Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Will Chia get us an Xmas gift?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dorian2

Define that balance
Jul 17, 2009
Edmonton
From everything we have seen and heard from McDavid...I don't see any chance of bad character issues rubbing off......

Sorry for the late reply Rafters. I'm not particularily worried about Kassian rubbing off on McDavid. What I AM worried about is him rubbing off on any other players. I'd much rather have McDavid rub off on these guys. We need to keep the room positive and without issues. Even if they may have been dealt with by Kassian himself. I don't thnk the risk is worth the reward in this case.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
I don't think teams are going to trade based on slumps or even a 10 game streak. The key is finding a team that really values a guys play and a team that has what you need.

On a side note look at faceoffs from the 27th on. I know they brought it up how we are a lot better in the draws, but that's some damn good numbers as of late for RNH on the dot. Is Woodcroft some sort of genius?

http://www.nhl.com/ice/player.htm?id=8476454&season=20152016&view=log

That's really good. But it also sort of puts to rest the suggestion that his shoulder's been acting up again or w/e injury people were saying.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Leo Komarov to EDM

This is a guy I would love to acquire. Excellent bottom six player that can pot a few goals too.

Is there anything not-ridiculous that Edmonton could offer to get him? What does Toronto need?

Edit: this is absolutely in the wrong forum. :laugh: whoops. Could a mod please move this?

Arpeggio

Jul 20, 2006
Edmonton
This is a guy I would love to acquire. Excellent bottom six player that can pot a few goals too.

Is there anything not-ridiculous that Edmonton could offer to get him? What does Toronto need?

Edit: this is absolutely in the wrong forum. :laugh: whoops. Could a mod please move this?

Wouldn't do it. Toronto fans are not going to want to move Komarov.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Wouldn't do it. Toronto fans are not going to want to move Komarov.

No, but all this Kassian talk got me thinking about players that would be a good fit in rounding out our top 9 that aren't total head cases off the ice and likely wouldn't break the bank to acquire.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
You sure you want TML fans responding to this...
its not going to be good.. EDM 1st + IMO

Better to let him hit UFA and pay a little more $$

The guy is one pace for 30 goals and 377 hits.

Tarus

Jun 22, 2006
Edmonton
No I am saying we need to be very cautious with how we deal with RNH, and also Eberle. Dealing RNH in a slump is an incredibly bad idea. The above stats just show the tale that similar centers werent lighting the league up at 22 (RNH had better years before age 22 as well). Both those guys then had break out seasons the next season. So if people or Chiarelli is thinking about dealing RNH for any D other than Jones/Larsson, he will probaly get burned. Let RNH finish this season. Also let Sekera/Nurse/Klefbom and even Davidson play this season because by the end, Sekera and Klefbom could cement themselves as legit top pairing options and Nurse/Davidson could be solid second pairing.

I am not opposed to trading RNH, just be very careful when they do so

Ideally you land Fowler for Eberle or come out like bandits with a Yak++ trade and call it a day

Slumps don't matter in the offseason, which is when this type of deal would go down, not that I think RNH is in a slump personally. His dry streak started when he got punted off the top line, and Eberle has been slow getting back in to his playmaking form after missing half of training camp and a portion of the first month. RNH's lack of production is about what you'd expect from a complimentary player with no one to set him up, much like Yakupov after Mcdavid went down with his injury.

I don't think you're getting Fowler or any other top pairing/potential top pairing guy for Eberle and a pick though, teams will want Hall or one of the centers. I don't even really want to move Ebs all that much personally either, the wing depth is worse than the center depth, and Eberle is the superior offensive player.

Aceboogie

Aug 25, 2012
I don't think you're getting Fowler or any other top pairing/potential top pairing guy for Eberle and a pick though, teams will want Hall or one of the centers. I don't even really want to move Ebs all that much personally either, the wing depth is worse than the center depth, and Eberle is the superior offensive player.

Fowler for Eberle is just my best case outcome (that wont happen). Id love it too though

I think with lack of winger depth, that can be fixed more easily. There is more quality FA wingers, RNH could play wing and we have Slepyshev who could be an ok replacement. Hell we even have Andrew Miller with 15 points in 16 AHL games. Maybe hes a pasable replacement for a bit

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Fowler for Eberle is just my best case outcome (that wont happen). Id love it too though

I think with lack of winger depth, that can be fixed more easily. There is more quality FA wingers, RNH could play wing and we have Slepyshev who could be an ok replacement. Hell we even have Andrew Miller with 15 points in 16 AHL games. Maybe hes a pasable replacement for a bit

Fowler is a LD i think... Not sure if he would be a target for us

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
If you took them out and didn't replace them with an equivalent dman/forward then they wouldn't.

One or both have to go, though. Not now obviously, since we have a ton of injuries, but you can't have that kind of money tied up in what will be a 3rd line.

People keep saying that, but for the next two years at least, it's a non-issue. The cap doesn't care if your 3C is making 6 million while your 1C is making $925K. Now something will have to give when McDavid needs his $9.7 million deal or whatever, but that's an issue for another time.

Tigerarmy

Aug 1, 2011
Komarov

yep--it would cost a lot--we would be doing the buying high thing now for a guy who is in the process of having his first good season
Komarov is a very effective player and is loved by fans, his teammates and I know Babcock and the coaching staff loves him but his value may never be higher. Komarov is higher in the lineup for the Leafs then he would be on a contender but I'm thinking something close to a 1st rd pick might get it done but for some Leafs fans that might not be enough

Macblender

May 5, 2014
So if we were apparently going to offer sheet Hamilton this summer what are the chances if Trouba and Barrie remain unsigned until summer we attempt something like that again where that is used as leverage for a trade or just an offer sheet?

I know it wouldn't be reinforcements this year but both of are the right age to fit into the long term plans and are young enough we don't have to worry about them trailing off.

I would say we should chase them in season but until those teams drop a little further back it would be really unlikely and they would also be wanting to ensure they aren't able to sign them anyway.

McWeber

Mouthbreather
Jul 14, 2015
Lethbridge
think the shames would do Schultz for Wideman? Contract isn't the best but we have cap space next year I could see this making sense for both sides.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I would claim Kassian. If he is serious about being a NHLer I would pick him up. At some point he needs to make a choice, off ice activities or hockey.

Narnia

Mar 1, 2002
Surrey, BC
picasaweb.google.com
We finished 3rd last last year. Shouldn't we be 3rd?
Nope. Right now it's where the teams are currently in the standings.

Gazdic doesn't have off-ice issues like Kassian. Actually Gazdic cares about others.

He was in Stage 2 of the substance abuse program. It means he was in Stage 1 of the substance abuse program while a member of the Canucks. This is a red flag and will very likely do it again.

No thanks to Kassian. Purcell has played with Stamkos when he was in Tampa Bay. Purcell also doesn't have a substance abuse problem.

NO. Stay away from Kassian. Don't touch Kassian with a 1,000-foot pole. He'd be a cancer in the dressing room.

Stay away. Kassian will do this again since he was already in Stage 2 of the substance abuse program. A team with young players doesn't need a cancer and head case like Kassian

In the lineup over Kassian and not claim Kassian.

He was in Stage 2 substance abuse program which means he's already gone through it once and this was the second time.

Third chance. He's been through the substance abuse program twice.

Tambellini was the GM and Pat Quinn was the coach.

Pat Quinn.

Last edited by a moderator:

McFlyingV

Feb 22, 2013
Edmonton, Alberta
At first thought I had no interest in Kassian, but after thinking about it and more injuries on the way, **** it. I'd give him a chance. If he's serious about making a return and cleaning up his act, he could be a valuable bottom 6er and maybe a good net front presence on the PP. He certainly can't be much worse than some of the guys in our bottom 6, has this year then is an RFA, is a right handed shot, plays physical and can fight, and he has shown in the past that he has some offensive upside.

McAsuno

Jul 10, 2013
Edmonton
Gazdic doesn't have off-ice issues like Kassian. Actually Gazdic cares about others.

That's nice and all. Gazdic's a nice guy off the ice as well, but he isn't a guy that's going to help this team win where it matters ; on the ice. Kassian possibly could. If not, they can just waive him.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
I'd almost be tempted to do a Yak for Hertl swap if he was really being shopped.

Burnt Biscuits

May 2, 2010
Fowler is a LD i think... Not sure if he would be a target for us

Fowler would be competing for the spot of being our best d-man, as long as the player is playing on the top pairing handedness is irrelevant for me, just bend the team around them, meaning either trade a leftie elsewhere, waivers, or move a leftie to the otherside.

I'm pretty much down with the idea of picking up Kassian, he's inconsistent and has issues, but he is simply a better hockey player than many of our bottom 6 wingers. I'm assuming we could pick up Kassian from waivers and then send him on a conditioning stint cause I'd imagine he's pretty in need of playing some hockey games before playing in the show again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad