Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Here’s a hypothetical scenario. Say the Habs win the draft lottery, would there be a package that makes sense for the Habs to trade that pick? Say on draft day Buffalo says will swap #1 picks and also add Mittelstadt and Reinhart...would you be tempted to bite? Here the Habs would get two young centres and could draft a dman with Buffalo’s pick.

Interesting idea but I would not want to send Dahlin to Buffalo & help their rebuild. I would consider that type of trade if we pick after 6 though.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Yeah for sure. Calgary really wanted him & he wasn't going to be there for their second pick at 42. He was expected to go 28-40. He was taken 21st.

I remember in 2011 before the draft there were rumours about how much the Canadiens liked Boone Jenner. A lot of people on this board were upset at that rumour. Montreal had no 2nd or 3rd rd pick that year, but had three 4ths, so if they wanted him they would have to take him #17 overall. It would've been early for Jenner, but I was expecting him to be picked.

Then Beaulieu fell. In hindsight Jenner actually would've been the better pick, but Beau was a good pick at that spot.

Beaulieu wasn't a bad pick looking at his skill level and toughness. Some guys just don't have the mentality to succeed at the highest levels.

I think the Habs were seriously looking at the 33rd pick for Jankowski, but ended up taking Collberg then Thrower with the other 2nd.

Except for Galchenyuk, that draft would have terrible had we not got Hudon late as well.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Another team that is not talked about much but has a ton of assets & picks is Philadelphia. They have 2 firsts thanks to the Schenn trade. Some decent D prospects & forward prospects like Frost, Rubtsov, Lindblom, Ratcliffe & Strome. They even have some college guys doing well like Wade Allison & Cooper Marody.

You have to think they're a team that wants to make the playoffs this year after missing so many years. Pacioretty would help with their 5 on 5 scoring.

Reactions: Runner77

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Another team that is not talked about much but has a ton of assets & picks is Philadelphia. They have 2 firsts thanks to the Schenn trade. Some decent D prospects & forward prospects like Frost, Rubtsov, Lindblom, Ratcliffe & Strome. They even have some college guys doing well like Wade Allison & Cooper Marody.

You have to think they're a team that wants to make the playoffs this year after missing so many years. Pacioretty would help with their 5 on 5 scoring.
I would think they would mind to send Jori Lehtera as well.

Reactions: WinterLion

WinterLion

Oct 1, 2017

Yeah it's true it actually makes a lot of sense. They also need some help on D... I think they might like a guy like Schlemko too. It might be a bit early for them to give up futures, but getting a guy like Lethera as a throw in could make it really interesting. He is a good player who is not fitting in very well in Philly..[/QUOTE]

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
Yeah it's true it actually makes a lot of sense. They also need some help on D... I think they might like a guy like Schlemko too. It might be a bit early for them to give up futures, but getting a guy like Lethera as a throw in could make it really interesting. He is a good player who is not fitting in very well in Philly..

I wouldn’t touch Lethera with a 10 foot pole.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Well good for the Flames and Jankowski. If I remember correctly they drafted him higher than he was expected to go.

Yes I think a lot of people shook their heads at that pick and now it’s looking really good. Kind of like Borgstrom for Florida.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
And Oliver Kylington. Andersson in particular is a bit of a fancystats darling as far as the limited public AHL data goes.

Forgot about Kylington. They are all RD though except for Valimaki. Still would love to have one of them.

Reactions: Roke

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
I wouldn’t touch Lethera with a 10 foot pole.

He'd be a cap dump, which Habs can afford to do especially if we can get a higher end prospect for taking him
. MB has said he'd take bad contracts for futures. Well, Lehtera is exhibit 1. On a team that would like to dump him, needs/wants the cap space & has a lot of good prospects & draft picks to get it done.

Lehtera has one more year on his contract. You can keep him as the 4th line center for one year or buy him out at the end of this year. $1,666,667 for 2 years. Habs can afford a buy-out on him.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary

The Flyers (as usual) need a goalie like nobody's business. Price would be our best bet with them, but I doubt he waives to go there.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The Flyers (as usual) need a goalie like nobody's business. Price would be our best bet with them, but I doubt he waives to go there.

I'd dangle Lindgren, if that's what it takes to close a deal.

bleuetbio

Registered luser
Nov 13, 2008
Montreal
Yes I think a lot of people shook their heads at that pick and now it’s looking really good. Kind of like Borgstrom for Florida.

Why that? I mean why thid 2012's prospect Jankowski is becoming suddenly a hot sexy panda. We talk about trading our best player and people act like this guy a bullet proof solution on our tops lines. Valimaki is a solid base but

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad