Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-20 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Clayonator

Aug 11, 2018
Vancouver
Edmonton could use Pageau. I don’t think Benson is realistic, and I don’t know how they view Yamamoto. Maybe Lavoie? Puljujarvi would be sweet, but with any of these I think he’d have to agree to re sign there. Could be wrong. A 1st a pretty requisite regardless of any player added. RNH is a UFA also and might command more than they can pay out. They could sign Pageau and he could slide up into the #2 slot.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
I will admit and agree with those that pointed it out that yes i do think Brannstrom is > random 1st. Im still dissapointed we weren't able to squeeze one especially since Stone was signing an extension with Vegas.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Poolparty and a first for Pager and whatever they want that isn’t glued to the walls.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
I do not understand the fascination with Puljujarvi

PP is a coin toss/lottery ticket but if you use Logan Brown’s filter on him he looks like their is still potential. He is expendable for EDM.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Be careful with that.

I get that folks desperately want to finish 31st. But, having a sieve in nets has a habit of screwing up your skaters, and forcing them to change their games. We do NOT want to do that with our young defense corps and young forwards. We don't need to screw up the kids. Find a different way to get to the bottom.

This argument can be made for weakness at any position.

Just like with bad goaltending, a bad defense will make players take less risks out of fear their mistake will lead to a goal against.

If the offense is stagnant and little to no chances are being created, players will play outside of the system and try to beat players themselves, take unnecessary risks, etc...

Bad goaltending is the easiest way to get to the bottom of the league, and happens to be the easiest position to improve.

No sense in having Nilsson steal games for us when there's no chance it will help us make the playoffs. It's just going to lead to us finishing with a better position in the bottom 5 or bottom 10 spots in the league.

TheDebater

Peace be upon you
Mar 10, 2016
Ottawa
This team (Ottawa) is not far off from competing. We have some very good pieces in place, the idea is to add to the team, not trade away more of our valuable players for more unknown assets.

I get the whole idea of wanting to rebuild, but I cannot help but sound like a broken record here with regards to actually looking like we are attempting to build a winning team. Pageau at this point is a valuable piece to a contending team, which is why rumours are swirling that some teams might trade a 1st round pick for him, but if we become a contender next season or the year after, are we not going to wish we had a player like Pageau who is a proven playoff performer?

This obsession with hording picks has become insane.

h2

Mar 26, 2002
This team (Ottawa) is not far off from competing. We have some very good pieces in place, the idea is to add to the team, not trade away more of our valuable players for more unknown assets.

I get the whole idea of wanting to rebuild, but I cannot help but sound like a broken record here with regards to actually looking like we are attempting to build a winning team. Pageau at this point is a valuable piece to a contending team, which is why rumours are swirling that some teams might trade a 1st round pick for him, but if we become a contender next season or the year after, are we not going to wish we had a player like Pageau who is a proven playoff performer?

I really think we need to bottom out just once to get that star forward. I don't have any optimism in our current core until we get that piece. I see winning this year as just delaying the inevitable which has been continually delayed for the past decade. Rebuild already or enjoy perpetual mediocrity.

If we get absolute home run picks in the draft beyond the top range, then what I said above is irrelevant, but that's a big if.

Mark Stones Spleen

Trouba's elbow
Jan 17, 2008
T.O.
Hoping we can keep Pageau and Duclair... Unless we can trade Duclair for another 2 seconds and a misused player that will turn out better than him by next year.

JungleBeat

Sep 10, 2016
Canada

This team is far away from becoming a contender in the next two years; especially with elite franchise players in the division like Pasternak, Marchand, Kucherov, Mathews, Eichel etc. We’ve seen many players put up career numbers during their contract season and Pageau is just another one of them. Don’t expect him to become a consistent 40+ point player when he’s really just a very good 3C. Also by the time the team is contending Pageau will be 30 + and plays a style that’s not very forgiving to the body.

This is the prime time to trade him and not doing so will just be another one of Dorion’s many blunders.

Last edited:
Reactions: jehkob

TkachukNorris79

Jan 27, 2018
I will admit and agree with those that pointed it out that yes i do think Brannstrom is > random 1st. Im still dissapointed we weren't able to squeeze one especially since Stone was signing an extension with Vegas.
Brannstrom+2nd is good, but I agree, we easily should have gotten a 1st cause he agreed to an extension. They had their 2019 1st, and took Peyton Krebs at 17.

I still hate how we could have gotten Brannstrom+Krebs for him.

Reactions: DJB

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
4th overall pick mvp of the wjc 17 points, 6'4 can fly. Same age as Logan Brown, elite pedigree from an early age.
I loved him at the WJC but once he got to a place where he couldn’t do everything himself he was exposed. He has elite hockey stupidity.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

This team isnt remotely close to being a contender on any level. They dont have the talent just look at the pp. They dont have the talent coming in the system. If you want to be Arizona sure try and win now, look how its worked out for them.

This team is absolutely no where near being a contender. They are still 6th last in the league riding one of the hottest goalies in hockey with players playing the best hockey if their lives under 0 pressure and a new coach. This is not sustainable.

In February they have 15 games in 29 days. Its not going to stay like this.

Reactions: jehkob

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I loved him at the WJC but once he got to a place where he couldn’t do everything himself he was exposed. He has elite hockey stupidity.
Bad take, he was mismanaged and rushed into the NHL. Do you think the sens should give up on all its 21 year olds that arent producing as a top 6 player? Brown, Batherson etc.

Big players take longer to develop, Edmonton is horrible at development. You dont see a correlation?

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Bad take, he was mismanaged and rushed into the NHL. Do you think the sens should give up on all its 21 year olds that arent producing as a top 6 player? Brown, Batherson etc.

Big players take longer to develop, Edmonton is horrible at development. You dont see a correlation?
No correlation. He looks like a player who will show off tools but always leave you wondering why he doesn’t accomplish anything. As I said he has zero hockey sense IMO.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
No correlation. He looks like a player who will show off tools but always leave you wondering why he doesn’t accomplish anything. As I said he has zero hockey sense IMO.
Well even edmonton fans think there is a correlation. They absolutely rushed him, pretty hard for a reasonable person to say he wasnt. I dont give up on young players like so many do around here, if they have shown me certain aspects of their game and specifically if they are big. I was right about Nick Paul and I think Puljujarvi is similar just with more talent.

Artanis

Dec 1, 2011
Ottawa
If Pageau wants to play here through the rebuild, then I would 100% offer a contract. We need to have some players that will groom the young guys, and how to play the right way. Who better to do that than Pageau?
I would offer Duclair 2-3 years max, not enough of a track record.

Hainey / Ennis/ Anderson all go to the highest bidder.

FlabJack

Dec 30, 2012
Last year i was strongly against trading for Puljujärvi but looking at his work in the Finnish Liiga he could be a decent part of a deal. He has the stats (as of now 20 Gp, 11+12=23) but more than the stats i've been looking at the goals and primary passes he's made and he seems to be pretty confident and calm with the puck and showing good vision. Still, that being said, i wouldn't be ready to build a deal around him yet, especially for one of the Sens better trade assets, but he might be a risk worth taking. He's also been saying a lot of the right things, smart things about the game and his development in the media IMO, so maybe this whole experience in Liiga for a whole year is a real good thing for his development.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa

We're playing back up goalies every night against teams that are looking beyond us. The team isn't close to being a contender, let alone a playoff team. We probably need at least 4 D, 3 being top 4 guys and a legitimate scoring threat before we can claim to be competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad