Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Will Chia get us an Xmas gift?

Status
Not open for further replies.

oil Leaks

The Ultimate Decoy
Jul 5, 2011
This year Purcell has been better... He is better defensively and is a lot less of a spaz with the puck allowing Hall and Drai to play there game, as I said in last post I would rather neither Purcell or Yak in my top 6. If we could somehow address our D with Yak + '16 1st I would have a top 6 of....
Hall - RNH - Drai
Pou/FA -McDavid - Ebs

Softest top 6 in the league.

McDeathbyCheerios*

This year Purcell has been better... He is better defensively and is a lot less of a spaz with the puck allowing Hall and Drai to play there game, as I said in last post I would rather neither Purcell or Yak in my top 6. If we could somehow address our D with Yak + '16 1st I would have a top 6 of....
Hall - RNH - Drai
Pou/FA -McDavid - Ebs
I don't see them moving Drai back to wing honestly. I think McLellan might try McDavid with RNH on the wing.

McDeathbyCheerios*

I would be fine with that too. Ideally Pouliot and Purcell are out of the top 6 and a true PWF replaces him.
I'm not a fan of having an entire line having all the shooters shooting the same side.

If your wingers are both left shots your center should ideally be a righty.

McDeathbyCheerios*

Can't see the Preds doing that.

I really wonder exactly what Poile thinks a 1C is worth if the best pieces he's offering are Ellis and picks/prospects.
Unless we move RNH for Ellis and Wilson+ and then move Ellis+ for Hamonic

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
Would Yakupov + Shultz give Komarov?

Komarov is that type of player that Oilers need, he is a pf that can play.

Hall - McDavid - Komarov

McDeathbyCheerios*

RNH, Lander for Ellis, Wilson, Hodgson, 2nd

Ellis, Musil, 1st for Hamonic

Hall - Drai - Purcell
Pouliot - McDavid - Eberle
Hendricks - Wilson - Yak
Korpi - Letetsu - Hodgson

Klefbom - Hamonic
Nurse - Sekera
Davidson - Schultz

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie

Hall - Drai - Purcell
Hendricks - Wilson - Yak

Klefbom - Hamonic
Nurse - Sekera
Davidson - Schultz

That is selling SO low on RNH...

Wilson is a 3rd liner who is struggling big time... Ellis is a #4 Dman that would never be the centre piece to flip for Hamonic and Hodgson has no place on this Oilers roster. Generally like your proposals but this one is god awful.

Last edited:

McDeathbyCheerios*

Wilson is a 3rd liner who is struggling big time... Ellis is a #4 Dman that would never be the centre piece to flip for Hamonic and Hodgson has no place on this Oilers roster. Generally like your proposals but this one is god awful.
It's selling a little low but if moving RNH, Lander, Musil, 1st gets you Hamonic, Wilson, Hodgson, 2nd... It doesn't look so bad. And to be fair, RNH is struggling as well.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
The timing of the RNH rumour couldn't be worse.

His value is probably at its lowest so of course all I see are lowball offers and fans wanting him gone.

Pass. Move Eberle still. Let NSH keep inquiring, only guy I consider moving RNH+ for is if Josi is heading back

McDeathbyCheerios*

To break it down value wise....

EDM gives

#1 C locked up long term
Top 10 pick
#4C
C prospect

Edmonton gets

#2 Dman
3rd line winger
13th forward
Mid-Late 2nd round pick
That's a bit wrong to be honest.

Edmonton gives up..
Top 6 center signed long term
Top 10 pick
4 C
D Prospect

We get
Top pairing d signed long term
A middle 6 center
Bottom six forward
Late 2nd

It's actually pretty even. We lose slightly but we are a better team afterwards.

McDeathbyCheerios*

His value is probably at its lowest so of course all I see are lowball offers and fans wanting him gone.

Pass. Move Eberle still. Let NSH keep inquiring, only guy I consider moving RNH+ for is if Josi is heading back
RNH still has more value than Eberle

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
It's selling a little low but if moving RNH, Lander, Musil, 1st gets you Hamonic, Wilson, Hodgson, 2nd... It doesn't look so bad. And to be fair, RNH is struggling as well.

His struggling is still producing at a 55+ point pace while facing the other teams top lines whenever Todd can get them out against them.

McDeathbyCheerios*

break it down value wise....

EDM gives

#1 C locked up long term
Top 10 pick
#4C
C prospect

Edmonton gets

#2 Dman
3rd line winger
13th forward
Mid-Late 2nd round pick

His struggling is still producing at a 55+ point pace while facing the other teams top lines whenever Todd can get them out against them.
RNH < Hamonic
Lander < Wilson
Musil < Hodgson
1st >>> 2nd

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
In what world does Cody Hodgson have any value?

Musil has more value and he's not even a great prospect.

OnTheBrink

Apr 19, 2013
Airdrie
That's a bit wrong to be honest.

Edmonton gives up..
Top 6 center signed long term
Top 10 pick
4 C
D Prospect

We get
Top pairing d signed long term
A middle 6 center
Bottom six forward
Late 2nd

It's actually pretty even. We lose slightly but we are a better team afterwards.

I guess we just value the players in that deal differently

I see it as ranking in most valuable asset to least on both sides

RNH >= Hamonic
Top 10 pick >>>>>>>>>>> Wilson
Lander = Hodgson (who would do nothing for this team at last Lander wins draws)
Late 2nd >> Musil

If you wanna talk RNH for Hamonic with small adds that at least makes sense to me, but I am not as high on Hamonic as other's the Isles were not good defensively until Leddy and Boychuck came over and that was at a time when the east was a lot easier.

Also I'm not willing to add a top 10 pick to RNH for a #2 Dman and player that can be easily picked up in FA.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012

RNH for Jones is selling low?? It's been proposed plenty of times, even in the past, and it makes sense. Both teams take a reasonable amount of risk, but it's fair.

oilz89*

Hall - Drai - Purcell
Hendricks - Wilson - Yak

Klefbom - Hamonic
Nurse - Sekera
Davidson - Schultz

or heck switch ellis with jones. I'd trade Jones then for Hamonic. Rather have Hamonic whos proven, a leader, and can lead a young d core

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
RNH for Jones is selling low?? It's been proposed plenty of times, even in the past, and it makes sense. Both teams take a reasonable amount of risk, but it's fair.

What's NSH's risk? They get a solid top six C that can play a two-way game and still has his best years ahead of him. Still have great D depth regardless.

We get a guy who hasn't played tough competition yet who's lost his scoring ability for the last 15 GP who MIGHT be a No.1 or 2 in 2 years.

I like the potential of Jones, but Oiler fans are getting caught in the hype. The potential of Jones isn't worth the asking price in my opinion. I bet NSH doesn't even move Jones unless it's RNH+

McDeathbyCheerios*

I guess we just value the players in that deal differently

I see it as ranking in most valuable asset to least on both sides

RNH >= Hamonic
Top 10 pick >>>>>>>>>>> Wilson
Lander = Hodgson (who would do nothing for this team at last Lander wins draws)
Late 2nd >> Musil

If you wanna talk RNH for Hamonic with small adds that at least makes sense to me, but I am not as high on Hamonic as other's the Isles were not good defensively until Leddy and Boychuck came over and that was at a time when the east was a lot easier.

Also I'm not willing to add a top 10 pick to RNH for a #2 Dman and player that can be easily picked up in FA.
The Islanders problems was they had a very shallow d core and Hamonic was still young. Hamonic is 25 now and a legit player. Adding the depth made them a better team.

My reasoning for the 3 way trade was I can see the Islanders needing RNH and it was a way for teams to come out winners.

McDeathbyCheerios*

What's NSH's risk? They get a solid top six C that can play a two-way game and still has his best years ahead of him. Still have great D depth regardless.

We get a guy who hasn't played tough competition yet who's lost his scoring ability for the last 15 GP who MIGHT be a No.1 or 2 in 2 years.

I like the potential of Jones, but Oiler fans are getting caught in the hype. The potential of Jones isn't worth the asking price in my opinion. I bet NSH doesn't even move Jones unless it's RNH+
To be fair, the majority of Nashville is struggling offensively this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad