Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Will Chia get us an Xmas gift?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

oilz89*

Penguins are in on Enstrom.. Why the **** aren't we trying for him?? He's a top 4 dman

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Penguins are in on Enstrom.. Why the **** aren't we trying for him?? He's a top 4 dman

He's also 31, small, with a close to 6 million dollar cap hit for three more years, is a left shot, and wouldn't help our powerplay one iota. Adding him would be okay, but we'd need to clear money out, and we could pretty much say goodbye to any other defensive upgrades this summer.

We have a better, younger version of him in Sekera.

oilz89*

He's also 31, small, with a close to 6 million dollar cap hit for three more years, is a left shot, and wouldn't help our powerplay one iota. Adding him would be okay, but we'd need to clear money out, and we could pretty much say goodbye to any other defensive upgrades this summer.

We have a better, younger version of him in Sekera.

We also need a replacement for Klef and it isnt that **** stain NN. Btw why is that turd Schultz on the pp?? Put Davidson on it or Move Sekera up

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
We also need a replacement for Klef and it isnt that **** stain NN. Btw why is that turd Schultz on the pp?? Put Davidson on it or Move Sekera up

Klefbom could be in as early as Monday. I don't see Enstrom as a solution to our problems. He's fourth in ice time for the Jets, behind Buff, Myers, and Trouba. He wouldn't be an improvement Sekera or Klef and is getting paid huge money. He's like a tiny little Phaneuf.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
No thanks to Enstrom. There are far better targets out there. We should only be targeting RHD unless a lefty becomes available that is too good to ignore. All our half decent d and depth are lefties. Most of our prospects are lefties. Not to mention all of our impact forwards other than Eberle shoot left as well.

The Nuge

Some say…
Jan 26, 2011
British Columbia
I don't see why we would be in on Enstrom. We don't need a bottom 4 dman. We need a top pairing dman to take Schultz's spot in the top 4. If we went and got Enstrom, we'd still need to get another dman, and Enstrom isn't someone you want to bring in to play bottom pairing.

Jet Walters

May 15, 2013
I don't see why we would be in on Enstrom. We don't need a bottom 4 dman. We need a top pairing dman to take Schultz's spot in the top 4. If we went and got Enstrom, we'd still need to get another dman, and Enstrom isn't someone you want to bring in to play bottom pairing.

I agree. He's basically a Sekera level D which is still very good, but the Oilers really need someone who knocks everyone down a peg on the depth chart. Someone who fits these criteria.

1. Better overall game than anyone on the roster.

2. Right handed

3. Physical

As long as the guy fits criteria #1 I wouldn't be to picky about handedness or what level of "snarl" he possesses. All three would be ideal though.

shoop

Jul 6, 2008
Edmonton
Dont see why the Oilers would be in on Stammmer. Makes zero sense to me.

Makes no sense period. The Oilers do not need another top-end centre given what it would take to get him.

Doesn't matter if the Oilers were in on Stamkos anyways. He is signing a max deal with the Leafs in the summer. I don't really believe the tweets were accidental.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Makes no sense period. The Oilers do not need another top-end centre given what it would take to get him.

Doesn't matter if the Oilers were in on Stamkos anyways. He is signing a max deal with the Leafs in the summer. I don't really believe the tweets were accidental.
The accidental like probably added good 2M per year to Stamkos' next contract.. Maybe TB wanted him re-up'd at 7M per.. Stamkos countered with a like ;)

oilz89*

The accidental like probably added good 2M per year to Stamkos' next contract.. Maybe TB wanted him re-up'd at 7M per.. Stamkos countered with a like ;)

Kopi is getting 9.25 mill on his next one it seems like :)amazed:) so Imagine what Stammer would get

Always

Aug 18, 2015
I can't wait for McDavidmas and the guys complaining about running three scoring lines as being impossible get to see what a nightmare we'll be for opponents to line match against.

Let's get a good look at

Hall-Drai-X
Pouliot-McD-Yak
X-Nuge-Eberle

before we dump the 22 year old centre who's shouldered the Oilers boulder since he was 18 years old and 165lbs.

The Oilers can't afford these three lines and no way Nuge takes a demotion to third line. Have to put Nuge in a package for a top Defenceman.

rockinghockey

Oct 22, 2008
We need a right shooting dman not another fwd
Hammonic in the off season with Nikitin Schultz Ference Fayne all gone
Hammonic Sekera Nurse Klefbom Davidson Reinhart

Are we much better

rasarhdasd

Apr 12, 2013
Sucks that Reinhart has to take up a spot next year, it makes it so it's just too much young defensemen with Reinhart, Nurse, Klefbom and Davidson.

Rather it be Hamonic Demers Klefbom Sekera Nurse Davidson. that's a playoff-caliber defense. Where you're not relying on another kid becoming an NHL player to succeed.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Sucks that Reinhart has to take up a spot next year, it makes it so it's just too much young defensemen with Reinhart, Nurse, Klefbom and Davidson.

Rather it be Hamonic Demers Klefbom Sekera Nurse Davidson. that's a playoff-caliber defense. Where you're not relying on another kid becoming an NHL player to succeed.

I think there is a pretty slim chance Demers makes it to free agency but if he does, we should definitely be in on him.

If Hamonic is willing to come here I think Chia has to get him, whether it's something around Eberle or our 1st.

I'd like to see them come away this offseason with 2 of Hamonic, Spurgeon, Vatanen, Shattenkirk, Jones, Demers, Burns, Braun, Barrie, possibly Buff depending on price.

Not saying all those guys will be available but some of them will, we need to come away with at least 1.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Klefbom could be in as early as Monday. I don't see Enstrom as a solution to our problems. He's fourth in ice time for the Jets, behind Buff, Myers, and Trouba. He wouldn't be an improvement Sekera or Klef and is getting paid huge money. He's like a tiny little Phaneuf.

I'd say closer to being a poor man's Visnovsky, what worries me about Enstrom is his shots on goals per game are decreasing every year which is indicative of a player in decline. I liked him quite a bit when he was at his best, but I'm not sure we have much hope of getting that player back, if Wpg wasn't so stacked with RHD I'd suggest something around Enstrom for Fayne+.

Samus44

Enjoy the ride.
Aug 5, 2010

Reinhart doesn't HAVE to, he should still have one more year of non waiver status.

CantHaveTkachev

Jealousy
Nov 30, 2004
St. OILbert, AB
as much as I love Stamkos, if I'm paying 10.5 million for a player, it would have to be a #1 d-man (to which none are available)

plus, we need to clear salary for McDavid's 2nd contract

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
The Oilers can't afford these three lines and no way Nuge takes a demotion to third line. Have to put Nuge in a package for a top Defenceman.

What would be his options? You think RNH will throw a fit if his linemates are Khaira and Eberle and he is getting easier and less minutes ?

call it 3rd line but I am sure RNH would still be playing 18-20 minutes every night.

RNH needs to stay in Edmonton for atleast another full year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad