HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Habs

I've almost had enough of you kids
Feb 28, 2002
Dach, Barron, Panthers 1st for Ramus Andersson + Flames 2nd in 2026 (a 1st if we can't resign him)

We need help on the blueline and bottom lines. I think we can wait for Tuch, Beck and a couple others to progress, draft high next year and wait for Demidov. Our D is still up in the air though

Reactions: Runner77

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
We need help on the blueline and bottom lines. I think we can wait for Tuch, Beck and a couple others to progress, draft high next year and wait for Demidov. Our D is still up in the air though
Well that's the idea behind targeting a RD and try extending him for 8 years going into his retirement.

Dach is not going to stick here, and Barron is still fringe. Maybe I'm giving too much for Andersson, but that surely gets a foot in the door for negotiating the transfer. Pospisil would do us wonders also.

Edit: Also Savard looks to be declining fast. That's a lot of pieces in need of rejuvenation.

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Well that's the idea behind targeting a RD and try extending him for 8 years going into his retirement.

Dach is not going to stick here, and Barron is still fringe. Maybe I'm giving too much for Andersson, but that surely gets a foot in the door for negotiating the transfer. Pospisil would do us wonders also.

Edit: Also Savard looks to be declining fast. That's a lot of pieces in need of rejuvenation.

Yup, many of us said fatso should have been moved last year, can't hang on to these depleting assets like this when rebuilding. Dach will turn around when Laine is back, not his fault he's playing with 2 total scrubs on most nights. Newhook is a 3rd liner, Armia 4th.

Lets wait on Dach, he has nobody to play with at all currently.

vokiel

#DanzeMolsonMix
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Yup, many of us said fatso should have been moved last year, can't hang on to these depleting assets like this when rebuilding. Dach will turn around when Laine is back, not his fault he's playing with 2 total scrubs on most nights. Newhook is a 3rd liner, Armia 4th.

Lets wait on Dach, he has nobody to play with at all currently.
Dach's play depending largely on his wingers is an argument for exploring trade options with other teams. Maybe they have the wingers to get him going? It seems we don't. I'm not sure we'll ever have em. The guy isn't motivated into making his own space on the ice. He plays center like Lars Eller plays it, waiting for openings and hoping for the best.

Right now may not be the time to expedite a trade with him I agree, but soon we'll want to see Kapanen take the reigns and see if he can do better with the same wingers. For a good sample size.. Another 10 games? When does he get notified to find an apartment anyhow? :D

Habs

Feb 28, 2002
Dach's play depending largely on his wingers is an argument for exploring trade options with other teams. Maybe they have the wingers to get him going? It seems we don't. I'm not sure we'll ever have em. The guy isn't motivated into making his own space on the ice. He plays center like Lars Eller plays it, waiting for openings and hoping for the best.

Right now may not be the time to expedite a trade with him I agree, but soon we'll want to see Kapanen take the reigns and see if he can do better with the same wingers. For a good sample size.. Another 10 games? When does he get notified to find an apartment anyhow? :D

Fans always overrate our talent, us 'skeptics' have been getting chirped since sticking to our guns about how this team is going to blow until they make way more changes. We need a franchise C , we've never had one in decades. This is the year there are a couple of those available so do the right thing and do the mother of all tanks to draft top 3 this year, and you can have a proper rebuild.

Our prospects in Laval will for sure take care of our bottom lines, but man the second line is bad we won't win many games without a Laine. Then again maybe Laine isn't the solution, who knows.

• Haha
Reactions: Miller Time

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
One of our young centers I imagine. We have three though
Evans would be an excellent pickup for a contender:
Great PKer
Good speed
Not Small
Won't cost you games
Cheap price
UFA

I don't expect the world for him, but the cost-benefit should reap a decent return. Maybe a 2nd, maybe a prospect?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad