Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-20 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skid

Sep 26, 2005
Canada
I agree, I certainly didn’t mean 1 for 1, just as an interesting piece. Maybe we can even squeeze a Wilde and a protected or more likely conditional first for Pageau and Boro.
Well that seemed easy. Let’s pull the trigger

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
You have a much better handle on prospects, so I'm wondering what you would ask for from Isles for Pageau and Boro?
Nothing.

Some team is gonna overpay for Pags, in a contract yr who is getting top line minutes/ pp mins and has a shooting % that is more then double his career average.

Isles will hopefully pass and settle for a less hyped bottom 6 center.

On another note..there is a thread on the trade board saying the Sens are looking for D. One nyi fan suggested Hickey to the Sens. Any interest at $2.5m per? He is a solid #5.

Crosside

Aug 1, 2018
Nothing.

Some team is gonna overpay for Pags, in a contract yr who is getting top line minutes/ pp mins and has a shooting % that is more then double his career average.

On another note..there is a thread on the trade board saying the Sens are looking for D. One nyi fan suggested Hickey to the Sens. Any interest at $2.5m per? He is a solid #5.
Hickey + 4 rnd for Tierney

Ouroboros

There is no armour against Fate
Feb 3, 2008
Love to trade Tierney for a 30 year old scrub in the minors with a 2.5M cap hit and 2.5 years left on his deal. What an opportunity!

BankStreetParade

Jan 22, 2013
Ottawa
Nothing.

His 17:54 TOI/GP barely puts him in the top 100 in the NHL. And he averages 44 seconds of PP TOI/GP. He's having a monster year (relative to his usual performance) because he's worked for it not because it's been gifted to him with easy minutes and tons of PP time.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Hickey + 4 rnd for Tierney

tenor.gif

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
So Lou wouldn't move top prospects to rent Stone/Panarin/Duchene, but you think he will to improve his 3rd line for a few months?
That depends on how he sees his team. If he thinks they're legitimate contenders, I don't see the problem. Pageau is gonna put some team over the top.

Otherwise he can watch another team go pick him up and get swept out early if he doesn't have the stomach to improve his team. Maybe he's right not to think his team is a contender with Boston and Tampa in the same conference. Just accept the L now, I guess.

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002
That depends on how he sees his team. If he thinks they're legitimate contenders, I don't see the problem. Pageau is gonna put some team over the top.

Otherwise he can watch another team go pick him up and get swept out early if he doesn't have the stomach to improve his team. Maybe he's right not to think his team is a contender with Boston and Tampa in the same conference. Just accept the L now, I guess.
Yes cause we saw how Duchene/Stone put their new teams over the top last TDL.

It is a proven fact that only the teams landing the sexy names on the market can win it all:rolleyes:

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yes cause we saw how Duchene/Stone put their new teams over the top last TDL.

It is a proven fact that only the teams landing the sexy names on the market can win it all:rolleyes:
Oh yeah Mark Stone was such a bust for Vegas. They're really regretting trading a "top prospect" for him now. Lol.

What's your point anyways? Ottawa should just accept garbage for their best players or you don't want to make trades? Why even bother engaging.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
I could see Dallas being a player on Pageau for some reason.

If we were to package Pageau and Boro together something like Hanzal (LTIR’d), Harley Dallas 1st for Pags, Boro, Dallas 2nd

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Don't get my hope's up on trading Boro. He's been playing real well this year but I half expect him to be extended for 4 or 5 years knowing our GM. Would be so nice to move on from him and start adding some more mobile and skilled guys on D.

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
Saying that I’m actually starting to wonder if we’ll be buyers at the deadline.

Its typical Ottawa fashion to accelerate a rebuild beyond comprehension.

‘Member when we missed out on Hall for Ceci? Yeah, pretty sure if given a do over this trade deadline and we’re in the hunt - ‘tunnel vision activated!’

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Oh yeah Mark Stone was such a bust for Vegas. They're really regretting trading a "top prospect" for him now. Lol.

I don't even know why LA traded for Gretzky. Edmonton went on to win a cup with Martin Gelinas in 1990, while that lazy selfish Gretzky never put the Kings over the top.

And speaking of that trade - Peter Pocklington clearly was a brilliant owner for the Oil, as evidenced by his foresight to get rid of that bum Gretzky. Doesn't get enough credit for orchestrating what should be known forever more as "The Gelinas Trade".

CREW99AW

Mar 12, 2002

What's your point anyways? Ottawa should just accept garbage for their best players or you don't want to make trades? Why even bother engaging.

I never said the Sens should accept garbage for their best players.

I said a team does not have to grab the sexy name to put them over the top. Isles are more likely to end up with Jankowski or Tierney then Pags.

And my disagreeing with the trade rumor does not mean I have not engaged in this discussion. It is not a trade I see going down. Boro being included makes zero sense.

Isles LHD :
Leddy 19:32 TOI
Pelech 21:17 TOI
Toews 19.29 TOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad