Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

voyageur

Hockey fanatic
Jul 10, 2011

Some might want to re-evaluate their asking price/proposal for Pacioretty...

That's the asking price for Kane and likely Nash too. Add Patches and Brassard to that list.

Now find 4 teams willing to give up that much. Be crazy to do it in the Central, as getting out of the 1st round is no lock. The Metroplolitan is a logjam. The Rangers are clearing cap space. The Isles if they can not sign Tavares, should rebuild around Barzal. Columbus and Carolina need to sell playoff tickets so there is a little more pressure there. NewJersey too, but they are free falling without Schneider. I suspect Columbus would part with Boone Jenner now that Dubois has emerged. Their first? Would you sell your first to face Crosby and Malkin in the 1st round?

I see Kane to the Preds for a d prospect and a 1st. Kane is no bigger jerk than P.K or Johansen, Laviolette knows how to coach them. Nash to Anaheim, they are in win now mode. L.A. is a good fit for Patches. Put him with Kopitar and Brown. That's a real good fit. Doughty would choose TO over a rebuild I think so there is pressure on Robitaille there. Vilardi and Clague would seal the deal for me.

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
According to Habs Eyes On The Prize, the Los Angeles Kings have been scouting the Montreal Canadiens and have been linked to Max Pacioretty.
The blog suggests the Canadiens would be targeting young Gabriel Vilardi back.
Vilardi was the Kings first round pick at last year's draft and stands 6'3 and weights in at 201lbs, he's had some health issues but there's no question the talent is there.
He currently has 35 points in 17 games for the Kingston Frontenacs in the OHL after having 61 points in 49 games last year for the Windsor Spitfire.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Give me some names...who?

I don't think Robert Thomas, a player we often mention, is world's ahead of Ryan Poehling.

Same level of prospect as far as I'm concerned.

So if all it takes from the Blues to acquire Pacioretty is Thomas +1st (which they don't even have)...

Then the Habs should seriously consider trading Ryan Poehling and their 1st to go out and acquire an established center whose at the level of Pacioretty but who plays center.
Grass is always greener on the other side. The other guy's prospect is worth more, our assets suck etc.

Robert Thomas was just picked 20th. Yet if you didn't look that up, you'd think he is a recent top 5 pick. Kyrou was a 2nd rounder.

I think the habs can and should get 2 assets like this. Thomas + Kyrou + conditional pick for Pacioretty. (Conditional pick is a 2nd but turns into a first if the Blues win the cup)

Reactions: sampollock

Habs10025

Sep 28, 2017
If all Pacioretty is worth at this deadline is a top prospect +1st.

What is he worth next deadline?

Just a 1st?

Martin Hanzal got a 1st + conditional 2nd last year.

Something seems way off about these values to me.
If that's all Pacioretty can bring back in a trade its doubtful he gets traded

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
According to Habs Eyes On The Prize, the Los Angeles Kings have been scouting the Montreal Canadiens and have been linked to Max Pacioretty.
Vilardi was the Kings first round pick at last year's draft and stands 6'3 and weights in at 201lbs, he's had some health issues but there's no question the talent is there.
He currently has 35 points in 17 games for the Kingston Frontenacs in the OHL after having 61 points in 49 games last year for the Windsor Spitfire.
To me a prospect like Vilardi is worth more than Thomas.

He is 6'3" and right handed. Was a top 15 pick (11th), and hell the Kings drafter another big Center at 11 once upon a time.

As it stands he is a better prospect than Thomas

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Thomas' game is like Toews. Strong skater, hard 200-foot player. Offence is good, not great. Disher more than a shooter. Villardi, the knock is skating. Not overly fast and some definite injury concerns. But he's a more north-south, offensively focused, tactile player.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
If that's all Pacioretty can bring back in a trade its doubtful he gets traded

They've already started to prepare us that it would be done come draft day unless....it isn't then we will prepare to wait for trade prior to the start of the year unless.....we wait till season stats unless....we wait at the next trade deadline....where we might get a 2nd rounder. Or we don't do it and wish to resign which....he won't, hence we would lose him. All the scenarios are on the table.
Grass is always greener on the other side. The other guy's prospect is worth more, our assets suck etc.

Robert Thomas was just picked 20th. Yet if you didn't look that up, you'd think he is a recent top 5 pick. Kyrou was a 2nd rounder.

I think the habs can and should get 2 assets like this. Thomas + Kyrou + conditional pick for Pacioretty. (Conditional pick is a 2nd but turns into a first if the Blues win the cup)

Not sure what the actual draft pick rank of a prospect has anyting to do with his value. Even before Brock Boeser became Boeser, people thought he was worth more than his actual draft pick rank. And so many other examples. So if somebody thinks Thomas was a steal, they'd go after him. And could be right in the process.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
To me a prospect like Vilardi is worth more than Thomas.

He is 6'3" and right handed. Was a top 15 pick (11th), and hell the Kings drafter another big Center at 11 once upon a time.

As it stands he is a better prospect than Thomas

He's better because he's bigger ?

Not sure I understand what you mean...

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
For us, he is not worthy of anything. As you see, we are able, because of how bad our centermen are, or our entire team and because of the coach we have, we are able to make Drouin look like a AHL'er. So Saad had those numbers because he used to play on good offensive teams with much better linemates. He wouldn't here. So I'm not against him as a great complementary player....but it needs to be paired with other acquisitions. You need a top C. Or future one. Like Vilardi. Then, bring me Saad any day of the week. But how we will be able to do both....I have no idea.

I completely agree. Saad isn't the player to take you over the top. He can be a player to replace the loss of Patches though if we trade him. But certainly, our primary, secondary and tertiary need is at centre, than LD and finally more goals.

I bring up Saad because I know Bergevin tried to get him before and with Patches likely to be moved, he'd make a lot of sense to add to the team.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Quick question. Given all the centre prospect targets we're drooling over where mostly 1st round picks after the 10 spot etc. I'm surprised we're not hearing more clamoring for guys like Hayton, Kupari, Veleno, Lundestrom all of which should be taken around the top 10. Looking at the NHL Prospect rankings it look like there are some options for us to draft a centre though at this point I think we've shown we might be better off using another teams scouts to determine who that may be.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Quick question. Given all the centre prospect targets we're drooling over where mostly 1st round picks after the 10 spot etc. I'm surprised we're not hearing more clamoring for guys like Hayton, Kupari, Veleno, Lundestrom all of which should be taken around the top 10. Looking at the NHL Prospect rankings it look like there are some options for us to draft a centre though at this point I think we've shown we might be better off using another teams scouts to determine who that may be.

We suck at drafting since 2008. I don't trust this scouting staff anymore for a long time.

Reactions: shutehinside

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Be good haul if could get VILARDI and a first also.

Then take Pacioretty contract money and sign a JVR

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The rumours are so strong at the moment that even Jonathan Drouin was asked about how he would feel if the two were traded in the next two weeks.
“It would be weird if Pleky left, for sure. I grew up watching him,” said Drouin. “Just having him here as a veteran and as my teammate has been special. It’s weird, in general, having a guy as a teammate one day and then next day he’s gone. Same goes for Patch. It definitely would be strange if we go on a road trip and our captain doesn’t come back from it."

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
That's the asking price for Kane and likely Nash too. Add Patches and Brassard to that list.

Now find 4 teams willing to give up that much. Be crazy to do it in the Central, as getting out of the 1st round is no lock. The Metroplolitan is a logjam. The Rangers are clearing cap space. The Isles if they can not sign Tavares, should rebuild around Barzal. Columbus and Carolina need to sell playoff tickets so there is a little more pressure there. NewJersey too, but they are free falling without Schneider. I suspect Columbus would part with Boone Jenner now that Dubois has emerged. Their first? Would you sell your first to face Crosby and Malkin in the 1st round?

I see Kane to the Preds for a d prospect and a 1st. Kane is no bigger jerk than P.K or Johansen, Laviolette knows how to coach them. Nash to Anaheim, they are in win now mode. L.A. is a good fit for Patches. Put him with Kopitar and Brown. That's a real good fit. Doughty would choose TO over a rebuild I think so there is pressure on Robitaille there. Vilardi and Clague would seal the deal for me.

LA is the team that need a top LW more than any other team. They would pay a little more than other team
Vilardi as the main pieces is fantastic.....but i don't think Clague is going anywhere, i'm sure they would give up a 1st instead. But they could aford more than that, a Pacioretty would put them over the top in their division.

TheBuriedHab

Jan 27, 2010
Vilardi's skating really scares me. I've only seen him a couple times but that's the one thing that stood out to me. Maybe some of the scouting experts on here feel differently and can make me feel better about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad