Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
His arbitration ask was 9M for a 1 year deal.

Seguin just signed for under 10M and is a more valuable player given he plays a more valued position and has a higher historical production.

I'd imagine if Stone wants to stay the ask would be between 8-9 million.

Matching 8*8 contracts for Stone and Duchene would be appropriate considering the comparable contracts out there.

If Mark is friendly he asks for 8x8, but if they points to the roster and he/his agent say "this is your best player, there's no double digit contract for Karlsson here restricting the budget, pay him what he wants (8.5/8.75/9) or he's walking", then what does Dorion do?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
The only way Stone stays under this owner is if they massively overpay (including NMC and lockout proof bonus money)

1) What are the odds Eugene ponies up that kind of cash?

2) If you are going to overpay, you should do so for a superstar like EK, not for a star like Stone.

Stone's game is the type to stay effective for a long long time and ability to be top 5 player in his position. EK is generational, Stone is a superstar though, especially because of his impact on others, gotta keep him at all costs.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
Stone's game is the type to stay effective for a long long time and ability to be top 5 player in his position. EK is generational, Stone is a superstar though, especially because of his impact on others, gotta keep him at all costs.
Mark Stone is not a superstar. Not even close.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Until Stone gets more league-wide recognition, I can't call him a superstar. He's probably the most underrated player in the league. Even in all the Sens FA talk lately on Sportscentre/Sportsnet, it's all about Matt Duchene and if he's going to stay, but not much about Stone.

SAK11

Oct 4, 2011
He's an annual contender for the Selke, anyone who's in conversation for an award year in and year out is a superstar, imo.

Stone produces like a star but his other elements in his game make him more than that.

What do you consider star production? Last year was his first time at better than a point per game, but he still failed to reach even 70 points because he was injured.

And it's not like he's really been a true contender for the Selke year after year; he has 1 top 10 finish.

Stone's a great player but he needs to stay healthy and produce consistently before getting the superstar label.

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
Lmaooooo how is Boeser and Arvidsson there above Stone? He's better than Forsberg and Rakell too or at worst on same level but he's more proven and more multidimensional

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Lmaooooo how is Boeser and Arvidsson there above Stone? He's better than Forsberg and Rakell too or at worst on same level but he's more proven and more multidimensional

Boeser scored more goals in a season than Stone has in just his rookie season and will be a 30-goal guy just about every season he's healthy. Arvidsson, Forsberg, and Rakell are all comparable and all are more "attractive" offensive players than Mark. As I said, he's underrated. Still not really a superstar as great as he is.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah Stone is a top 10 player at his position. He'll command 8-9M as a UFA with a NMC and at least 50% of his salary in bonuses. Anything less would be below market value.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Agreed for Boeser and Arvy but Forsberg and Rakell are world-class and have a better playoff resume. Forsberg is definitely better imo (slightlly but still) and it's close with Rakell.

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Stone is a top 10 winger in the league, and he will be recognise as such as soon as he leaves.

He's the best player on this team now by quite a bit.

If there were an NHL Olympic team this, or last year, Stone will/would have been on the team for sure.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
I think the top 10 NHL.com has for wingers is fair. 10-1, Panarin, Wheeler, Benn, Giroux, Laine, Marchand, Kane, Hall, Ovechkin, Kucherov.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I think the top 10 NHL.com has for wingers is fair. 10-1, Panarin, Wheeler, Benn, Giroux, Laine, Marchand, Kane, Hall, Ovechkin, Kucherov.
Majority of those guys are LW. I'd pretty easily take Stone over Panarin though. At this point in their careers, Stone is currently better than Benn imo.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I'd take Panarin over Stone.

Stone is a top 10 RW, but isn't a top 10 wing overall.
Not top 10 overall is fine, he's still 15-20 if you wanna throw all wingers into the same pile. Panarin really isn't as good as Stone though. I dont think he really belongs top 20 let alone top 10.

Karl Prime

Feb 13, 2017
Not top 10 overall is fine, he's still 15-20 if you wanna throw all wingers into the same pile. Panarin really isn't as good as Stone though. I dont think he really belongs top 20 let alone top 10.

I dunno .... if AP fell off after leaving Chicago then maybe, but the 2nd best forward on Columbus was Atkinson with 46 points in 65 games so it's not like he had a Matthews or Tavares to get all those assists. Defensively Stone's better for sure, but strictly as an offensive winger I'd take Artemi.

L'Aveuglette

つ ◕_◕ ༽つ
Jan 8, 2007
Montreal
And people wonder why I say Stone is overrated by Sens fans.

How exactly is he overrated? The guy can do everything on the ice, mostly better than everyone else on the team.

Such a strange stance to take to constantly remind people that Stone isn't as good as we think he is lol.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada
Disagree here. Panarin is a 75+ point player and 30+ goal scorer. He’s absolute money in the playoffs too. He’s at least equal to Stone IMO. I don’t think there’s 20 wingers better than him.

Reactions: Xspyrit
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad