Rumor: Trade Rumors and Proposals: Will Chia get us an Xmas gift?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
No interest in Kassian. That might be the one we wish we would have picked up at some point, but I think it's a lot more likely to be the one we wish we avoided. Kinda low risk though at this point due to being on the last year of his contract, but I'd still stay clear. Vancouver couldn't be rid of him fast enough. I wouldn't doubt it if that's how Buffalo felt and why they moved him. Montreal now seems willing to lose him for nothing. This isn't a conditioning stint... this is dropping him on waivers for free... so clearly they don't want him. At least two (I'd say 3) teams gave up on him in a hurry... I don't think we really want this issue.

3 teams gave up on dubnyk as well and he turned out to be a very serviceable player

whats the real risk? he out plays klinkhammer? worth a shot to me.

Pointteen

Jun 9, 2008
New Brunswick
I take Kassian. Takes Gazdic or Pakman out of the lineup. Put Kassian with Eberle and Nuge depending on Khaira. If Khaira stars looking overwhelmed he can just get sent down.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
I'm not saying Kassian can put up the points Eberle does. No way. What I'm saying is that we don't need 3 scoring lines. No team does. That's not how you win in todays NHL. We can trade Eberle for a defenceman who will significantly improve our gf/ga and then slot Kassian into the lineup to help create a more balanced group. You can even do this:

Hall-Draisaitl-Kassian
Khaira-RNH-Purcell
Pouliot-McDavid-Yakupov
Hendricks-Letestu-Korpse

Klefbom-Hamonic
Nurse-Sekera
Davidson-Schultz
Gryba

Hall and Draisaitl are a two man show. Purcell finds open space and I would argue having a player like Kassian on that line would work better. He's not a talentless hack. The guy can put up goals and would be giftwrapped opportunities on that line while retrieving pucks and creating space. He's huge and skates well.

Kassian got playing time with the Sedins. Lots and lots of playing time, and he managed a career high of 29 points and he hasn't played a game since March.

He's a 3rd liner at absolute best right now. I'm still in favour of trading Eberle+ for defensive help but in no way shape or form could he fill Eberle's shoes.

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Kassian would be an upgrade on Khaira who is currently on the RNH/Eberle line. I think it would be worth it to add a guy with his size/*************

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
IF Kassian has his head out of his ass, and IF Kassian has had success in rehab and is given the one-strike and you're out talk, then maybe he'd be a decent pickup for the bottom six, but to me thoughts of claiming him to plug him in the top 6 is craziness.

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Khaira-RNH-Eberle
Pouliot-McDavid-Yak
Hendricks-Letestu-Kassian
Lander

When fully healthy.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
IF Kassian has his head out of his ass, and IF Kassian has had success in rehab and is given the one-strike and you're out talk, then maybe he'd be a decent pickup for the bottom six, but to me thoughts of claiming him to plug him in the top 6 is craziness.

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Khaira-RNH-Eberle
Pouliot-McDavid-Yak
Lander

When fully healthy.

Korpikoski?

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
He's not a top 6 forward, and he's not "McDavid's Semenko." He's a decent fighter, but he sharts himself when faced with the Gazdic's of the league.

He is actually good for 15goals \ 30pts on the ice..
Off ice is a different story..

duul

Jun 21, 2010

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Khaira-RNH-Eberle
Pouliot-McDavid-Yak
Lander

When fully healthy.

Khaira goes down and Kassian takes his spot. Kind of silly how you're ok with Khaira in the top 6 when Kassian is what Khaira hopes he'll be with the perfect development and a lot of luck.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Character matters to me. Khaira seems to have it.

when Khaira is ready to be a regular NHLer he can come back to NHL and replace this flawed character.

Last night proved Khaira needs to add a gear physically and mentally. To be honest last night exposed a lot more Oilers.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
when Khaira is ready to be a regular NHLer he can come back to NHL and replace this flawed character.

Last night proved Khaira needs to add a gear physically and mentally. To be honest last night exposed a lot more Oilers.

Possibly, but he had a solid stretch of games before that.

I think it's hilarious how many people are placing these vast hopes on Kassian.

1) Career high 29 points and that was when he was getting fed prime Sedin minutes
2) Long-standing on-ice behavioral issues
3) Injury history, missed half of last season and broke a hand and a foot in his car accident
4) Deeply concerning off-ice substance abuse issues.

I'm fine with claiming him, but it's only to replace a fourth liner like Gazdic when we're healthy. Expect anything more than that and you're asking for a ton of disappointment.

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002

Hall-Drai-Purcell
Khaira-RNH-Eberle
Pouliot-McDavid-Yak
Lander

When fully healthy.

Khaira will be the 1st to be sent down. Pakarinen will probably be a numbers victim as well but I think he deserves to stay. Klink needs a spot and as Corsi bad as Korp may be it's fairly obvious TMac likes him and he'll need a spot as well. I also doubt he sits his top face off guy in Lander either.

Bottom line, we have too many bodies to claim Kassian.

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
I see Khaira going down and becoming a lot better offensive player down there getting recalled again at 1st injury.

McMozesmadness

5-14-6-1
Feb 17, 2013
Edmonton, AB
I'm so conflicted.

I hate Kassian as a person but he can help us on the ice.

He went through this rough patch with alcohol but he could be reformed and a better version of himself.

He is such a nice fit in terms of what we need and age. Plus he won a championship with Hall. Hall is a better leader maybe he can reign him in.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Possibly, but he had a solid stretch of games before that.

I think it's hilarious how many people are placing these vast hopes on Kassian.

1) Career high 29 points and that was when he was getting fed prime Sedin minutes
2) Long-standing on-ice behavioral issues
3) Injury history, missed half of last season and broke a hand and a foot in his car accident
4) Deeply concerning off-ice substance abuse issues.

I'm fine with claiming him, but it's only to replace a fourth liner like Gazdic when we're healthy. Expect anything more than that and you're asking for a ton of disappointment.

Seeing a lot of career high 29pts here... That was his ONLY full NHL season.
Kassian is the same age as Lander and hasnt even played 200 NHL games yet.

With EDM being in a playoffs spot at the moment I doubt he even gets to us.

Suxnet

Jan 4, 2012
lol @ people putting Kassian in the top six. Guy played with the Sedins and managed nothing. He's even worse than Gazdic because he doesn't know his role.

oilz89*

Yeah sure lets bring in Kassian. Its great to have that kind of attitude in a locker.. and also after he went through rehab:help:

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
lol @ people putting Kassian in the top six. Guy played with the Sedins and managed nothing. He's even worse than Gazdic because he doesn't know his role.

What exactly is his role?
based on our recent opponents Oilers can use a player like Jimmy Hayes or Kevin Hayes in their top 9. Kassian is much more than Gazdic. Comparing him to Gazdic is as unfair as people expecting him to be a Eberle replacement.

3rd liner with physical edge is what he is. RW trio of Purcell, Ebs, Yak is just too weak and can be exploited.

IMO Kassian'ish player needs to replace Purcell long term.

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Yeah sure lets bring in Kassian. Its great to have that kind of attitude in a locker.. and also after he went through rehab:help:

what kind of attitude after rehab? is there something he said to media today or are we just assuming things here

duul

Jun 21, 2010

Wouldn't it be better to acquire a player after they've been in rehab, rather than before? There are other players who have been to rehab in the NHL, either publically or privately and have come back as changed men.

If he is a nuisance, you waive him. Nothing of value lost.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad