Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Will Chia get us an Xmas gift?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Old Boys Club

Anita Max Wynn
Nov 3, 2013
I'm pretty high on Shattenkirk as well. Is he even available? He would be huge for the Oilers.

I doubt it, but you never know. Blues aren't as dominant of a team as they were last year and might want to shake things up, especially since they are in a very difficult division. They could probably survive moving Shattenkirk as they have Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester on their top pairing along with Parayko who looks very promising. Even if he is available though, he will cost a lot plus he will have to be re-signed as a pending UFA after next season.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
Right now I think the only option for the Oilers bringing in a top-end defence man is to offer up the first rounder and see what it gets you. Too many injuries up front to move any of the top guys, obviously not enough depth on the backend to detract anything from there.

If Winnipeg would fall out of it, Byfuglien would be nice (if they could make it work with the cap).

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Right now I think the only option for the Oilers bringing in a top-end defence man is to offer up the first rounder and see what it gets you. Too many injuries up front to move any of the top guys, obviously not enough depth on the backend to detract anything from there.

If Winnipeg would fall out of it, Byfuglien would be nice (if they could make it work with the cap).

apparently Buff wants a 8yr deal @ 55M ... Contract situation alone makes Hamonic more attractive than Byfuglien and Shattenkirk.

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
apparently Buff wants a 8yr deal @ 55M ... Contract situation alone makes Hamonic more attractive than Byfuglien and Shattenkirk.

I just don't see Harmonic getting done, I don't think the Oilers have what New York wants.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
At this point I'd happily replace Schultz with Larsen for next year.

You're likely going to get the same role and production, but at least it would only cost about 1/4 :laugh:

But seriously. Trade the 1st for guy that can take top pairing minutes. Replace Schultz with Larsen and have him as a platton with Fayne depending on matchup.

Klefbom-Myers/Hamonic
Nurse-Sekera
Davidson-Fayne
Larsen

Reinhart as your main callup
Musil, Simpson, Lelaggia and Oesterle or wavier wire pickups as your other options

Last edited:

syz

[1, 5, 6, 14]
Jul 13, 2007
At this point I'd happily replace Schultz with Larsen for next year.

You're likely going to get the same role and production, but at least it would only cost about 1/4 :laugh:

But seriously. Trade the 1st for guy that can take top pairing minutes. Replace Schultz with Larsen and have him as a platton with Fayne depending on matchup.

Klefbom-Myers/Hamonic
Nurse-Sekera
Davidson-Fayne
Larsen

Reinhart as you're main callup
Musil, Simpson, Lelaggia and Oesterle or wavier wire pickups as your other options

Myers can't take top pairing minutes.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
Myers can't take top pairing minutes.

Idk I view him as a rich man's Petry. I think it comes down to what's required of him. He can't lead an offence, but he does have some talent, and as a complement to Klefbom I think he's a near perfect fit.

Perhaps I haven't watched him enough, and am still believing in the old hype, but I do prefer him to Hamonic. More offence, and less injuries (concussions, and with Hamonic's style that's a concern).

Hamonic's a better shutdown defenceman, but his lack of offence scares me when we look at the top pairing role, especially as a partner for Klefbom. While Oskar's very good and I love the guy, he isn't someone who can be a one man show like a Karlson or OEL in terms of generating offence from the backend.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
I doubt it, but you never know. Blues aren't as dominant of a team as they were last year and might want to shake things up, especially since they are in a very difficult division. They could probably survive moving Shattenkirk as they have Pietrangelo and Bouwmeester on their top pairing along with Parayko who looks very promising. Even if he is available though, he will cost a lot plus he will have to be re-signed as a pending UFA after next season.

My dream trade with the blues would be something like RNH+ for Pietrangelo, but that would never happen lol.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
A few thoughts. I went over to the Arizona forum. A few of them seem ready to trade Hanzal.
They seem to think he would fetch more than Tangle did. That was funny to me. We know all about injury prone forwards and trade value.

Hanzal would be a fantastic fit if Nuge is traded for D.

And this:
Yak
2nd round pick to Washington
For
Wilson
3rd round pick
He'll come in like a wrecking ball.

Can play well enough to step up onto McDavid's line in a pinch if needed. I do not know what Washington would want though.

I also would ask the Leafs about Komarov. He recently learned how to put up points.
Claim Stoll for right handed faceoffs and hope he is alright on the PP point.

Hall Drai Purcell
Pouliot McDavid Eberle
Korpikoski Hanzal Wilson/Komarov
Hendricks Letestu Stoll

Looks pretty nice to me. Lots of players who can win a draw.

Assuming Purcell is willing to sign for another year or two for cheap.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
A few thoughts. I went over to the Arizona forum. A few of them seem ready to trade Hanzal.
They seem to think he would fetch more than Tangle did. That was funny to me. We know all about injury prone forwards and trade value.

And this:
Yak
For
Wilson
3rd round pick

Can play well enough to step up onto McDavid's line in a pinch if needed. I do not know what Washington would want though.

I also would ask the Leafs about Komarov. He recently learned how to put up points.

Hall Drai Purcell
Pouliot McDavid Eberle
Hendricks Letestu Stoll

This has got to be a joke, right? Career high 17 points Wilson and he returns Yakupov and a better draft pick......Jesus Christ.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Patrick Wiercioch (3 assists in 23 GP)

for

Justin Schultz (3 assists in 17 GP)

Change of scenery move? Our own Scuderi for Daley?

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Patrick Wiercioch (3 assists in 23 GP)

for

Justin Schultz (3 assists in 17 GP)

Change of scenery move? Our own Scuderi for Daley?

You could have made the return from Ottawa "bag of pucks" and i'd agree with you. Just getting his cap hit off the team is a win.

Bangers

May 31, 2006
You could have made the return from Ottawa "bag of pucks" and i'd agree with you. Just getting his cap hit off the team is a win.

So removing one of the few NHL level defenders from an injury-weakened defence to save cap money that is in no way going to be spent mid-season is a good move?

He is RFA at the end of the year and can just be let go if the team feels they can upgrade with the cap space he takes up.

s7ark

RIP
Jul 3, 2003

I don't see it. Schultz isn't putting up the points, but he's much better defensively. He isn't bleeding goals anymore and this team has lacked D that can play top 4 minutes and not do that. The team started playing better when Schultz came back. Maybe he isn't worth his salary, but the team is better off with him than without. Unlike some previous seasons.

Losing him for nothing doesn't improve the team.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
This offseason I'd like to retool our bottom 6. For some reason we don't really have a player who actually hits. Letestu, Hendricks, Pak, Korpse don't throw many hits.

Against Boston you saw them laying the body absolutely every single chance they could. Our team was scared to do anything. Throwing the puck away as soon as possible before they could line up more hits. Hell even Connolly was laying people out in our zone on the forecheck. We have none of that.

I'd love to target players like Clutterbuck and Tootoo. Good for 15-20 points, fighting, intimidating, and actually able to play hockey. Gaz isn't a hockey player.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

And this:
Yak
For
Wilson
3rd round pick

Hall Drai Purcell
Pouliot McDavid Eberle
Hendricks Letestu Stoll

I'd add Hanzal and keep Hopkins. Draisaitl is just fine on the wing and it gives us an extra center in case of injury. We can get a quality dman without giving up Nuge, it happens all the time.

Also that Yakupov for Wilson trade is just gross.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010
I don't see it. Schultz isn't putting up the points, but he's much better defensively. He isn't bleeding goals anymore and this team has lacked D that can play top 4 minutes and not do that. The team started playing better when Schultz came back. Maybe he isn't worth his salary, but the team is better off with him than without. Unlike some previous seasons.

Losing him for nothing doesn't improve the team.

:handclap:

Take him off the PP though. He's much better at evens and Klefbom plays better with him than any of our other depth D. The guy's improving and taking his criticisms to heart, you should have time for a guy like that. I'd look for an upgrade too, but he isn't hurting us as much as someone coming up from the AHL would.

Broilers

May 31, 2007
Bakersfield
RNH for Hanzal and Samuelsson

RNH for Simmonds and Laughton

RNH for Zibnejad and Lazar

I think all of those deals would help balance out the top 9 and the Oilers would improve as a team going forward. Some of Eberle/Yak/Schultz/Reinhart/picks/prospects can be used to bring in a defenseman.
:amazed:
Pretty bad deals. RNH for Jones

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
Never talked about, but what the hell are we going to do with Nilsson if he keeps playing like a legit starter? I don't know how great the UFA market is, but does Nilsson become an offer sheet target?

PaPaDee

5-14-6-1
Sep 21, 2005
Saskazoo
Never talked about, but what the hell are we going to do with Nilsson if he keeps playing like a legit starter? I don't know how great the UFA market is, but does Nilsson become an offer sheet target?

I can't see a lot of teams willing to throw big $ at an offer sheet for a guy who really is still very unproven at the NHL level.

Halibut

Jul 24, 2010
I can't see a lot of teams willing to throw big $ at an offer sheet for a guy who really is still very unproven at the NHL level.

Definitely. Nobody will offer sheet him because they wont pay him much yet and we'd match instantly. A goaltender having a good season isnt that big a thing, the next one could easily be crappy, when they start stringing two or three together showing some consistency then you have something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad