Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-20 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
God if we have a chance at pool party for pageau and instead we end up giving pageau a 6 year deal :thumbd:

Reactions: Qward

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I have to ask, What makes Tierney expendable?

Logan Brown, Colin White, Josh Norris, Artem Anisimov, Filip Chlapik, possibly JG Pageau...

3 of those guys are top-nine centers in this league (imo) and Anisimov is going to be here next year filling a hole too in all likelihood. It's not like the team should punt him or anything, but with so many younger/cheaper options already signed through next season I think the team is in a nice position to sell him for value if an offer comes along.

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I have to ask, What makes Tierney expendable?
Sens have good centers coming through so Tierney is kinda losing his spot

If we trade pageau then Tierney might be sticking around

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
why did that do that

Lol - was a bad trade for sure

Raanta being so injury prone really tanked that trade for them, but Stepan always seemed due for a drop off. I am surprised it happened so quickly, though.

Stepan would be a good pick-up next year, after his bonus is paid. He will be making 2mil during the season next year.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
Tierney should be traded if the return helps us long term. Puljujarvi certainly qualifies as that. He is also NHL ready. While he can't play down the middle, it becomes more of a hockey trade.

We probably need to take back cap anyways to make it work for Edmonton, so someone like Gagner or one of their overpaid 6/7 D would have to come back.

Tierney has 1 more year of team control after this season. He will cost 3.5-4.5 million to extend long term. To me, he came over in the Karlsson deal as a way to help fill out the roster and be flipped down the line.

If after trading Tierney, we also want to move Pageau - there is probably another Namestnikov deal out there. Trade Pageau for futures and take a cap liability from another team to play in the top 9. It will be a huge downgrade on Pageau, but it gives us someone to play some veteran minutes.

Logan Brown is also ready and healthy. Our center depth is fine if we trade Tierney.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Norris will replace Tierney by next year.

Perfect time to trade Tierney is this deadline. Hopefully it gets done.

We already have three 2nds if we can get a couple more maybe we can move up that SJ pick a little bit.

Reactions: Alex1234

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
What's the latest scouting report on Puljujarvi? How's he doing overseas?

24 points in 23 games (tied for team lead in scoring) for Karpat.

By all accounts he's been great over there. Still TBD if he can transition to game to NA ice, but he picked up where he left off in Finland.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Norris will replace Tierney by next year.

Perfect time to trade Tierney is this deadline. Hopefully it gets done.

We already have three 2nds if we can get a couple more maybe we can move up that SJ pick a little bit.

Bingo, not sure Norris will be there just yet but I think Chlapik will. Agree with the rest of the post.

A deal based around Puljujarvi and Tierney has always made sense for both teams. I think Edmonton adds a little maybe a later pick. Like a 3rd rounder.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Bingo, not sure Norris will be there just yet but I think Chlapik will. Agree with the rest of the post.

A deal based around Puljujarvi and Tierney has always made sense for both teams. I think Edmonton adds a little maybe a later pick. Like a 3rd rounder.
I’m not big on JP but straight up for Tierney is fine by me. My impression though, is that Holland is demanding more.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Tierney + TBL 5th for Puljajrvi + Gagner/Manning + EDM 4th

Who says no?

If Ottawa is taking a bad contract like that they dont have to add a pick thats for sure. Ottawa says no, Tierney is very underated around here froma value perspective for some strange reason.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
If Ottawa is taking a bad contract like that they dont have to add a pick thats for sure. Ottawa says no, Tierney is very underated around here from a value perspective for some strange reason.

JP isn't chopped liver himself, and the Sens will need bodies back if they ship out higher priced vets (Pageau, Hainsey, Namestnikov, Anderson).

I mean, maybe the Sens get a higher pick back, that's entirely possible, but the prize is Pulju, who should/would hold a heck of a lot more value for this franchise than Tierney. Personally I wouldn't balk at this deal if it ended up happening, and I sure as heck wouldn't risk pushing for a higher pick if I was Dorion and be risk being caught with my pants down when Holland ships JP eslewhere.

I'd rather get back the right piece for the rebuild than the right value (in futures) if that makes sense.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Tierney + TBL 5th for Puljajrvi + Gagner/Manning + EDM 4th

Who says no?

I’d take it - probably even if it took a 2ND or 3Rd vs the 5Th. I would hope the Sens has some eyes on him- I really have no idea how he is skating or where his health is. From my end it would be based on a very good eval.

Connecting JP to the EK haul gives that trade more life too.

Last edited:
Reactions: stempniaksen

Taluss

Jul 28, 2018
NYC
Andy missed practice and isnt in lineup tn. Quick everyone lets overreact

Kinkaid for Anderson 1/1

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
JP needs a contract and I'm assuming it's going to be in the 2M range or else he'll stay in Finland.

Ah, great point, I thought he was on the last year of his ELC for some reason, but that's still only a break even scenario. You may be right then.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
None of these players are going to get anything remotely close to what you want in trades. None NHLers like Swarz, Goloubef, Sabourin, Boedker, Klimchuk, Sturz aren't going to return NHL assets. They'd only be swapped for equivalent players/dumps.

Anderson has no trade value.

Boro, Hainsey, Ennis, Anisimov aren't worth anything more than 5th/conditional picks.

We'd be the ones giving the 2nd rounder to trade away Zaitsev.

We have to actually ice rosters in 3 different leagues. We cannot trade away nearly a 3rd of the players under contract with the organization. Probably no more than 4 guys are traded.
Maybe & maybe not & this isn't going to happen over night, it will most likely happen over the course of a few yrs. NOT every one of those players will get moved some will have their contracts run out like Boedker as an example & they will leave when their contract expires. AHL assets are traded mostly for other AHL assets or sometimes although rarely late rd picks.

I don't think anyone on here can say a player has no value, we have no idea if someone out there all of a sudden loses their #1 goalie & their backup sucks might consider trading for Anderson for their playoff run. I've never been much of a fan of his, but he does have NHL playoff experience. And a lot of teams like these older guys for depth in their playoff runs. I don't like a lot of these guys either which is why I listed them, but I think some do have value & the more assets PD can accumulate not just for this draft but other drafts too the better for the team overall in my view. Sure a number of them aren't worth much but every yr some guys surprise us with what they return. Let's hope for the best return on these guys for the team's sake.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Ah, great point, I thought he was on the last year of his ELC for some reason, but that's still only a break even scenario. You may be right then.
Now if the Sens were really smart and they wanted JP then send Tierney (assuming that's something Holland wants) half retained for JP AFTER Dec 1st. Because we retain and don't get a player this year we take a 2nd rounder. At 1.5M prorated, Edmonton could add CT and send a player down to the AHL while only adding 600K prorated.

Dec 2nd
To EDM - Chris Teirney 50% retained
To OTT - Rights to JP and Edmonton 2020 2nd.

Fits in the cap for Edmonton and Ottawa saves actual dollars this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad