Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I want Price out Yesterday. Might be easier to trade him during the summer though.

I just don't want us to get fleeced while Bergevin is still at the helm. I'm not too concerned about who we trade away or who we acquire, as even a putz like Molson will come to the realization that he can't let the current situation continue.

Building for some future or retooling with Bergevin handling trades, is incongruent.

MJN79

Nov 21, 2008
Price's contract, includes significant bonuses. I am not sure but remember reading they are paid in July or before season starts.
1st year he gets 13mil bonus. So if you are a GM and are interested in him, you wait until July, have the Habs pay the 13 mil bonus and then make the trade.
If not, the 2nd year of his contract, there is another 13 mil bonus. Including his 2 mil salary for 2018-19, the Habs would have already paid him 28 mil total by July 2019.
I think there is no way he gets traded before year 1 or 2 of his contract considering the significant bonus money he gets.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Price's contract, includes significant bonuses. I am not sure but remember reading they are paid in July or before season starts.
1st year he gets 13mil bonus. So if you are a GM and are interested in him, you wait until July, have the Habs pay the 13 mil bonus and then make the trade.
If not, the 2nd year of his contract, there is another 13 mil bonus. Including his 2 mil salary for 2018-19, the Habs would have already paid him 28 mil total by July 2019.
I think there is no way he gets traded before year 1 or 2 of his contract considering the significant bonus money he gets.
You are right. 44 millions in bonuses for the first 4 years. What a shitty f***ing contract by a shitty f***ing GM.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010

There’s no way Molson will eat $12 million for a team to just acquire him right after. They will likely stay firm that the contract is what it is or Molson will tell Bergevin to lower the asking price as far as a trade goes if they are in fact interested in moving him, which they should be.

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Jesus. Bob Mckenzie on his podcast said that he could see julien urging bergevin to get plekanec on a 1 year extension instead of trading him.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Bargain Bin hid from the media already this year until they won a game. Now he’s doing the same thing again. He’s big on talking about character but he’s not big on facing the music when he’s in trouble. Huge hypocrite.

So, why is he scouting? Thought he had friends on staff to do that for him.

Last edited:

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Jesus. Bob Mckenzie on his podcast said that he could see julien urging bergevin to get plekanec on a 1 year extension instead of trading him.

Well it was reported somewhere that we outbid Preds for Bonino but he declined. Too bad . Could have had 2 3Cs. Arguably 3 3Cs. Boneheads. As long as a guy can play defense he can be a C . Offense ability is a distant 2nd in priority.

So not surprised on Pleks. Would trade him for a 2nd though, and roll the dice on a resign in the off season.

They need to play the heck out of DLR just to confirm what he has. Guy scored 9 goals in last 20 games in AHL

Reactions: 417

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Man jankowski and valimaki would be very good acquisitions

I would be all for it

Size , skills and potential. Things we need

I’d substitute Jankowski for Bennet. He’s the target I’d be going after.

Bennet and Valimaki or Fox for Patches. Something around that and I’d be happy.

badi

Jan 21, 2008
Message to season tickets holder

Trades are hard to make

See you all next year at Belle Center !!!

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Bennett and Jankowski don't excite me. Why not just wait til the draft and try and snag Veleno?

I’d hope we get more than Veleno at the draft. Besides, adding to a high draft with more young skilled youth is the point, reguardless of who we draft. Adding a 21 yo former #4 OA Center would be a good thing.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
The sabres could possibly be interested in Pacioretty in the summer.
Their lw depth will be absolute awful once they lose Kane. They also have the capspace to re-sign Pacioretty.

Extended Patch for Reinhart + 2nd

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
The guy works harder in the offseason than anyone, plays the penalty kill, and is paid way under his market value. Hating on Pacioretty is stupid.
you do not know how hard he works in the off season, and besides, no one pays to watch him summer-train, people pay to watch the Habs play hockey, ans his hockey play is f***ing lazy.

no one cares how much he makes either, he still gets millions, are we supposed to cry over poor little millionnaire or something ??

no, but talking about hate IS stupid.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Their lw depth will be absolute awful once they lose Kane. They also have the capspace to re-sign Pacioretty.

Mittelstadt

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Why not just give him away for free then....

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012
Why not just give him away for free then....

Whut
Reinhart is at worst a 2nd line center.
He's 22 years old, and was the 2nd overall in 2014 so he still has a lot of potential.

He's also playing on the worst offensive team in the league so that might be a reason as to why his production dropped this year.
In comparison, we had trouble scoring goals this year, yet still scored ~20 more goals than Buffalo.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad