Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Saad would be a stupid addition. A great complementary player to nothing is nothing. But if Bergevin is able, somehow, to get us Vilardi.....I will refrain from calling him an idiot....till his next stupid move. :D

Same here, I posted it about it a few weeks ago, but he or Thomas are the two prospect I hope we somehow nab. I wouldn't be disapointed with Tolvanen, either.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Not sure how that's the same risk...there's a difference trading for Hanzal and trading for Pacioretty.

Not the same risk but it's still a risk. They regretted the 1st and 2nd they traded for a rental. Yeah, Patch is a better player and you get him for one more year but I think they would be very concerned with trading more futures away again this year. The memory of not having a 1st and 2nd at the draft table is still fresh with them. And I don't see them making an all in move at this stage.

Reactions: 417

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
So a 25 year old power forward who is good for 20-30 goals, 50+ points and entering his prime years is not worth anything in your mind? CASE CLOSED!!!!!! (fingers in your ears yelling) Nananananananaan don't want to hear anything else Nanananana!!

I hate to be the one to tell you this but Saad has better numbers than EVERY other Canadiens forward other than Patches over the past few years yet he's not worthy of anything in your eyes. That just tells me you haven't seen him play at all because you obviously don't know what you're talking about.

For us, he is not worthy of anything. As you see, we are able, because of how bad our centermen are, or our entire team and because of the coach we have, we are able to make Drouin look like a AHL'er. So Saad had those numbers because he used to play on good offensive teams with much better linemates. He wouldn't here. So I'm not against him as a great complementary player....but it needs to be paired with other acquisitions. You need a top C. Or future one. Like Vilardi. Then, bring me Saad any day of the week. But how we will be able to do both....I have no idea.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pacioretty is a legit 1st line winger though. He's not injury prone either.

Agreed. All that means if they would have to dig deeper in their futures pocket in order to get Patch. Do you see him as a legit cup contender willing to make an all in move for Patch? I don't.

I can see the Wild in on Shaw though. Decent term/AAV for a guy in his prime years. He's a nice piece for the playoffs and you get him for multiple years.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
Agreed. All that means if they would have to dig deeper in their futures pocket in order to get Patch. Do you see him as a legit cup contender willing to make an all in move for Patch? I don't.

I can see the wild in on Shaw though.

I could personnally.

He's the best player on the market, by far. Add the contract and you have a very valuable player.

If you're a contending team with a hole at LW, you have to take into consideration you'll face teams like Boston who can throw out Marchand and Heinen most of the game.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I could personnally.

He's the best player on the market, by far. Add the contract and you have a very valuable player.

If you're a contending team with a hole at LW, you have to take into consideration you'll face teams like Boston who can throw out Marchand and Heinen most of the game.

I hope you are right! I just remember reading an article where they were extremely disappointed with trading their 1st and 2nd and sitting at the draft table waiting for the 3rd round. I agree that Patch might be one of the best pieces available but we would be making them pay big time in futures and assets where I don't see them being a cup contender after this move (if they make a move like this). If their GM makes this move, I think he is desperate and he shouldn't be.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
I hope you are right! I just remember reading an article where they were extremely disappointed with trading their 1st and 2nd and sitting at the draft table waiting for the 3rd round. I agree that Patch might be one of the best pieces available but we would be making them pay big time in futures and assets where I don't see them being a cup contender after this move (if they make a move like this). If their GM makes this move, I think he is desperate and he shouldn't be.

Sorry, misread your post as "do you see a cup contender", not "do you see the wild...".

I agree with you, I'd be surprised if the Wild traded for Patches, but they have a lot of what I feel we could use.

jackeymoon

Tropical!
Jan 16, 2018
Northern Ontario
Sorry, misread your post as "do you see a cup contender", not "do you see the wild...".

I agree with you, I'd be surprised if the Wild traded for Patches, but they have a lot of what I feel we could use.

The problem is they don't really have any prospects which fit our bill. Greenway would be the guy I'd target but honestly that would be a pittance for Pacioretty...

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast

I think the Blues will move in at last moment to make a move on Patch. He fits their core and contract structure of various players IMO. Maybe the Preds as well but not sure they want Subban and Patch together and might avoid that.... if there is even history there at all. Not too sure how many teams are willing to go all in on Patch but we are going to find out. We have to remember that we are asking slightly less than Sakic for Duchene last year and we all know how many teams would of loved to add Duchene at the deadline last year!

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
I think the Blues will move in at last moment to make a move on Patch. He fits their core and contract structure of various players IMO. Maybe the Preds as well but not sure they want Subban and Patch together and might avoid that.... if there is even history there at all. Not too sure how many teams are willing to go all in on Patch but we are going to find out. We have to remember that we are asking slightly less than Sakic for Duchene last year and we all know how many teams would of loved to add Duchene at the deadline last year!
Except the Blues have no cap space i could see them making a smaller move for a guy like Byron the best fits for Pacioretty Ducks and Hurricanes and Carolina has tons of cap space.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
The problem is they don't really have any prospects which fit our bill. Greenway would be the guy I'd target but honestly that would be a pittance for Pacioretty...

They have a few pieces but you're right, nothing earth shattering.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Except the Blues have no cap space i could see them making a smaller move for a guy like Byron the best fits for Pacioretty Ducks and Hurricanes and Carolina has tons of cap space.

Blues have 2.5M in LTIR cap space. Patch's prorated salary for the rest of the year (as of today) is about $1.5M. In any deal for Patch with any team, money and salary is not a problem. The problem is our asking price and if any GM is willing to make the deal.

Last edited:

Kent Nilsson

Imagine cringing at Brock Nelson like a moron
Jan 31, 2016
If we get Tavares and Dahlin, maybe we could trade for Crosby ?? I think these additions would turn us into cup contenders. We have great young pieces to entice the pens like Scherbak, Juulsen, Brook and Hudon.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Saad would be a stupid addition. A great complementary player to nothing is nothing. But if Bergevin is able, somehow, to get us Vilardi.....I will refrain from calling him an idiot....till his next stupid move. :D

How is Vilardi's skating ?

If Vegas was interested in Patches or Gallagher for that matter and was willing to talk about Glass or Suzuki I would be all ears. They seem pretty set in their top 6C and have those 2 great C prospects.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I like Saad but the Blackhawks made a big move to get him, I wonder if they would actually turn around and trade him for cheap. I doubt it.

Habs 4 Life

No Excuses
Mar 30, 2005
Montreal
How is Vilardi's skating ?

If Vegas was interested in Patches or Gallagher for that matter and was willing to talk about Glass or Suzuki I would be all ears. They seem pretty set in their top 6C and have those 2 great C prospects.

If Pacioretty is traded, Gallagher shouldn't be.
He should be named Captain

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad