Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-20 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TeamRenzo

Jul 20, 2009
Could you imagine trading for Hall while the team is 4th last in the league when the team has their first pick. While the previous season they trade Karlsson, Stone, Duchene and Dzingle when they did not have their first.... Its sickening to think anyone thinks this is a good idea. It was suggested on TSN1200 which is all you need to know about how piss poor pathetic the media here in Ottawa is. Probably the worst idea i have heard in a long long time.

Who made the suggestion to trade for Hall? From a Sens perspective, it is a terrible idea and surprised anyone from TSN1200 would float the idea

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Who made the suggestion to trade for Hall? From a Sens perspective, it is a terrible idea and surprised anyone from TSN1200 would float the idea
He is arguably the type of player they need and don't have in the pipeline either. Superstar sniper. That said, his UFA status and Ottawa's budget makes it a ludicrous suggestion.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Taylor Hall is going to fall off a cliff in effectiveness (already happening). Low IQ player who's destroyed his body over the course of his career and is fast approaching 30. Anyone who signs him is gonna regret it. Will be a great add for a contender as a rental but as a long term option he's gonna be the next big horrible contract.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Half the team is young and borderline prospects.
That doesnt make them a project.
You just said it ,borderline prospects meaning they may or may not pan out....Adding another for a cost to us doesnt make much sense now does it

Bileur

Jun 15, 2004
Ottawa
You just said it ,borderline prospects meaning they may or may not pan out....Adding another for a cost to us doesnt make much sense now does it

Puljujarvi is a reclamation project but the potential upside is significantly higher than any of our RW prospects (with the possible exception of Batherson). He’s more physically (and in all likelyhood mentally) mature than a 2020 draft pick, has been humbled by his experience in Edmonton and will likely be ready to put in the work with DJ.

It would absolutely make sense to make a move like this. Sometimes it works (Craig Anderson, Turris, Duclair so far) sometimes it doesn’t (Filatov) but it’s the type of move a team looking to improve quickly should make.

Reactions: Whyme and Sweatred

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Puljujarvi is a reclamation project but the potential upside is significantly higher than any of our RW prospects (with the possible exception of Batherson). He’s more physically (and in all likelyhood mentally) mature than a 2020 draft pick, has been humbled by his experience in Edmonton and will likely be ready to put in the work with DJ.

It would absolutely make sense to make a move like this. Sometimes it works (Craig Anderson, Turris, Duclair so far) sometimes it doesn’t (Filatov) but it’s the type of move a team looking to improve quickly should make.
Like I have said before ,if we can get him cheap for one of our project/prospects then go for it...But hell no to moving out anything higher

Sens

Jan 7, 2016
Taylor Hall is going to fall off a cliff in effectiveness (already happening). Low IQ player who's destroyed his body over the course of his career and is fast approaching 30. Anyone who signs him is gonna regret it. Will be a great add for a contender as a rental but as a long term option he's gonna be the next big horrible contract.
The dudes on pace for 280 sog... a hot streak goal scoring and he’s on pace for 30G 90Pts

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
JP has done more in the NHL than Brown up until about two weeks ago. I am thrilled with Brown’s development and view JP far from a reclamation project.

I can’t really speak to where his game or his health are ... but there is potential for a home run.

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
To Nashville:
Chris Tierney
VAN 2020 2nd round

To Vancouver:
Kyle Turris
Mark Borowiecki

To Ottawa:
Eeli Tolvanen
NSH's 1st rounder (2021)
Loui Eriksson (33% retained)

We get a former 1st rounder and a future first rounder for Tierney, Boro and some cap space.

Thoughts?

InTkachukWeTrust

Nov 10, 2013
I don’t really want to trade Pageau as I would like to see him be a Sens for life but for fun how about a trade with Edmonton.

Pageau Chlapik 2nd round for Bouchard + cap dump

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
I don’t really want to trade Pageau as I would like to see him be a Sens for life but for fun how about a trade with Edmonton.

Pageau Chlapik 2nd round for Bouchard + cap dump

A lot of people really like Bouchard...

... I'm not one of those people. I think he's a bit slow and poor defensively.

So I would pass on this big time. Just me though.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
To Nashville:
Chris Tierney
VAN 2020 2nd round

To Vancouver:
Kyle Turris
Mark Borowiecki

To Ottawa:
Eeli Tolvanen
NSH's 1st rounder (2021)

We get a former 1st rounder and a future first rounder for Tierney, Boro and some cap space.

Thoughts?
Filly don’t do rebounds and Euge don’t don’t do cap dumps

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
To Nashville:
Chris Tierney
VAN 2020 2nd round

To Vancouver:
Kyle Turris
Mark Borowiecki

To Ottawa:
Eeli Tolvanen
NSH's 1st rounder (2021)

Thoughts?
Where do we sign?! That being said Turris has negative value no way Vancouver does this even with dumping Eriksson.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
A lot of people really like Bouchard...

... I'm not one of those people. I think he's a bit slow and poor defensively.

So I would pass on this big time. Just me though.
Me too dont like him. Bad skater and not very big. Sens would get a better player with a late first in this year's draft which they should get for Pageau and not have to give up a 2nd and chlapik who has looked great.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I don't think NSH will give up those kind of assets to get out of the Turris contract when they could buy him out for 2M per season.

A Turris for Eriksson swap would make sense for both sides if Vancouver prioritizes short term cap gains via a Turris buyout over long term cap space. Eriksson has a lot less term than Turris, but there is little to no benefit to buying out Eriksson because of his signing bonuses that would stay on the cap.

I don't see how we fit into a three way trade. If we're talking Eriksson, it would make a lot more sense to just do a regular trade with Vancouver after his 2021 bonus is paid. Eriksson would be owed 1 million in 2021 and 4 million in 2022. If Vancouver was willing to attach a top prospect or a 1st round pick as the base of the deal, that would be a sensible use of our "salary space".

If Vancouver makes that kind of move next summer, it would partially be in anticipation of 2022 when Pettersson will cost them as much as 12 million on an 8 year contract. (Less if they go shorter term). They could wait until 2022 to dump Eriksson, but if there is an opportunity to do it in 2021, maybe they play it safe and pull the trigger. They are always big UFA spenders, so they probably would use the cap space right away.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
Has Bouchard fallen that far down?

I don't see EDM giving up that kind of prospect for Pageau. (assuming Bouchard is still perceived to be somewhere near as valuable as he was when drafted).

I get the proposal had us throwing in extra pieces, but teams don't operate that way at the deadline. Everybody will say Filip Forsberg, but he was the exception to the rule. Brannstrom was only on the table for Stone last season because Stone is a superstar and an extension was a pre-requisite to Brannstrom being included. Otherwise, the center piece was going to be Anthony Beauvillier from the Islanders.

If there's an extension for Pageau, maybe....but it would still be unprecedented to get a top prospect in that sort of deal. Pageau is going to be very coveted because he is a unique asset on the ice but I think like with most rentals, there will be a limit to what we get for him.

Reactions: Silencio

Silencio

Nov 6, 2006
Toronto

I don't see EDM giving up that kind of prospect for Pageau. (assuming Bouchard is still perceived to be somewhere near as valuable as he was when drafted).

I get the proposal had us throwing in extra pieces, but teams don't operate that way at the deadline. Everybody will say Filip Forsberg, but he was the exception to the rule. Brannstrom was only on the table for Stone last season because Stone is a superstar and an extension was a pre-requisite to Brannstrom being included. Otherwise, the center piece was going to be Anthony Beauvillier from the Islanders.

If there's an extension for Pageau, maybe....but it would still be unprecedented to get a top prospect in that sort of deal. Pageau is going to be very coveted because he is a unique asset on the ice but I think like with most rentals, there will be a limit to what we get for him.

Yeah maybe if Chiarelli was still GM Bouchard would be on the table, but Ken Holland doesn't exactly have a history of giving up on prospects too early.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville

What could we add to Pageau to get Bouchard? Balcers, Tierney? A second rd pick? We should seek quantity-for-quality trades as much as possible with all the assets we have accumulated. Edmonton is a good trade partner in that they're top-heavy but could use better forward depth.

A future #1 PP consisting of:

Tkachuk - L. Brown - Duclair
Chabot - Bouchard

Would be a significant improvement over what we have, and for the next little while.

danielpalfredsson

Aug 14, 2013
What could we add to Pageau to get Bouchard? Balcers, Tierney? A second rd pick? We should seek quantity-for-quality trades as much as possible with all the assets we have accumulated. Edmonton is a good trade partner in that they're top-heavy but could use better forward depth.

A future #1 PP consisting of:

Tkachuk - L. Brown - Duclair
Chabot - Bouchard

Would be a significant improvement over what we have, and for the next little while.

Teams just don't give up top prospects for rentals. It doesn't matter if we add. Teams don't do five nickels for a quarter at the trade deadline.

If Bouchard is still worth more than Edmonton's 2020 1st, we aren't getting him for Pageau. Even with the talk of us getting a 2020 1st+ for Pageau, I'm still a bit skeptical. Only one rental got a 1st at the most recent TDL. We saw a lot of 2nd, 2nd+3rd, or 2nd+2nd type packages. This draft is deeper than last year as well.

I'm operating under the assumption that he is, because I don't follow CHL prospects closely enough to have a valid opinion. If his value has tanked, and he's a B prospect now, than sure maybe we could get him.

If Pageau goes to Edmonton with an extension, and if Edmonton absolutely covets Pageau - maybe it is possible. Even then, it is a huge reach.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Where do we sign?! That being said Turris has negative value no way Vancouver does this even with dumping Eriksson.

Yeah, no way is anyone taking on Turris at his current cap hit - doubly so if they're expecting Vancouver to also eat 33% of Eriksson's contract.

Turris probably is a tradeable asset at $4mil/year, but that's still a hefty chunk of cash for the the Preds to eat over the next 4 years. It's definitely a tricky situation.

On the subject of Turris/Eriksson specifically... I could see Vancouver being interested in an Eriksson-Turris one-for-one deal, obviously, that's a huge win for them... but then there's no way Nashville would do that deal either.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
There is no love lost between Turris and Melnyk. A trade for Turris won't happen and doesn't make sense with the glut of centres in the crowded pipeline.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
tbh this is also why you don't slag your employer on your way out. I'm sure Turris' wife comment is just another factor as to why he wouldn't be brought back here

not saying that we would even trade for him but it's just an unnecessary comment

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad