HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I guess we will see but i'm not sure he has the offense to be a great 3rd line C.

The offense part is in question (NHL level standards). This reminds me of Poehling to some degree. Not saying Beck disappoints like that but it's the same type of hope.

The one area I find of value is hockey IQ and work ethic. Beck seems to have it so it's up to him to keep pushing to improve. It's the most critical development ingredient IMO. The will power to overcome the challenges

Reactions: Benstheman

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
No.

They are building a team that hopefully will compete for a large window in the years to come. And hopefully Dach is big part of that.

Crosby and Letang are solid player, but for how long left? 2 years maybe? At that point we will most likely just start to enter our window.

If you have Crosby and Letang, the window starts now!. Not saying I am drooling to make this move but I'd consider the conversation at least (if the Pens were willing to make that move).

Dach is taking too long to reach potential. I value his potential just as much as you and others but the probability of him being the 2C we need him to be is in question.

This is about pushing the team up now (to the playoffs) and the cost is Dach and a 1st in terms of youth.

What does our team look like after Crosby and Letang retire? It still looks very good to me and that don't include the picks we make in the next 2 or 3 drafts too

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
If you have Crosby and Letang, the window starts now!. Not saying I am drooling to make this move but I'd consider the conversation at least (if the Pens were willing to make that move).

Dach is taking too long to reach potential. I value his potential just as much as you and others but the probability of him being the 2C we need him to be is in question.

This is about pushing the team up now (to the playoffs) and the cost is Dach and a 1st in terms of youth.

What does our team look like after Crosby and Letang retire? It still looks very good to me and that don't include the picks we make in the next 2 or 3 drafts too
I taught you were talking about a offseason move.

I don’t see Pittsburgh trading them now. They are definitely still aiming for the playoffs. With Malkin in fire and Crosby and Letang still playing elite hockey, they won’t move them. And if they do, I doubt Dach and a middle/late first would be enough for the face of the franchise alone, let alone with Letang on top.

Lockin17

Jul 31, 2018
Buffalo is having a bad start.
I would target Alex Tuch , he could play on the RW of Dach.

Laine-Dach-Tuch , would be a real 2nd line.
Plus we have his brother.

What would you think he would take to get him ?

Hage + Kapanen + Armia ??

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
If Hage lives up to his potential (and it's almost unanimous he will be a center at NHL level), our center line in two years will probably be :

Suzuki
Dach/Hage
Hage/Dach
Beck

With Kapanen being able to also play a role at center on the bottom 6.

So i guess we have options here going forward.

So if another team sees Beck as a sure middle 6 center and asks for him in a package for a top 4 RHD, whcih i think we will need sooner than later, i do it without hesitation.

I would not count out the possibility of Demidov playing center as well. I kind of like the idea of Dach on Demidov's wing as a puck possession winger who can play physical.

I taught you were talking about a offseason move.

I don’t see Pittsburgh trading them now. They are definitely still aiming for the playoffs. With Malkin in fire and Crosby and Letang still playing elite hockey, they won’t move them. And if they do, I doubt Dach and a middle/late first would be enough for the face of the franchise alone, let alone with Letang on top.

Not sure when it could be made. Now or TDL or offseason. Ideally, now and then you get Crosby for 3 years. I think he ages very well. I know how it looks and I just said no to trading futures for Anderson from the Flames.

You have to think about the age 37 and NMC factor. Crosby and Letang won't waive for any team and I do think they waive for the Habs. I think that is a respectful offer to two players at age 37 with a full NMC.

Pens are off to a good start but lets see how that ages. Same goes for Dach's performance this season

Dach/1st for Crosby at age 37 is fair IMO. Barron and Anderson for Letang and maybe we add there. Letang don't have much value IMO. Signed till age 40 and probably does not age as well as Crosby. Most would agree with that. Also, Letang does want to play for the Habs and likely only waives for the Habs. That affects his value a lot

Not likely to happen but if it did, I bet you and many others come around to value it. Basically puts us in the playoffs now IMO and core left after Crosby and Letang retire is still very very good. I don't think this is an automatic no

Last edited:

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Buffalo is having a bad start.
I would target Alex Tuch , he could play on the RW of Dach.

Laine-Dach-Tuch , would be a real 2nd line.
Plus we have his brother.

What would you think he would take to get him ?
Maybe something like Calgary 1st + ( Roy or Beck) + Newhook

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
insane overpayment

Two year value contract for a forward who brings it every shift and produces. Tuch would have lots of trade value and 10+ teams aggressivly trying to acquire... if he was available.

$4.75M for two more seasons? Then think about the limited cap for contenders and how much easier it is to fit this in vs the Laine contract (for example)?

Regardless, I would love to have Tuch vs Anderson but Sabres are not trading within the division when so many other teams would be in he mix. Just not happening.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Laugh away if you wish. Would you do it if the Pens decide to rebuild and Crosby/Letang waive? It really does change the dynamics of our team. Imagine Crosby with Laine and Demidov?

Respectful offer IMO for two guys with full NMC and at age 37.
Crosby and Letang
for
Dach, Flames/Panthers 1st, Barron, Anderson (cap reasons)

Caufield / Suzuki / Slaf
Laine / Crosby / Demidov

Bottom 2 lines TBD

Matheson / Letang
Hutson / Guhle
Xhekaj / Savard

Struble

Crosby and Letang gets us to Playoff contenders IMO in the short span (2/3 years) while guys like Roy, Beck, Reinbacher, Mailloux, Engstrom, Hage develop/mature more.

Pretty hard no. The value isn’t bad but the path isn’t right. Selling a big part of the future for a couple seasons from Crosby/Letang isn’t going to make this team a contender while they’re here or down the line. Too many missing pieces.

Benstheman

Nov 20, 2014
Pretty hard no. The value isn’t bad but the path isn’t right. Selling a big part of the future for a couple seasons from Crosby/Letang isn’t going to make this team a contender while they’re here or down the line. Too many missing pieces.
And Letang is not a need. Far from it.

Reactions: Deebs and Draft

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
And Letang is not a need. Far from it.
I wouldn’t turn my nose up at any kind of top-pairing RD to improve the team in the short term, but Letang would be far from ideal unless he’s free or close to it. Too many risky, offence-oriented defenceman already.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad