Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals/Free Agents 2018-2019

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
Stone is like a high tier star and just below superstar level.

Superstars are guys like Matthews and Eichel and Kane. Stone is easily below those guys.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
How exactly is he overrated? The guy can do everything on the ice, mostly better than everyone else on the team.

Such a strange stance to take to constantly remind people that Stone isn't as good as we think he is lol.
People are calling him a superstar. He's not.

Happy we have him. Clear star. Overrated by Sens fans.

Sensung

Oct 3, 2017
You're just arguing semantics at this point though. There's no concrete definition of star or superstar.
Not really.

My point, when this whole thing started, was that teams should prioritize Superstar over Star and if you need to overpay to keep a player it should be reserved for your most important, most talented player.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Open question. Has anyone seen a list of the best waiver eligible players this year. One of the best things we could do at this point is claim a couple players who came close to making other teams and letting the kids have more time in the AHL/Junior. If they do okay then you can always flip them later.

senswon

Quo Tendimus
Aug 1, 2007
Kingstone
Open question. Has anyone seen a list of the best waiver eligible players this year. One of the best things we could do at this point is claim a couple players who came close to making other teams and letting the kids have more time in the AHL/Junior. If they do okay then you can always flip them later.

Great idea but they seem to want a ton of kids in the lineup. Even if it's 5 that's alot

R2010

May 23, 2011
Great idea but they seem to want a ton of kids in the lineup. Even if it's 5 that's alot

Oh for sure. I'm also just thinking that every year someone slips through who shouldn't and it would be great if we used our waiver priority to grab one of them.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
It's hard to go off of threads like that because some fans have unreasonable expectations of how an NHL team will operate. That said, if they hit the waiver wire I'd take a look at Martin Frk, Josh Leivo, Nikolay Goldobin [surely he won't be waived?], and maybe Nathan Beaulieu.

Insulating our prospects and creating the best possible environment in Belleville should be management's priority this season. The NHL club is going to lose a lot of games, and there isn't really anything that can be done about it at this point. Let's not trash our chances before the rebuild even really begins.

RAFI BOMB

May 11, 2016
There are some interesting waiver eligible prospects around the league. If they get waived, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sens considered putting in a claim. Some of the players that could potentially get waived are: Morgan Klimchuk, Kerby Rychel, Stefan Matteau, Scott Kosmachuk, Remi Elie, JC Lipon and Michael McCarron.

Reactions: Skid

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Actually - scrap the waivers idea. If Tkachuk makes the team [looking likely] we're at 49 contracts, so we don't even really have any room to go that route.

EDIT: I miscounted. It's actually 48 contracts if Tkachuk makes the team. Still pretty tight though.

Last edited:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Actually - scrap the waivers idea. If Tkachuk makes the team [looking likely] we're at 49 contracts, so we don't even really have any room to go that route.

EDIT: I miscounted. It's actually 48 contracts if Tkachuk makes the team. Still pretty tight though.
I wouldn't be too worried about that situation given how many ufas and rfas we have at the end of the year, many of which can be moved at the deadline and even more should be let go. If we're trading guys like Duchene for prospects the players likely won't count towards the limit due to their age.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
There are some interesting waiver eligible prospects around the league. If they get waived, I wouldn't be surprised if the Sens considered putting in a claim. Some of the players that could potentially get waived are: Morgan Klimchuk, Kerby Rychel, Stefan Matteau, Scott Kosmachuk, Remi Elie, JC Lipon and Michael McCarron.
I don't mind klimchuk from what ive seen... the others..meh. ]actually Matteau is ok

BloodRedArmy

Nov 29, 2013
Bytown
Weren't they saying Sparks needs to clear waivers on last nights broadcast? VERY interesting.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
Petan or Leivo could hit waivers would be interesting to look at

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
Petan or Leivo could hit waivers would be interesting to look at

Honestly this is what we should be doing, instead or rushing junior players straight to the NHL (Batherson, Formenton Tkachuk etc), we pick up some stop gap players via waivers. Not only will it give us time to properly develop those guys, we might find a diamond in the rough.

R2010

May 23, 2011
Honestly this is what we should be doing, instead or rushing junior players straight to the NHL (Batherson, Formenton Tkachuk etc), we pick up some stop gap players via waivers. Not only will it give us time to properly develop those guys, we might find a diamond in the rough.

Absolutely. If they produce well we can grab a draft pick for them if they're not part of the long-term plans. We let Jordan Weal and Rychel get through in the last years and really they could have been useful bottom half of the lineup players. I can't see someone with as much potential as Frk making his way to waivers.

DueDiligence

Nov 16, 2013
You're just arguing semantics at this point though. There's no concrete definition of star or superstar.

Superstars should be the top 5 percent of any league. Any greater percentage goes beyond what the definition of a superstar is.
So in the NHL that would mean : 23 active players per team x 31 teams = 713 x .05 = 36 players. Based on most ratings Stone falls below that number so in theory he is only a star!

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005

I agree that those three should be sent down. But I also don't think we need to pick anybody up. We're already way overloaded. I think White and Chlapik are absolutely NHL ready. Even with Pageau injured, that still leaves us with 13 forwards.

Reactions: Cosmix

JonnyMacSen

2nd round Chlapik!
Nov 4, 2009
Ottawa, ON
If Duchene is getting traded my target would be the Islanders, they need another center after losing JT. Would love to get Dobson from them, or to a lesser extent there 2019 1st as it shouldn't be to late.

Probably totally unrealistic but do you think the Habs would give up there first for a signed Duchene? :naughty:

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad