Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-20 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Honestly both Puljujarvi and Duclair have big question marks about them. A 1 for 1 might work.

No thanks, PJ has NHL question marks and has done nothing to lessen them, while Duclair is busy working on putting his to rest.

This 1 for 1 would make me angry at PD, and no one wants that.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
No thanks, PJ has NHL question marks and has done nothing to lessen them, while Duclair is busy working on putting his to rest.

This 1 for 1 would make me angry at PD, and no one wants that.
I personally don’t want Puljujarvi but 4 RFA years before committing to one of them.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
I personally don’t want Puljujarvi but 4 RFA years before committing to one of them.

But the other one has at least proven to be an NHL player at this point.

I’d trade for the kid, but I’d only be interested in giving up something that isn’t going to be part of the future here.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Hey guys just checking out your Pulju discussion. I think most of you guys are pretty realistic about the situation. That Garrioch tweet is from awhile ago and with their success this season I think the ask has likely shifted to a 3C or player who can help now. The cap is a problem but they do have Brodziak on LTIR and could send down guys like Gagner and Manning to free up another 2M. Holland really doesn't need to force a deal, he's got nothing but time, especially with the team playing well but I do think he'd rather resolve this sooner rather then later.

I'm wondering if Duclair might be made available between now and the deadline and what a package of Tierney + Duclair would look like. Pieces I think the Oilers would be comfortable trading in a package like this would be some collection of Puljujarvi, Benning, Lagesson, Jones, 2nds, 3rds. The Oilers would likely need to send at least one of Gagner or Manning back but they are both expiring and somewhat serviceable players that could likely be flipped at the deadline for late round picks.

Sens should give Duclair a mid term deal. It would send a terrible message to trade him.

So far, he has held up his end of the bargain. He has a bad rep in terms of floating around from team to team, but it sends a bad message if they just pump and dump a player who it seems like has worked hard to finally put it together in Ottawa.

Reactions: DrEasy

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

Man would that ever be a tough sell to the fan base. Trading a guy who has done nothing but excel in a Sens uniform for a perceived bust just to kick the can 4 years down the road and not pay the guy.

Logically it lines up with what the organization has done the last few years, so I see where you're coming from, but that would be a nightmare PR scenario for a team that could (still) use all the help they can get.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Sens should give Duclair a mid term deal. It would send a terrible message to trade him.

So far, he has held up his end of the bargain. He has a bad rep in terms of floating around from team to team, but it sends a bad message if they just pump and dump a player who it seems like has worked hard to finally put it together in Ottawa.
Yeah they arent trading him its an asinine idea. They have so many players to deal before him it makes absolutely no sense.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Edmonton should have traded for Duc when he was available for nothing. He would be an excellent option to play with McD and easy to fit into their cap crunch.

I like Duc but I’d listen if they were putting one of their D in play (Bouchard or Broberg ). I doubt they would be we have ability to take act as a “King Maker” to them.

Duclair + Pager for Broberg + JP and what ever contract/cash needs to make it work. Lavoie / Demelo could be added too.

It sets EDM up for a solid playoff run.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
While I think we got hosed on the return for Duchene,I think we hit a grand slam for Dzingle ,I think Duclair is much better a player TBH

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Edmonton should have traded for Duc when he was available for nothing. He would be an excellent option to play with McD and easy to fit into their cap crunch.

I like Duc but I’d listen if they were putting one of their D in play (Bouchard or Broberg ). I doubt they would be we have ability to take act as a “King Maker” to them.

Duclair + Pager for Broberg + JP and what ever contract/cash needs to make it work. Lavoie / Demelo could be added too.

That seems pretty steep for Edm... Can't see them doing that, though those two players would be ideal adds for them imo.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
Honestly both Puljujarvi and Duclair have big question marks about them. A 1 for 1 might work.

You kidding me? Duke has been nothing but money in Ottawa. Pujujarvi has f***ed off to Finland , and refusing to play.
Duclair 100% has more value currently.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa

Would rather keep Duclair. We lack high end offensive talent, and in Duclair I think we have that. Lot's of D prospects as it is.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
That seems pretty steep for Edm... Can't see them doing that, though those two players would be ideal adds for them imo.

What if we add a 2nd ? or even Lassi T ?

Broberg + JP --> Duc + Pager + OTT 2ND 2020 + all the contract/salary adjustments needed. We also could work in Demelo/CT for Ralph Lavoie

EDM probably can't resign Pager so we may get a 2nd shot at him.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
We acquiring Taylor Hall or what? Allegedly the asking price is a D and a pick. I wonder how much he has left in the tank.
Could you imagine trading for Hall while the team is 4th last in the league when the team has their first pick. While the previous season they trade Karlsson, Stone, Duchene and Dzingle when they did not have their first.... Its sickening to think anyone thinks this is a good idea. It was suggested on TSN1200 which is all you need to know about how piss poor pathetic the media here in Ottawa is. Probably the worst idea i have heard in a long long time.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Maybe I'll have to eat crow on this, but I have absolutely zero interest in Puljujarvi. An Oilers reclamation project coming off major surgery sounds about as appealing as a **** sandwich.

the surgery concern made more sense when he had yet to play 24 games in the the SM-Liiga, and the stage of our teams rebuild is the exact time you can afford to give icetime to reclamation projects.

This feels to me a lot like when we picked up Turris. It's not without risk, but the potential reward is far greater than what we'd likely get out of what we give up.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

I don't blame people for not acquiring him. He didn't work out on multiple teams.

The Sens were in a position where they had lots of room for development/projects. In that respect, the opportunity cost for the Senators was lower than a team in 'win now' mode.

Re-signing Duclair would be efficient. The Sens might get him for a bit less because this will be his first big contract and because of his previous struggles. It also sends a good message culturally that a player who came in and worked hard to reach another level is rewarded. Teams can't preach hard work and buying in and then undermine that when a player does so.

I'm not saying there isn't risk. Could Duclair get comfortable once he has security and flame out? Maybe. But if he does what he has doing over 82 games, he has earned the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: DrEasy and Sweatred

JG Stone

Oct 5, 2019
Could you imagine trading for Hall while the team is 4th last in the league when the team has their first pick.

But Taylor Hall guarantees us the 1st overall pick. Have you seen his track record in helping New Jersey and Edmonton win the draft lottery? ;):laugh:

But seriously, this probably won't happen, so no need to get so emotional bud.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad