Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Frank JT

Feb 8, 2014
Calgary is in the race for the last place in the playoffs in the West (with Minnesota, Colorado, Anaheim).
This morning, they are out
Not sure they are ready to buy right now and give away prospects...

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Man jankowski and valimaki would be very good acquisitions

I would be all for it

Size , skills and potential. Things we need

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Missing on what???? geez they made the PO 12 out of 16 yrs since 2000!!!!

Never missed em twice in a row since 1994 that is 23 yrs running.

Phila is not starving to get in like not at all. They are building to go a long way instead of just barely getting in (like this year).

I like your use of the word decent for top prospects like Frost. Kid is top scorer in ohl for christ sake. A center to boot.

As far as the goalie curse well its a nice narrative and it is 100% true they dont have a top 10 goalie since forever but their goalies have never been like 30th. Always around the 15-25th ranks. This year’s d is less than stellar and Elliott’s numbers are better than Carey’s this year. Better save % and better gaa. No way you get Hextall to take Price’s contract.

I never said to trade Price there. That was another poster. Pretty sure Hart will be #1 there in good time & will be way more affordable than Price. I was talking about trading Pacioretty there & taking a bad contract back like Lehtera.

And, yes, I do think the Flyers are in a position to add & assure themselves of a play-off spot & maybe more this year. Hextall shouldn't sell the farm, but he's in good position with enough positional depth in prospects & draft picks to make improvements to the team.

The decent was in reference to their D prospects & secondary forward prospects more so than Frost. Decent in this case meaning satisfactory if we're trading Pacioretty to get them. Frost would be more than satisfactory, of course.

I will aim to be more clear in future posts, but you should chill out a bit too.

AmeriHab

Aug 3, 2012
NY
Any of those bubble teams if we trade patch we should need a first. If they miss playoffs and slim chances they win the lottery what a dream that would be

yianik

Jun 30, 2009
Flames or rangers can be good dancing partners that’s why mb went probably

Bennet , jankowski, valimaki

Pac, mete and a 2nd for mcdonagh and chityl or Andersen ?

My top trade idea for Patches was with the Rangers because of those centres. On the one hand it really looks like they are keeping their youth and looking to the future, so no deal.

However, you never know. Patches is a guy who should keep scoring for years and the Rags could still be interested. My objective would be C, not McDo.

I actually think McDo is redundant. They have the same style of play and ideally either is matched with a PMD. However , if McDo came to us with a C, and the idea is to then trade Weber, fine.

McDo and Weber is a dream top pair for MB, but it is a nightmare in truth. I mean they would be a lovely shut down pair but would add 0 offense except for Weber bombs from the point and you need a lot more than that offensively from your top pairing. Hope MB has realized is philosophy on D is just wrong.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Pac + 2nd for jankowski and valimaki ?

Habs don't need to add at all if all they get in return are Jankowski and Valimaki. In fact, Flames would need to add.

However, I'm not sure why Flames would be after Max when they have Gaudreau and Tkachuk as their 1 and 2 LW. Unless they put Tkachuk on the 3rd line and Gaudreau either stays 1LW or he gets bumped to the 2nd line.

MSSLYNX

Jul 27, 2009
I never said to trade Price there. That was another poster. Pretty sure Hart will be #1 there in good time & will be way more affordable than Price. I was talking about trading Pacioretty there & taking a bad contract back like Lehtera.

And, yes, I do think the Flyers are in a position to add & assure themselves of a play-off spot & maybe more this year. Hextall shouldn't sell the farm, but he's in good position with enough positional depth in prospects & draft picks to make improvements to the team.

The decent was in reference to their D prospects & secondary forward prospects more so than Frost. Decent in this case meaning satisfactory if we're trading Pacioretty to get them. Frost would be more than satisfactory, of course.

I will aim to be more clear in future posts, but you should chill out a bit too.
Quoted you because you are the one who got that weird playoff comment in. You did not touch on that at all in your reply. Wasnt that uncalled for?

Philly like NJ had 0 expectations for a 1 round showing in the po. No way they are ready to face the likes of TB or Boston if they do make it.
Funny thing many believe they might rather be sellers at the tdl. They were last June with the Schenn trade. If that doesnt scream rebuild nothing will.

Cant be chilling more than right now on a Florida beach! Did not mean to sound mad at all.

But strongly disagree.

For Lehtera Philly has no need for cap space with all those elc and 9 mil coming off the books plus nobody of note to resign. Will not pay a team to get out of his last year.

Fazkovsky

Sep 4, 2013
Habs don't need to add at all if all they get in return are Jankowski and Valimaki. In fact, Flames would need to add.

However, I'm not sure why Flames would be after Max when they have Gaudreau and Tkachuk as their 1 and 2 LW. Unless they put Tkachuk on the 3rd line and Gaudreau either stays 1LW or he gets bumped to the 2nd line.

True

Tkachuk can be demoted , Pac can solidify their top 6

Reactions: Adam Michaels

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
We're not trading with Calgary, they don't even have a 1st or a 2nd in 2018. They're in the same position we're finding ourselves in season after season: The unlucky loser spot. Where puck luck and getting the bounces is all that can get you in the playoffs. They won't be active at the TDL as buyers at all.

Also they're face first against the cap

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
We're not trading with Calgary, they don't even have a 1st or a 2nd in 2018. They're in the same position we're finding ourselves in season after season: The unlucky loser spot. Where puck luck and getting the bounces is all that can get you in the playoffs. They won't be active at the TDL as buyers at all.

Also they're face first against the cap

Is there anyone on NYR worth buying? Or is Bergevin really just getting the hell out of dodge while Subban is in town

Reactions: cphabs and vokiel

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
Calgary draft pick situation is terrible. I doubt they'd consider trading away that 1st in 2019. That's their only decent pick in 2 years.

The NHL should make it like the NBA's "Stepien rule" where you can't trade picks in successive years. It's to stop inept management or greedy short term owners from destroying a team's future.

Hmmm ... maybe there should be a "Bergevin" rule where after six years and purple pants ...

Last edited:
Reactions: Runner77 and cphabs

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Is there anyone on NYR worth buying? Or is Bergevin really just getting the hell out of dodge while Subban is in town
Nice I hadn't thought about this possibility.

I was just putting as a satire that he's probably there to learn how to write a fan letter. ;)

Reactions: groovejuice

Beendair Donedat

Juice Arse 2.0
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Calgary draft pick situation is terrible. I doubt they'd consider trading away that 1st in 2019. That's their only decent pick in 2 years.

The NHL should make it like the NBA's "Stepien rule" where you can't trade picks in successive years. It's to stop inept management or greedy short term owners from destroying a team's future.

Hmmm ... maybe there should be a "Bergevin" rule where after six years and purple pants ...

Bargain Bin hid from the media already this year until they won a game. Now he’s doing the same thing again. He’s big on talking about character but he’s not big on facing the music when he’s in trouble. Huge hypocrite.

Guy Larose

Jan 25, 2018
Forget these wet dreams of trading for Chytil and other young players or prospects on the Rangers. They announced that they are rebuilding, so I don't know why people are even wasting space talking about that.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
Wow , not a single poster is considering trading Carey Price. That tells me you folks are looking for a retool of the core and not a rebuild despite all the hot and doomsay posts. You still think you can trade Patches, Weber, and the garbage for a new core and prospects and all will be back on track for Price to lead the way. You're as delusional as the gm.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Wow , not a single poster is considering trading Carey Price. That tells me you folks are looking for a retool of the core and not a rebuild despite all the hot and doomsay posts. You still think you can trade Patches, Weber, and the garbage for a new core and prospects and all will be back on track for Price to lead the way. You're as delusional as the gm.
We're not considering trading Price at the TDL, that would be an imbecile thing to do. You trade him when teams are planning the next season and ready to give you a lot more than the standard goaltender fare, which is low.

Reactions: Riggins

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
Don’t want a pick from Calgary. They have plenty of players I’d be fine with. If it’s not Jankowski, Dillon Dube is a nice option. Great young defenders too like Valimaki, Andersson and Fox. Why is it necessary to add a pick?

Reactions: Fazkovsky

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006

You are aware that he had a complete NMC and hasn’t even started his new contract yet, right?

He’s not going anywhere for a loooong time. Get used to it and buy a jersey. It’s the only one I can guarantee will be relevant for years to come!

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
I want Price out Yesterday. Might be easier to trade him during the summer though.

Lebowski

El Duderino
Dec 5, 2010
You are aware that he had a complete NMC and hasn’t even started his new contract yet, right?

He’s not going anywhere for a loooong time. Get used to it and buy a jersey. It’s the only one I can guarantee will be relevant for years to come!

Price might be open to a move in the summer if there's a change in management and they make it known, even if only internally, that a rebuild is on the way.

I think he wants the cup, and at his age, I don't think he can afford to wait out a rebuild. Could be mutually beneficial for him to agree to a trade.

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
Price might be open to a move in the summer if there's a change in management and they make it known, even if only internally, that a rebuild is on the way.

I think he wants the cup, and at his age, I don't think he can afford to wait out a rebuild. Could be mutually beneficial for him to agree to a trade.

He signed an 8 year deal and the habs haven’t shown anything that says they’re going into full rebuild mode. So sure it’s possible but highly unlikely as he’s still relatively young anyways. Even the Rangers said they’re only untouchable is Lundqvist and he’s much older than Price is.

Price is the face of this franchise and will be for a long time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad