind Seguin for Dallas.

Faksa + Tufte +1st rounder if he resigns?

Ser Grogu

Dank farrik
Aug 6, 2009

Per Twitter translate: "What I was told was that Mark Stone no longer wants to be in Ottawa. He doesn't want to play in Ottawa anymore. @LouisJean_TVA #Sens"

Welp.

Meanwhile PD is like:

6rc86V8.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad