Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-20 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Technically he met Stone before he made the NHL, if you wanna get technical.

I'm not trying to discount the impact that Matt and Keith (among others) have had on Brady, but I think it's also important to have veteran voices in the locker room who can help guide him (among others). It doesn't need to be an either/or scenario, but having someone going through the same grind, on the same team, in the same city who can be a veteran leader can only help BT. If Pageau can have the same impact on BT moving forward as Stone had during that 2/3rds of last season then it's a win for everyone.
100 percent agree.

Qward

Because! That's why!
Jul 23, 2010
Behind you, look out
I got a Score notification that he was being placed on waivers. Maybe it was incorrect or I misread.

If true, it might be the prelude to a trade. Ladd has a NTC, but he probably waives to come here I'd the alternative is spending 3.5 years in the AHL.

So more information came out. He was sent down for the conditioning, the team did not feel he was NHL ready yet so they had to waive him in order to keep him in the AHL.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
So with Cory Schneider on waivers today is there some kind of money move that makes sense moving forward?

Obviously some kind of Schneider/Ryan swap could make varying degrees of sense for both sides, but I was hoping to hear other options beyond the obvious elephant in the room.

EDIT: The more I look into the more I realize it has to be Ryan, Anisimov + Boekder + Anderson just doesn't move enough money out of Ottawa for it to work.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
So with Cory Schneider on waivers today is there some kind of money move that makes sense moving forward?

Obviously some kind of Schneider/Ryan swap could make varying degrees of sense for both sides, but I was hoping to hear other options beyond the obvious elephant in the room.

EDIT: The more I look into the more I realize it has to be Ryan, Anisimov + Boekder + Anderson just doesn't move enough money out of Ottawa for it to work.

well Ryan makes 7.25 million per year in his last 2 years
Schneider makes 6 million per year in his last 2 years

plus Schneider will help team tank

if we could find a deal for Anderson it would be worth it imo

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
Ryan + Anderson 50% retained for Schneider.

9.6M out and 6M in this year. Jersey has the space.

TheNewEra

Jul 10, 2013
If they continue to struggle Sheri will make a move. He is aggressive.

oh for sure but I don't think the solve would be getting Anderson or Ryan

thats a move to make in the most polite way of moving shit around, where we move our overpaid winger for their overpaid goalie. They have no need or reason to do us a favor and take Anderson in said deal

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Nilsson + Ryan for Schneider + prospect/pick

Ultimate tank move. Roll with Andy and Schneider all year to 31st.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
With Drouin out long term, I wonder if we could interest Montreal in one gently used Chris Tierney.

Something like Norlinder + 4th/5th for Tierney

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Feel like we missed the boat on trading Tierney. Should have sold high on him in the offseason.

Dude has been completely invisible this year. Be lucky to get a 2nd/3rd at this point.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
oh for sure but I don't think the solve would be getting Anderson or Ryan

thats a move to make in the most polite way of moving **** around, where we move our overpaid winger for their overpaid goalie. They have no need or reason to do us a favor and take Anderson in said deal
The is a large contingent who believe Anderson would be a nice upgrade in NJ. I don’t believe in him myself so I wouldn’t do this if I was Jersey.

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

I’d do it without prospect or pick. It would likely crush the spirit of the team but they can get over it.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Feel like we missed the boat on trading Tierney. Should have sold high on him in the offseason.

Dude has been completely invisible this year. Be lucky to get a 2nd/3rd at this point.

20 games doesn't really change much, a team looking for a good 3rd line C will give a 2nd. Tierney is still young and is a RFA, he can contribute offensively on the bottom 6. He's not a perfect player, he's slow and he has an average shot, but he's patient with the puck and can make passes. A team will take him for sure.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
20 games doesn't really change much, a team looking for a good 3rd line C will give a 2nd. Tierney is still young and is a RFA, he can contribute offensively on the bottom 6. He's not a perfect player, he's slow and he has an average shot, but he's patient with the puck and can make passes. A team will take him for sure.
Its not 20 games. Tierney has been really bad since about game 22 last year. He has 39 points in his last 80 games with only 9 goals. Those offensive numbers coupled with him being a very bad defensive player means he doesn't bring much value to anyone, which is why he keeps getting pushed down the lineup on one of the worst teams in hockey.

He's a place holder. I wouldn't expect a 2nd for him. I think his value is somewhere around 3rd + 5th. Some team who is severely banged up might be able to find him a role.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
Its not 20 games. Tierney has been really bad since about game 22 last year. He has 39 points in his last 80 games with only 9 goals. Those offensive numbers coupled with him being a very bad defensive player means he doesn't bring much value to anyone, which is why he keeps getting pushed down the lineup on one of the worst teams in hockey.

He's a place holder. I wouldn't expect a 2nd for him. I think his value is somewhere around 3rd + 5th. Some team who is severely banged up might be able to find him a role.
He's such a soft player at both ends, you really have to wonder if he's very appealing to a playoff team at all.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011

I think your expectations of him are much higher than they should be, probably because of the trade, but that's pretty decent 3rd liner production (40pts in 82 games) and I wouldn't consider he's played particularly well during this time as you said. He's average defensively, but it's certainly not helping him that he's either playing with rookies like Veronneau and Chlapik, tied up to Ryan, or he's completely outmatched when matched up against top lines without the proper linemates. He's kind of a bad fit here because of it, Pageau already fills this role succesfully. Put a 3rd line of Paul, Tierney and Brown with proper top 6 and you are in good shape... He'll setup his linemates and help keep possesion in the Ozone, Paul and Brown are very good defensively.

Again not saying he's as good as Pageau, not even close to that, but he's a 3rd line player and that has some value. He PKs as well.

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011

Be careful with that.

I get that folks desperately want to finish 31st. But, having a sieve in nets has a habit of screwing up your skaters, and forcing them to change their games. We do NOT want to do that with our young defense corps and young forwards. We don't need to screw up the kids. Find a different way to get to the bottom.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Would DeMello return a mid to late 2nd rd pick at the trade deadline? And would you trade him for that? I would.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Just seeing what Dzingel got who is a poor defensive player and soft, I think Tierney could get you a 2nd. Dizngel had the goals, but Tierney overall to my eyes looks like a much better player

robsenz

Apr 15, 2007
Just seeing what Dzingel got who is a poor defensive player and soft, I think Tierney could get you a 2nd. Dizngel had the goals, but Tierney overall to my eyes looks like a much better player

No question that right now Dzingel is better than Tierney, only advantage Tierney really has is being a Center which makes him more defensively responsible, which I guess there is value in that, but still less than Dzingel imo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad