Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
I'd dangle Lindgren, if that's what it takes to close a deal.

He won't yield the high end talent we desperately need. I'd want to keep both Lindgren and McNiven in the system in a rebuild scenario.

Now if you're suggesting Lindgren as a package with Pacioretty, that's another story.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
He'd be a cap dump, which Habs can afford to do especially if we can get a higher end prospect for taking him
. MB has said he'd take bad contracts for futures. Well, Lehtera is exhibit 1. On a team that would like to dump him, needs/wants the cap space & has a lot of good prospects & draft picks to get it done.

Lehtera has one more year on his contract. You can keep him as the 4th line center for one year or buy him out at the end of this year. $1,666,667 for 2 years. Habs can afford a buy-out on him.
I doubt we buy him out, we wont be competing in 2 years when his contract ends. You never know he might get a bounce back/contract year next season and be worth a pick at the deadline.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
The Flyers (as usual) need a goalie like nobody's business. Price would be our best bet with them, but I doubt he waives to go there.

They have Carter Hart coming up soon. I don't think they'd trade for Price. I don't see them going for it this year & Price would be a "win now" trade.

I was thinking more about a Kovalev/Vanek type trade for them, where they bring in extra help to get them over the top & into the playoffs.

I just think Philly needs to start making moves to get in. At some point you have to give your young players that experience. They're close, but they need a "top up" to ensure it.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He won't yield the high end talent we desperately need. I'd want to keep both Lindgren and McNiven in the system in a rebuild scenario.

Now if you're suggesting Lindgren as a package with Pacioretty, that's another story.

That's exactly where I was going. Wouldn't let Lindgren stand in the way of a player we badly need.

Reactions: groovejuice

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Why that? I mean why thid 2012's prospect Jankowski is becoming suddenly a hot sexy panda. We talk about trading our best player and people act like this guy a bullet proof solution on our tops lines. Valimaki is a solid base but

Longterm project and he’s panning out finally. Teams don’t trade players like this. I think it’s a fair asking price by the Habs, but I don’t think Calgary would ever say yes since Backlund is a UFA and Bennett isn’t a centre like they originally thought.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Well, we'll see. IMO we dont get a certitude in Jankowski. I would take a shot at him, but not in a Pacioretty 's deal. Our captain diserves better than an high risk bet.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Well, we'll see. IMO we dont get a certitude in Jankowski. I would take a shot at him, but not in a Pacioretty 's deal. Our captain diserves better than an high risk bet.
considering how shitty and lazy he is as a captain he doesnt deserve anything special.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
When looking at a trade with Calgary, should we be pushing for Jankowski or Bennet?

Both have a lot to offer (or not) but it seems to be that Bennet has more of what we’re looking for except size. Complete player who plays 200 ft game, younger, more skilled and seems to fit our team more. Considering he’s 2 years younger than Jankowski and only 21 years old, why aren’t we taking about him as our primary target? I don’t know enough about either other than what I’ve read online and limited viewings.

Anyone here have an option on who’s a better option?

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
And when he doesn't make this stupidly thought out trade, guess who's gonna look like "The Idiot"...........
If he makes another trade just as stupid as that one, who will look like The Idiot then? Your loyalty is touching but I think you should pick your spots. This GM has been on a consecutive roll of stupid moves since his hiring of Julien. Do I need to enumerate them for you?

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
When looking at a trade with Calgary, should we be pushing for Jankowski or Bennet?

Both have a lot to offer (or not) but it seems to be that Bennet has more of what we’re looking for except size. Complete player who plays 200 ft game, younger, more skilled and seems to fit our team more. Considering he’s 2 years younger than Jankowski and only 21 years old, why aren’t we taking about him as our primary target? I don’t know enough about either other than what I’ve read online and limited viewings.

That's the trade off. Jankowski is putting up ok numbers in his first year and playing centre. Bennett should have the higher ceiling but his numbers have gone from good in his first to relatively mediocre the last couple of years, not good. And he isn't playing centre.

Both of these guys are high risk. Bennett is still young and a couple of years younger than Jankowski. My fear is Bennett was rushed up.

I tend to go for the skill, but neither of these guys are ideal targets for me. Probably Jankowski if I had to choose. Older, but 1st year and playing centre.

Would need Valimaki as part of it.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Jankowski is a good prospect to target for Pacioretty.

He was the youngest player in 2012 draft by far. His skillz set reminds me a lot of Getzlaf. I'm not saying he will have the same career. But he has the size, the soft hands and the hard shot that Getzlaf has.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Jankowski is a good prospect to target for Pacioretty.

He was the youngest player in 2012 draft by far. His skillz set reminds me a lot of Getzlaf. I'm not saying he will have the same career. But he has the size, the soft hands and the hard shot that Getzlaf has.

Skating ?

And what about vision ?

HuGort

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Habs need a center(s), so no doubt it is around one of them.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
Another team that is not talked about much but has a ton of assets & picks is Philadelphia. They have 2 firsts thanks to the Schenn trade. Some decent D prospects & forward prospects like Frost, Rubtsov, Lindblom, Ratcliffe & Strome. They even have some college guys doing well like Wade Allison & Cooper Marody.

You have to think they're a team that wants to make the playoffs this year after missing so many years. Pacioretty would help with their 5 on 5 scoring.

Missing on what???? geez they made the PO 12 out of 16 yrs since 2000!!!!

Never missed em twice in a row since 1994 that is 23 yrs running.

Phila is not starving to get in like not at all. They are building to go a long way instead of just barely getting in (like this year).

I like your use of the word decent for top prospects like Frost. Kid is top scorer in ohl for christ sake. A center to boot.

As far as the goalie curse well its a nice narrative and it is 100% true they dont have a top 10 goalie since forever but their goalies have never been like 30th. Always around the 15-25th ranks. This year’s d is less than stellar and Elliott’s numbers are better than Carey’s this year. Better save % and better gaa. No way you get Hextall to take Price’s contract.

Hannibal

Fear the Weber
Feb 11, 2007
Skating ?

And what about vision ?

From the Calgary's game i've watched. His skating looks very fine for a big player.

He plays like a true centerman. Always come back deep in dzone to support defenceman, breaks up plays whit his good stick.

I was very impressed homestly.

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
From the Calgary's game i've watched. His skating looks very fine for a big player.

He plays like a true centerman. Always come back deep in dzone to support defenceman, breaks up plays whit his good stick.

I was very impressed homestly.

Thank you for that

If skating isn't an actual big asset, then a guy has to at least be fast enough to keep up with the play ( as long as he brings other stuff ) and it's good to hear he seems to have that just fine.

Ok. Him and Valimaki for Patches.

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017
The Flyers (as usual) need a goalie like nobody's business. Price would be our best bet with them, but I doubt he waives to go there.
Teams that need a goalie are the Islanders they have some young prospects but nobody right now Halak is a UFA this summer....Arizona with Raanta being a UFA this summer they need a goalie.....Blues if Allen does not do well in the playoffs they could be looking for a goalie upgrade....Oilers with only 1 year left on Talbot's contract....Avs with Bernier being a UFA this summer and Varlamov only 1 year left could also be looking for a goalie.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Would be curious to make a poll about who wants to trade Pac for a basis of Bennett or Jankowski. I would like to add theses guys but not for best trading asset. Therefore, Valimaki looks like a great addition to make. If it finishes that way, I would say Valimaki + Jankowski and not Jankowski + Valimaki because Juuso is the best asset.

JuicyHam

Dec 16, 2013
windsor
Is it just me or is it a really dead year for rumours? I feel like we are always at least linked to multiple deals and teams. And MB normally makes a move by now. What gives? Especially with all the phone work he's been doing as the most active GM. I know the deadline isn't for another few weeks but it just feels slower than normal.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Flames or rangers can be good dancing partners that’s why mb went probably

Bennet , jankowski, valimaki

Pac, mete and a 2nd for mcdonagh and chityl or Andersen ?

theghost1

Oct 30, 2017

Bennett was always compared to his coach in Kingston Doug Gilmour pure work ethic with great skill and a better skater,he still has big upside especially with more consistent ice time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad