Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Will Chia get us an Xmas gift?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Don't be facetious. The point still stands when you think about trading Eberle or even Eberle + a pick in a trade for any defenceman of similar value. Eberle has the worst +/- on our entire team. He is a defensive black hole. He's a small, purely offensive winger. We have more pure offensive players than any other team in the NHL.

I will ask you again. Do you think we are a better team with Eberle or with a defenceman acquired in trading Eberle + acquiring Kassian?

Do we beat the Bruins last night without Eberle?
Assuming Eberle nets someone like Klefbom.

So last night against BOS onslaught:
Eberle + Nikitin
or
Klefbom + Kassian

Do the Oilers score a single goal?

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
Huh?!?!?! We had rookies on our defense who played well but weren't adept at making passes except For Reji. We had NIKITIN and SCHULTZ in one pairing. We were missing our best dman and our second line. So what are you talking about? Would Kassian trying to rip Charas head off and then getting his *** kicked in have helped us? How would that have helped us defensively? :help:

Chara for Kassian is a good trade off. Hahaha

The idea is the team would greatly shoved around less. If some players can play as tenaciously as they did against San Jose then the Oilers don't need a guy like that.

I still want Komarov or Wilson. Kassian for free is worth it when you consider how many Oiler forwards are hurting.

Young Lions*

May 27, 2015
If you had bothered reading about him when he got in that car accident, Bergevin basically stated he wouldn't be back due to breaking a promise they made.

Rehab changes a lot of people. He's not a garbage hockey player in the slightest.

He's a garbage person. That matters to some people.

Fourier

Dec 29, 2006
Waterloo Ontario
I'm not saying Kassian can put up the points Eberle does. No way. What I'm saying is that we don't need 3 scoring lines. No team does. That's not how you win in todays NHL. We can trade Eberle for a defenceman who will significantly improve our gf/ga and then slot Kassian into the lineup to help create a more balanced group. You can even do this:

Hall-Draisaitl-Kassian
Khaira-RNH-Purcell
Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov
Hendricks-Letestu-Korpse

Klefbom-Hamonic
Nurse-Sekera
Davidson-Schultz
Gryba

Hall and Draisaitl are a two man show. Purcell finds open space and I would argue having a player like Kassian on that line would work better. He's not a talentless hack. The guy can put up goals and would be giftwrapped opportunities on that line while retrieving pucks and creating space. He's huge and skates well.

Dallas seems to be doing ok with three scoring lines.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013

The idea is the team would greatly shoved around less. If some players can play as tenaciously as they did against San Jose then the Oilers don't need a guy like that.

I still want Komarov or Wilson. Kassian for free is worth it when you consider how many Oiler forwards are hurting.

Komarov(UFA)-McDavid-Yakupov is my dream for next season.

If there is one UFA we chase after next season I hope its him.

Kalost

Jan 21, 2015

I have wanted Komarov since he returned to the NHL, still hope we can snag him up from the leafs

oilz89*

I'd take Kom or Wilson for sure but Kassian? Come on man. In no way would that have helped. We've seen him in Canuck games. Brings too much Canucklehead with him

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
He WAS a garbage person and then he went into rehab. Giving 2nd chance matters to some people as well.

A garbage person that went into rehab when forced to, not of his own volition.

And being addicted to a substance doesn't make you a garbage person. Being a garbage person makes you a garbage person.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Do we beat the Bruins last night without Eberle?
Assuming Eberle nets someone like Klefbom.

So last night against BOS onslaught:
Eberle + Nikitin
or
Klefbom + Kassian

Do the Oilers score a single goal?

Eberle was a ghost for most of the game while players like Marchand, Vatrano, and Ferraro absolutely owned us all night.

Eberle got two incredibly lucky bounces for two points. Are we going to start saying Korpikoski is valuable because he scored a hat trick the game before even though he has looked overall bad all year?

Marchand looks like a God compared to Eberle and is far more useful.

I can promise all of you that a team consisting of Mcdavid, Hall, Draisaitl, Yakupov, RNH, Eberle, Purcell will go absolutely nowhere. You saw last night what happens against teams who take the body. We get embarrassed.

Eberle did not win us that game. He was invisible and completely useless for most of it. Same with the San Jose game and the game where he scored in OT. He is invisible and everyone is hating on him because he brings nothing we don't already have. Then he pots a goal and everyone seems to forget the type of player he actually is.

Trade him away before he's 30 years old and our team is still in the basement because we have no defence and no players willing to take a hit to make a play.

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Dallas seems to be doing ok with three scoring lines.

Roussel-Eakin-Sharp is not a scoring line. That's an elite 3rd line with superb two way players on it. If Eberle somehow learns how to backcheck, make hits, and get strong on the puck, then we can start comparing him to Sharp.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Eberle was a ghost for most of the game while players like Marchand, Vatrano, and Ferraro absolutely owned us all night.

Eberle got two incredibly lucky bounces for two points. Are we going to start saying Korpikoski is valuable because he scored a hat trick the game before even though he has looked overall bad all year?

I can promise all of you that a team consisting of Mcdavid, Hall, Draisaitl, Yakupov, RNH, Eberle, Purcell will go absolutely nowhere. You saw last night what happens against teams who take the body. We get embarrassed.

Eberle did not win us that game. He was invisible and completely useless for most of it. Same with the San Jose game and the game where he scored in OT. He is invisible and everyone is hating on him because he brings nothing we don't already have. Then he pots a goal and everyone seems to forget the type of player he actually is.

Trade him away before he's 30 years old and our team is still in the basement because we have no defence and no players willing to take a hit to make a play.

Man, did you even watch the game last night? Eberle was EASILY our best forward.

backhandsauce

Oct 19, 2009

Did you watch OT?

Him and Nugey dominated.

I'd like to see Eberle get some time in with 97. Those two might be able to gel like Hall and Drai.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
Eberle is a defensive black hole. Fact. Sure, he's scored some timely goals, but every time his line gets hemmed in the dzone, he's partly to blame. If the Oilers have a player that can win those battles that Eberle loses, that will result in ozone pressure and goals too.

Eberle is just too soft without the puck and we don't have anyone to insulate him.

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Don't know where to put this, but I was listening to Patrick O'Sullivan on a podcast and he was asked when he actually told a team that he had issues.

He said at his exit interview in Edmonton, he told the coach and manager that he thought he needed to talk to somebody and he knew he could be a much better player if he got some help.

He said they just clammed up and he was traded a month later to Phoenix and then bought out.

Interesting

oilz89*

Dude... Get thicker glasses lol

oilz89*

Don't know where to put this, but I was listening to Patrick O'Sullivan on a podcast and he was asked when he actually told a team that he had issues.

He said at his exit interview in Edmonton, he told the coach and manager that he thought he needed to talk to somebody and he knew he could be a much better player if he got some help.

He said they just clammed up and he was traded a month later to Phoenix and then bought out.

Interesting

Yup I heard that too. What a disgusting management group. **** Tambellini Lowe MacTavish. All 3 including Eakins can go to ***

duul

Jun 21, 2010
Man, did you even watch the game last night? Eberle was EASILY our best forward.

During the entire game up until overtime he was trash. Our entire team got embarrassed by the Bruins. Eberle has been invisible in all the games he has played this year. Easily our best forward based on what? Points? I watched the entire game. I would say our best forward was RNH. He actually looked like he had legs for once.

Go back and watch the game again. He had two gift wrapped points and the only actual notable nice play he made was during 3 on 3 which caters to his small, skilled style.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Eberle is a defensive black hole. Fact. Sure, he's scored some timely goals, but every time his line gets hemmed in the dzone, he's partly to blame. If the Oilers have a player that can win those battles that Eberle loses, that will result in ozone pressure and goals too.

Eberle is just too soft without the puck and we don't have anyone to insulate him.

Eberle is never going to be some two way possession monster but there are a lot of very successful players on some very good teams that have this kind of player in their arsenal. What they don't have is an entire top 6 of under 25 players, no top pairing defencemen, and don't have a bottom 6 comprised of almost entirely scrubs.

Cloned

Begging for Bega
Aug 25, 2003

Interesting

Who was the coach at the time? Renney? Or Quinn?

Seems out of character for Renney.

Maybe not so much for Quinn.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad