Rumor: Trade Rumors/Proposals 2018-2019 (Part 19)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013
We're above the cap floor right now...and that's without White signed.

Doesn't seem like there's any reason to make any more trades. There's only so many higher cap, lower salary trades that can be made.

Shedding further cash would be the reason. We don't know what the internal budget is for the next two seasons, so a trade around Ryan for a cap dump might free up money for BOTH this year and next.

Lucic for Ryan alone frees up millions over the lifetime of both contracts. Depending on the timing of Ryan's bonus we could be looking at 4.5M this year and 3.5M next year.

That 3.5M next year might enable us to keep or acquire another player. I know Ryan stayed healthy for most of last season but if I were the Senators I would be pencilling in that as the exception to the rule. After spending 2.5 years constantly hurt or playing hurt, I would gamble on that continuing going forward and Ryan not being expected to contribute much even if he is a 35-45 type middle 6 scorer when healthy.

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
Reading through these trade threads makes me think we are children counting our change to go to the general store for penny candy and not following what is supposed to be a professional NHL sports franchise, hope this nightmare ends one way or another soon and we can all get back to focusing on on-ice scenarios as oppose to rightly focusing on the balance sheets!

Reactions: Nac Mac Feegle

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Smith for Anisimov came 1 day after AA's signing bonus was paid.
Lucic's signing bonus is (reportedly) being paid today.
Gonna go out on a limb and say the Sens acquire Lucic (and maybe another dump like Manning?) in the next day or two with Bobby Ryan and Mike Condon headed out the door.

I hope Drion drives them to the airport and inadvertently accompanies them onto the plane.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Reading through these trade threads makes me think we are children counting our change to go to the general store for penny candy and not following what is supposed to be a professional NHL sports franchise, hope this nightmare ends one way or another soon and we can all get back to focusing on on-ice scenarios as oppose to rightly focusing on the balance sheets!

That may be a looooooooooooooooooooooong wait given the "team" Dorion is assembling.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008

I miss making up fake trade scenarios without having to think about "money in/money out" or signing bonus implications.

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
I miss making up fake trade scenarios without having to think about "money in/money out" or signing bonus implications.

Ditto, I mean they were never very realistic but having Eugene's actions and words squash out any slight glimmer of hope that any fan might have had that perhaps one day should things go right we may have the opportunity to maybe be slightly competitive.

On the plus side, on average id wager this fan base in particular has very strong knowledge of all things finance wise as it relates to the NHL and current CBA, id go as far as say that there are some/many on here who are legit experts...of course by necessity due to cheering for the Sens!

Upgrayedd

Earn'em and Burn'em
Oct 14, 2010
Ottawa
That may be a looooooooooooooooooooooong wait given the "team" Dorion is assembling.

Even longer when you consider, should no ownership change occur, even if we were to luck in and have our name called for any of the lottery spots over the next 2 seasons, and should those players meet their high expectations....they would only be here for the entry level contract as Eugene obviously can't/won't pay for any substantial contracts. Imo had we lucked out and won the McDavid lottery, he too would have been traded due to his inevitably well earned contract.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
On the plus side, on average id wager this fan base in particular has very strong knowledge of all things finance wise as it relates to the NHL and current CBA, id go as far as say that there are some/many on here who are legit experts...of course by necessity due to cheering for the Sens!

I'm waiting for @danielpalfredsson to announce his capologist gig anytime now.

Reactions: Upgrayedd

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Smith for Anisimov came 1 day after AA's signing bonus was paid.
Lucic's signing bonus is (reportedly) being paid today.
Gonna go out on a limb and say the Sens acquire Lucic (and maybe another dump like Manning?) in the next day or two with Bobby Ryan and Mike Condon headed out the door.
hope your wrong. Please say no to Lucic.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
At 29 years old and coming off a 35 pt season, what do you think we can get for UFA Boedker?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
At 29 years old and coming off a 35 pt season, what do you think we can get for UFA Boedker?

Last deadline Wayne Simmonds went for Hartman (went unqualified) and a 4th round pick. Derrick Brassard moved (along with a 6th) for a 3rd. Nate Thompson and a 5th went for a 4th. I would guess very little honestly.

I had hope we'd be able to flip him out for a 2nd/3rd when we traded for him, but he looks pretty toast at this point. I'm not sure what he would actually add to a contender when he has a hard time finding a role on a last place team.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Last deadline Wayne Simmonds went for Hartman (went unqualified) and a 4th round pick. Derrick Brassard moved (along with a 6th) for a 3rd. Nate Thompson and a 5th went for a 4th. I would guess very little honestly.

I had hope we'd be able to flip him out for a 2nd/3rd when we traded for him, but he looks pretty toast at this point. I'm not sure what he would actually add to a contender when he has a hard time finding a role on a last place team.

I mean he should definitely have more value than Nate ****ing Thompson. So maybe a 4th?

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I mean he should definitely have more value than Nate ****ing Thompson. So maybe a 4th?

Brassard probably didn't even go for that kind of value given the Panthers had to toss in another pick.

A 4th seems high at this point, but lots can change in ~half a season if he finds himself in an offensive role (for some reason).

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Brassard probably didn't even go for that kind of value given the Panthers had to toss in another pick.

A 4th seems high at this point, but lots can change in ~half a season if he finds himself in an offensive role (for some reason).
FWIW, Brassard was producing at a lesser clip than Boedker last season. In a league full of recency bias, that probably lowered his value a lot.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
FWIW, Brassard was producing at a lesser clip than Boedker last season. In a league full of recency bias, that probably lowered his value a lot.

Brassard was one year removed from 45+ points and wasn't pacing THAT much lower than Boedkker was pre-deadline. He also plays the more valuable position and has the more proven playoff track record.

I think that deal is about as much as we could reasonably expect for Boedker without some kind of miraculous turnaround this season.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Brassard was one year removed from 45+ points and wasn't pacing THAT much lower than Boedkker was pre-deadline. He also plays the more valuable position and has the more proven playoff track record.

I think that deal is about as much as we could reasonably expect for Boedker without some kind of miraculous turnaround this season.

Honestly if we get a 6th for him that's a win in my books. He's hot trash.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
Yeah, I can't see Boedker returning anything. He's healthy scratch material for us and we probably have the worst group of forwards in the NHL. Maybe some "future considerations" or he gets picked up on waivers around the deadline.

Reactions: Cosmix

MatchesMalone

Formerly Innocent Bystander
Aug 29, 2010
Boedker is a consistent 30 point-scorer. As long as he keeps up that pace this year we'll be able to get a late round pick (or similar valued prospect) for him from a lower-ranked playoff team at the deadline.

Hainsey and Boedker are going to be the two most likely to be moved at the deadline.

Pageau and DeMelo would return far greater value, but I'd much rather we re-sign them, if possible. Probably at least one of them will go.

Can't imagine we'll get anything for Ennis or Borowiecki.

Reactions: NB613
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad