Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-20 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Peptic Balcers

May 1, 2010
Ottawa, Canada
Wilde wilde wilde thoughts.
5cd82b7c2100002f007d7bd2.jpeg

wilde bode

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
I could see Dallas being a player on Pageau for some reason.

If we were to package Pageau and Boro together something like Hanzal (LTIR’d), Harley Dallas 1st for Pags, Boro, Dallas 2nd
we aren't getting 2 first rounders for them lol

Harley was just taken in the first and is looking good

Boro is probably worth a 3rd or 4th and Pageau at BEST is worth a 1st. Lets not forget the dude is career 3rd liner and two good months so far doesn't change that.....

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
instead of a first and a unkown prospect would you rather a second and a reclamation project?

second and Puljujarvi?
second and zacha?

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Here are 17 players that I would like to see traded over the course of the next few yrs. It's likely that there will be a few players below that may not have any value or market & impossible to trade that the Sens will just allow the contracts to run out & move on from. The Callahan & MacArthur contracts will end at the end of this season & Gaborik's contract will run out after next season.

UFAs that could be traded:

Pageau - late first rd pick
Anderson - possible 2nd or 3rd rd pick
Boro - possible late 2nd or 3rd rd [pick
DeMello - possible 2nd or 3rd rd pick
Namestikov - possible late 2nd or 3rd rd pick
Ennis - possible 2nd or 3rd rd pick
Hainsey - late 2nd or more likely 3rd rd pick
Goloubef - 4th or 5th rd pick
Szwarz - 4th or 5th rd pick
Sabourin - 4th or 5th rd pick
Boedker - 6th or 7th rd pick

RFAs that could possibly be traded:

Tierny - possible 2nd or 3rd rd pick
Klimchuk - 6th or 7th rd pick
Sturtz - 7th rd pick

Other players who could be traded:

Ryan - ??? (salary most likely would need to be retained)
Anisimov - 3rd or 4th rd pick
Zaitsev - possible 2nd or 3rd rd pick

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
I think guys like Tierney, Hainsey, Boro and DeMelo could all potentially get 2nd round picks if we were to make them 2022 2nds, instead of 2020 or 2021 2nds, as given the time value I think a 2022 2nd is closer to a 2020 3rd in value.

It makes sense for us to stagger the picks, given that we already have 9 picks in the first two rounds the next 2 years. Don't want to have too many players potentially trying to break in at the same time.

I'm worried Dorion will pass on the assets in favour of re-signing these guys, thinking we have enough draft picks. Absolutely need to take advantage of trade deadline prices and rent our guys out. Can easily replace them in free agency or via trade (at a cheaper price) in the off-season.

Reactions: aragorn

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Here are 17 players that I would like to see traded over the course of the next few yrs. It's likely that there will be a few players below that may not have any value or market & impossible to trade that the Sens will just allow the contracts to run out & move on from. The Callahan & MacArthur contracts will end at the end of this season & Gaborik's contract will run out after next season.

Sturtz - 7th rd pick

None of these players are going to get anything remotely close to what you want in trades. None NHLers like Swarz, Goloubef, Sabourin, Boedker, Klimchuk, Sturz aren't going to return NHL assets. They'd only be swapped for equivalent players/dumps.

Anderson has no trade value.

Boro, Hainsey, Ennis, Anisimov aren't worth anything more than 5th/conditional picks.

We'd be the ones giving the 2nd rounder to trade away Zaitsev.

We have to actually ice rosters in 3 different leagues. We cannot trade away nearly a 3rd of the players under contract with the organization. Probably no more than 4 guys are traded.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think guys like Tierney, Hainsey, Boro and DeMelo could all potentially get 2nd round picks if we were to make them 2022 2nds, instead of 2020 or 2021 2nds, as given the time value I think a 2022 2nd is closer to a 2020 3rd in value.

It makes sense for us to stagger the picks, given that we already have 9 picks in the first two rounds the next 2 years. Don't want to have too many players potentially trying to break in at the same time.

I'm worried Dorion will pass on the assets in favour of re-signing these guys, thinking we have enough draft picks. Absolutely need to take advantage of trade deadline prices and rent our guys out. Can easily replace them in free agency or via trade (at a cheaper price) in the off-season.
The only one I'd really like to re-sign is Demelo but I think he might have the most value of any of our players at the deadline. A solid RHD who basically has zero cap hit if we retain and there are a dozen teams with zero cap space. I think we could possibly hit a home run with him.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Boro, Hainsey, Ennis, Anisimov aren't worth anything more than 5th/conditional picks.

I agree with you on the rest, but I think you may be underestimating the value teams place on players like Boro and Hainsey, especially around the trade deadline.

Hainsey returned a 2nd three years ago, and he's basically the same player he was then. Boro has a reputation around the league and I bet there's a number of teams that would love to add him for a playoff run.

Could see both of them returing a 2020 3rd or a 2nd further out.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Sturtz - 7th rd pick

I admire the positive attitude about player worth but I really dont think this is realistic for many of these players.

The only players that have any trade value are Pageau, Tierney, Boro, Demelo, Hainsey, Namestinikov and potentially Ennis and Anderson.

If the team can get anything for any of the other players a trade should be made immediately.

For Boro, Hainsey, Ennis and Anderson I dont think they are getting anything more than a 4th rounder for any of them.

Pageau can get the team a 1st, Tierney a 2nd plus prospect, Demelo a 2nd.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
None of these players are going to get anything remotely close to what you want in trades. None NHLers like Swarz, Goloubef, Sabourin, Boedker, Klimchuk, Sturz aren't going to return NHL assets. They'd only be swapped for equivalent players/dumps.

Anderson has no trade value.

We'd be the ones giving the 2nd rounder to trade away Zaitsev.

We have to actually ice rosters in 3 different leagues. We cannot trade away nearly a 3rd of the players under contract with the organization. Probably no more than 4 guys are traded.

Eh, Boro and Hainsey will absolutely get more than that if traded. Really not even a question. Anisimov won't return anything other than a cap dump, but Ennis might get a 4th or 5th if he continues to produce.

Namestnikov will get a 3rd if dealt, Tierney will get a 2nd, DeMelo will get a 2nd, and Pageau might get a 1st.

The lower end guys, though, you're right - no one is giving us a pick (other than maybe a late conditional one) for guys like Szwarz or Goloubef and its for that very reason that we shouldn't trade them.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I admire the positive attitude about player worth but I really dont think this is realistic for many of these players.

The only players that have any trade value are Pageau, Tierney, Boro, Demelo, Hainsey, Namestinikov and potentially Ennis and Anderson.

If the team can get anything for any of the other players a trade should be made immediately.

For Boro, Hainsey, Ennis and Anderson I dont think they are getting anything more than a 4th rounder for any of them.

Pageau can get the team a 1st, Tierney a 2nd plus prospect, Demelo a 2nd.

I'd be surprised even if got a 4th for any of those. More likely it's in the 6/7 range.

Reactions: Alex1234

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
If you cannot get a 1st for EK, Stone or MD...

Thats the more likely scenario

We got a 1st for EK and MD and a better piece than a 1st for Stone.

I'm not defending any of those trades, but if we're sticking to the facts...

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I agree with you on the rest, but I think you may be underestimating the value teams place on players like Boro and Hainsey, especially around the trade deadline.

Hainsey returned a 2nd three years ago, and he's basically the same player he was then. Boro has a reputation around the league and I bet there's a number of teams that would love to add him for a playoff run.

Could see both of them returing a 2020 3rd or a 2nd further out.
If you push back the picks, you could get a higher pick but I don't see either guy getting more than a 3rd at this point. Both are horrendous. I know teams love to add their veteran grit but these are low quality ads and their return will reflect that.

I don't see Demelo returning a 2nd, but I guess that depends more on what the market will be for RD. Could very greatly.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
If management wants to add a depth D, McIlrath would be a fine choice

He's a one-trick pony but he does that trick well and he wont cost anything

If we're gonna trade 1-3 DMen later on this year, we will need depth

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008

Have to think there's a deal that can be made, whether it's something based around Pageau/Tierney or one of our many 2nds + a forward prospect. Oilers have a few expendable D like Benning or Manning that could be thrown in the deal too.

Puljujarvi could be a great buy-low pickup. Same age as Brown and is producing very well in the SM-Liiga. We should be all over him.

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad