Proposal: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2019-20 Part II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
Understatement of the month right here.

Same guy who said this in September:

Wasn't that corroborated by some major outlets though? Maybe I'm misremembering. That said, I wouldn't take that twitter guy as a reliable resource.... those "insights" are pretty easy guesses in that they both make sense, even if they arent true.

Reactions: NB613

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
With Drouin out long term, I wonder if we could interest Montreal in one gently used Chris Tierney.

Something like Norlinder + 4th/5th for Tierney

Feels like Norlinder is pretty redundant for us. If/when we trade Tierney, I think we should go for picks. Too many prospects as it is. If we're gonna trade for a prospect, I'd look at an AHL DMan like Menell, C. Jones, Aho, etc.

harrisb

Oct 6, 2009
Dreger on TSN690 saying that if the sens don't manage to get Pageau resigned, he's hearing rumblings of the package for a trade is a 1st rounder plus something.
Trade him and sign him in the summer. Also trade Tierney. Will accomplish two things, more picks/prospects and will assist with the tank

edit: should have said 3 things, eliminates contracts too

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014
Pageau 39th in the league Cs in pts for 31 teams
Not bad for a 3C

Also, since when Mike Hoffman became a C or is it an error on NHL website?

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Dreger on TSN690 saying that if the sens don't manage to get Pageau resigned, he's hearing rumblings of the package for a trade is a 1st rounder plus something.

That’s nice and all for Dreger to say that but we didn’t even get a first for Stone.

I agree that if we trade Pageau a first is necessary but it’s Dorion here. We’ve seen him struggle mightily in augmenting players trade value.

That being said I’d be surprised if we don’t sign Pageau. Dorion loves him

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
That’s nice and all for Dreger to say that but we didn’t even get a first for Stone.

I agree that if we trade Pageau a first is necessary but it’s Dorion here. We’ve seen him struggle mightily in augmenting players trade value.

The Stone trade is a tired argument. Vegas did not have a 1st and Brannstrom was coveted by Dorion. Stone said Vegas was the only team other than Ottawa with which he would sign before UFA. Circumstances sometimes dictate return. I have no doubts anymore that we could get a protected 1st for Pageau if we move him soon.

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
The Stone trade is a tired argument. Vegas did not have a 1st and Brannstrom was coveted by Dorion. Stone said Vegas was the only team other than Ottawa with which he would sign before UFA. Circumstances sometimes dictate return. I have no doubts anymore that we could get a protected 1st for Pageau if we move him soon.

While I agree Brannstrom was coveted, did Vegas not own a 2020 1st?

Also if that Stone quote was said before the trade it would hold merit however it was not so it’s worthless.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Pageau 39th in the league Cs in pts for 31 teams
Not bad for a 3C

Also, since when Mike Hoffman became a C or is it an error on NHL website?

His grand total of 5 faceoffs taken this season, and career total of less than 150 suggest he is currently and always has been deployed as a winger.

Reactions: Alex1234

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018

Saying "we didn't even get a 1st for Stone" is like saying the Devils didn't even get a 1st for Larsson. Technically true, but ignores the fact that they could have gotten a 1st but chose an asset that they saw as far more desirable. It also ignores the fact that we already got a 1st ++ for a player who was worse than Stone...

GCK

Oct 15, 2018

Also if that Stone quote was said before the trade it would hold merit however it was not so it’s worthless.
Yes Vegas had their 1st in 2020. Not many GMs want to wait 16 months before they have an asset from a trade of a player like Stone. Why is the Stone quote worthless. It’s obvious they had conversations before the trade with Stone’s agent. Are you saying Stone is lying ?

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Pretty sure we valued Brannstrom higher than a protected 2020 first, so not sure how much relevance not getting a 1st for Stone really has.

Reactions: NB613 and GCK

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa

I expect JGP to be re-signed ASAP at above market value as that is the last thing the Sens should be doing in their current situation, and they have proven not to learn from anything and certainly not past mistakes.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

Stone isn't comparable. We probably could have had a 1st for him as a rental. We took Brannstrom who was more valuable than a typical late 1st.

We got two 2nds for Dzingel. I'd be happy with two 2nds for Pageau as a rental.

We should deal Pageau soon. He is hot right now. He is healthy. Sell high.

I'm sure the team will go through the negotiation process, but it's a formality. Pageau is staring at a 6x6 deal as a UFA because of how he is playing and the rising cap. He could also go to a contender.

If Pageau is the type of guy to value being the captain, we could offer him that. We are the only team in the NHL that could offer in the short term to make him a face of the franchise. If he signs anywhere else, he's just a guy.

A 2020 1st would be nice. Although, I like the idea of gambling with a protected 2021 1st in hopes that things will go bad for the team that acquires Pageau and the 2021 1st can roll over into an unprotected 2022 1st.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
I expect JGP to be re-signed ASAP at above market value as that is the last thing the Sens should be doing in their current situation, and they have proven not to learn from anything and certainly not past mistakes.

We will offer him 6 years at 5M give or take a few 100k.

He will turn it down. Similar to the 6 x 4.XX offer we made to Dzingel when Dzingel was hot enough to look like he might get a better UFA offer. (He cooled down in CBJ and didn't get a better offer)

Then the Senators are in a position where they can deal Pageau for a pick and a young player without having the burden of choosing to trade Pageau because it will have been Pageau who didn't re-sign.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

Brannstrom is worth more than a late first and they got a 2nd. Its not close to the same package that Stone got.

If the sens are getting a 1st plus for Pageau they could leverage two teams against one another. Trade Pageau for the best package and flip Tierney to the second team for something similar.

Reactions: TkachukNorris79
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad