Proposal: Trade Proposal Thread: Trade Deadline edition

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Beer and Chips

Feb 5, 2018
So what would Carey Price bring in a trade offer? We all seem to acknowledge that that the prospect pool is very low and the current core can't win in the playoffs so why not trade the universally regarded most valuable player we have? Unless we have a change of gm people think we have no chance for the next several years at least, so lets consider what Price could return in picks and prospects.

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I didn't listen to the BobCast. Is he suggesting the Habs Fabbri in the context of a Pacioretty trade?

Yes in that context. That the Blues are probably unwilling to part with Thomas/Kyrou/Kostin so he threw Fabbri’s name in. But I don’t like the risk involved. Markov did come back successfully from the same type of double leg injury but he was never good because of his foot speed. Part of Fabbri’s appeal was his elusiveness.

Reactions: Runner77

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Habs are not getting Jankowski. It’s probably Sam Bennett, hoping he can turn it around and play C.
I haven't watched much Flames hockey.

How does an older Jankowski have more value than Bennett when neither have done much at the NHL level yet?

Kwikwi

Feb 13, 2009
Jankowski Bennet (another pouliot) and Fox/Kylington.

they have no picks so nothing there.

Not enough star power in the making, only holes patching... with patch...

le_sean

Oct 21, 2006
I haven't watched much Flames hockey.

How does an older Jankowski have more value than Bennett when neither have done much at the NHL level yet?

Jankowski has shown a lot of potential. He’s a PPG player in the AHL. Big centre for the Western Conference. Has been great on their 3rd line. They will lose Backlund this summer and he can possibly step in as a 2C.

I don’t care for Bennett, but he’s probably much more attainable for teams. Hasn’t lived up to his draft ranking and hype. Drafted as a centre but has been playing winger. Sort of a reclamation project.

A team won’t give a centre with the potential of Jankowski for Max. It’s hard enough getting a C prospect, you won’t get one that’s that good in the AHL and currently contributing in the NHL.

Reactions: mariolemieux66

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009
Jankowski has shown a lot of potential. He’s a PPG player in the AHL. Big centre for the Western Conference. Has been great on their 3rd line. They will lose Backlund this summer and he can possibly step in as a 2C.

I don’t care for Bennett, but he’s probably much more attainable for teams. Hasn’t lived up to his draft ranking and hype. Sort of a reclamation project.

A team won’t give a centre with the potential of Jankowski for Max. It’s hard enough getting a C prospect, you won’t get one that’s that good in the AHL and currently contributing in the NHL.
Well good for the Flames and Jankowski. If I remember correctly they drafted him higher than he was expected to go.

Reactions: groovejuice

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Well good for the Flames and Jankowski. If I remember correctly they drafted him higher than he was expected to go.

It was rumoured at the time that the Habs were looking at Jankowski for their 2nd if he dropped a bit. His uncle was a scout for us at the time.

Reactions: Runner77

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Habs are not getting Jankowski. It’s probably Sam Bennett, hoping he can turn it around and play C.

You are right.
Trading Jankowski makes no senses, they would open up a hole down the middle.

Sam Bennett makes the most senses but then again, he's not worth a lot....
Flames are probably looking for a RW too...don't really see a match here, at least not for one of Habs top players.

Bergevin might also be looking at Desharnais...

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
dont imagine bergevin has to watch a guy who's been in the league as long as Nash IMO

First of all, I didn't think a sarcasm smilie was necessary. But if true, yeah, why bother with any due diligence whatsoever? Nash is for quick sale because of the decline of his game. He's at best a pickup for the playoffs, but on good side, he's UFA this summer.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The Sens just gave Dorion an extension after creating a similar mess in Ottawa.

At least his was a 3-year extension instead of a 5-year extension with a year and a half left to his current deal. But with Eugene Melnyk, a 3-year extension is a 6-year extension for other teams. So I guess it's all the same.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Everything looks fine if Tavares sign here.
Remove him from your line-up and this team looks bad, really bad.

With Tavares I would keep A Shaw because he's better than some names you filled on 2nd and 3rd line.
Wasted typing. Please stop on the Tavares thing

Edit sorry that was meant for too legit not you.

Last edited:
Reactions: mariolemieux66

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010

Marian Gaborik for Karl Alzner.....go for it or not?
Really don't know, both really sucks but Gaborik might retire...too much health issues.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
It was rumoured at the time that the Habs were looking at Jankowski for their 2nd if he dropped a bit. His uncle was a scout for us at the time.

Yeah for sure. Calgary really wanted him & he wasn't going to be there for their second pick at 42. He was expected to go 28-40. He was taken 21st.

I remember in 2011 before the draft there were rumours about how much the Canadiens liked Boone Jenner. A lot of people on this board were upset at that rumour. Montreal had no 2nd or 3rd rd pick that year, but had three 4ths, so if they wanted him they would have to take him #17 overall. It would've been early for Jenner, but I was expecting him to be picked.

Then Beaulieu fell. In hindsight Jenner actually would've been the better pick, but Beau was a good pick at that spot.

Reactions: groovejuice
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad