Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Will Chia get us an Xmas gift?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
If it was a top 5 protected pick and Komorov was signed for a few years then hell why not. If he can continue his play like he is now then he would be great to have.

I think he has a couple more years, no? I don't know how much center he plays anymore, but he would be a pretty good fit on this club.

I don't see Toronto moving him unless he's threatening to go back to the KHL though or if it's an overpayment.

joestevens29

Apr 30, 2009
I don't really have a problem going into next season with McDavid and Drai as our #1 and #2. Regardless of his lack of experience, McDavid is a #1C. Drai does well with Hall, so as long as those two stay together, it should be ok.

Despite all the talent on forward, it's just not working and some guys (RNH/Eberle most likely) have to go.

I see three scenarios.

1. We do absolutely nothing. We do nothing and hope that with the return of McDavid and Yak and the growth of Klef/Nurse/Davidson/Reinhart that we are good enough to be a playoff team next year.

2. We try make a move to balance our club and get that help on defense.

3. We design a club similar to our 7-5 win against New York. We just go to an old style run and gun hockey and hope our offense is better than the other team.

ClydeGuy

Jun 6, 2009
You'd be surprised how many here think Crosby isn't worth Nuge or even Yak during his McDavid run:laugh:

While I agree about Yak, I'd be cautious about trading RNH for him. His health has to be a real concern right now.

Under normal circumstances yes of course I'd trade RNH for Crosby (who wouldn't), but considering the Crosby's play this year and him being IR'ed I'd be leery of giving up a lot for him.

Compgod

Jun 22, 2015
I see three scenarios.

1. We do absolutely nothing. We do nothing and hope that with the return of McDavid and Yak and the growth of Klef/Nurse/Davidson/Reinhart that we are good enough to be a playoff team next year.

2. We try make a move to balance our club and get that help on defense.

3. We design a club similar to our 7-5 win against New York. We just go to an old style run and gun hockey and hope our offense is better than the other team.

I'll take #3, 80's revival please

Jumptheshark

Rebooting myself
Oct 12, 2003
Somewhere on Uranus
Looks like both boards has a deal they could live with

RNH and Schultz for Jones and Collin Wilson

contracts more or less line up

Wilson is struggling this year--but he is a serviceable Center and has 400 nhl games under his belt

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Wilson is struggling this year--but he is a serviceable Center and has 400 nhl games under his belt

I'd do it once McDavid got healthy. Scary, but our D should be in a pretty good spot after that.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie

Don't mind it just a little worried about having both Wilson and Pouliot who are better suited for the 3rd line making 4m + for the next few years. Value wise think it's fine maybe even favours EDM a bit.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
I think Chia might surprise some people and trade Pou at the deadline this year.

If that's the case I don't mind it, going into next year a top 6 of

Hall - Drai - Purcell/FA
Wilson - McDavid - Eberle

Is pretty strong, actually think Wilson would fit better with Eberle and McDavid then Pouliot, has a little more edge to his game and Pouliot so far hasn't been anywhere close to the player he was last year, his passing and stick handling have been absent this year.

KeithIsActuallyBad

You thrust your pelvis, huh!
Apr 12, 2010
Calgary
I don't get this obsession with dealing away RNH. He's absolutely struggling but this team has had an inane history of dealing centers away and never replacing them. Drai's starting to tail off a bit here and McDavid should not be the #1 center. Not yet.

I know we need defensemen but creating holes to plug up others is something this org has done a lot and that's part of the reason we are where we are.

oilers4life5

Nov 6, 2007
City of Champions

Hall - Drai - Purcell/FA

Is pretty strong, actually think Wilson would fit better with Eberle and McDavid then Pouliot, has a little more edge to his game and Pouliot so far hasn't been anywhere close to the player he was last year, his passing and stick handling have been absent this year.

What happened to Yak?

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
I don't get this obsession with dealing away RNH. He's absolutely struggling but this team has had an inane history of dealing centers away and never replacing them. Drai's starting to tail off a bit here and McDavid should not be the #1 center. Not yet.

I know we need defensemen but creating holes to plug up others is something this org has done a lot and that's part of the reason we are where we are.

Should have prefaced my earlier post with if we are going to trade RNH that is a deal I would do, I strongly in the camp of keep all the centres and deal one or two of Ebs/Yak/'16 1st for D help.

Personally I wanna see Drai stay on this level for at least a full season and ideally two before we even consider trading RNH, just look at my post in last GDT I spent the whole game defending him.

McOilers97

Jan 10, 2012

If Nashville would accept, I'm down for that.

In a trade to move out RNH, there are 2 things that I want:
- a d-man to play in the top 4
- a veteran 3C with some size that can move up the lineup as required and provide ~40 points

This trade fits the bill.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I'm still not sold on Purcell. Every time I see him good I remind myself it's a contract year and he still looks a step behind a lot of the time.
That's fair. But this year, he is better then Yak is and absolutely a top 6 guy.

This year though, just this one.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011

Hall - Drai - Purcell/FA

Purcell in your top 6 for next year lol

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
He is as much of a top 6 forward as friggin Purcell

This year Purcell has been better... He is better defensively and is a lot less of a spaz with the puck allowing Hall and Drai to play there game, as I said in last post I would rather neither Purcell or Yak in my top 6. If we could somehow address our D with Yak + '16 1st I would have a top 6 of....
Hall - RNH - Drai
Pou/FA -McDavid - Ebs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad