HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

dauv

Sep 23, 2022
I can give all of the rational reasons in the world why Crosby coming here makes sense, but none of it will probably matter because:

1) It's Sidney Crosby and up until this summer when we drafted Demidov, the Habs can't have nice things.
2) Dude is insanely loyal and hates change.
3) He'd be aware of his legacy and how he'd want to go out.
4) He's superstitious and will keep doing the same things over and over if it means comfort.

Now... For the reasons he would leave

1) Pittsburgh is unlikely as hell to win a cup while he's still playing (rich for me to say as a Habs fan I know but still) and are on a downward trend/getting older
2) He has no loyalty to new management or ownership.. In fact, new ownership and Mario Lemieux have HUGE beef and I know that probably doesn't sit well with Crosby.
3) The last management ground tried to get rid of Malkin already and he had to step in. Now they have Dubas in there who isn't loyal to any of them.
4) Tom Brady left New England (who could have saw that) and his reputation there is probably better than it ever has been.
5) He's our Tavares in that we were his childhood team. Winning a cup with the Habs would be something he thought about doing a ton as a kid.

It will never happen but the amount I can hope and try to rationalize it is endless.
he only signs here is we see a picture of him sleeping in habs pj's. If no pic NOT GOINT TO HAPPEN. I WANT TO SEE THE HABS PJ'S ;):thumbu::laugh:

Bacchus1

Fill the net!
Sep 10, 2007
Montreal
I can give all of the rational reasons in the world why Crosby coming here makes sense, but none of it will probably matter because:

1) It's Sidney Crosby and up until this summer when we drafted Demidov, the Habs can't have nice things.
2) Dude is insanely loyal and hates change.
3) He'd be aware of his legacy and how he'd want to go out.
4) He's superstitious and will keep doing the same things over and over if it means comfort.

Now... For the reasons he would leave

1) Pittsburgh is unlikely as hell to win a cup while he's still playing (rich for me to say as a Habs fan I know but still) and are on a downward trend/getting older
2) He has no loyalty to new management or ownership.. In fact, new ownership and Mario Lemieux have HUGE beef and I know that probably doesn't sit well with Crosby.
3) The last management ground tried to get rid of Malkin already and he had to step in. Now they have Dubas in there who isn't loyal to any of them.
4) Tom Brady left New England (who could have saw that) and his reputation there is probably better than it ever has been.
5) He's our Tavares in that we were his childhood team. Winning a cup with the Habs would be something he thought about doing a ton as a kid.

It will never happen but the amount I can hope and try to rationalize it is endless.
Crosby would look weird in a Habs jersey. It would take some getting used to.

tazsub3

May 30, 2016
I don't want Crosby anywhere near the Habs. He's a generational talent, and a first ballot hall of famer, but this is Nick's team. The management team is building something special here, and I'm not interested in a last-gasp swing for another cup by a guy I've spent the last 20 years cheering against. Don't need him, don't want him. The clowns in here talking about taking on Letang's contract in order to get Crosby are out of their minds. Letang is USELESS to us. We'd be stuck with his boat anchor contract with no guarantees he doesn't just retire and leave us holding the bag instead of Pittsburgh. They're the ones that signed him to that monstrosity, let them be the ones to deal with it.
I will allow myself to speak for all of us clowns … Chill out tiger ….even Nick would ride on a horse to Pittsburgh and bring Crosby on his back . Lol
Now clown mates, are you ready for tonight circus performance ?
Hope you can attend :)

Deus ex machina

Sep 12, 2023
Only thing with Larsson is that he’s a little bit to old
He'll be 32 soon. It's not that old.
He'd only be a temporary fix to help transition guys like Mailloux and Reinbacher anyway.

I agree that he'd be a good candidate to play with Hutson. Savard can manage on the top 4 but is more of a 3rd pair guy.
Habs need another good top4 RD vet to stabilize their D if they want to make the playoffs. It's the last blatant hole that they have.

I think Seattle would rather keep Larsson at least until the TDL but they might not have a choice. They need to clear cap space.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
While our young players in Laval would benefit from playing with experienced professionals, Laval should largely be for our prospects and not suspects. The good ship Zadina has regrettably sailed.
He won't play in Laval. I expect he would sign a PTO and head for Europe if he doesn't make the Canadiens.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
The guy was -44 with 13 minutes of ice time.

To be fair to Zadina, this was the Sharks +/-:

Eklund: -45
Zadina: - 44
Burroughs: - 42
Ferraro: -38
Addison: -35
Zetterlund: -34
Kunin: -30
Labanc: -27
Vlasic: -27
Hertl: -26
Sturm: -25
Barabanov: -24

I can keep going, but I'll just be listing the entire roster who were minus players. Some of those players played more and others played less.

Zadina was also 6th in scoring on the Sharks.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
To be fair to Zadina, this was the Sharks +/-:

Eklund: -45
Zadina: - 44
Burroughs: - 42
Ferraro: -38
Addison: -35
Zetterlund: -34
Kunin: -30
Labanc: -27
Vlasic: -27
Hertl: -26
Sturm: -25
Barabanov: -24

I can keep going, but I'll just be listing the entire roster who were minus players. Some of those players played more and others played less.
He'd be great on the golf course once the Habs miss again for the last time before 7 straight cups.

On a serious boat, I don't see where Zadina plays ? He's a low risk, medium reward at this point, miniscule chance for high reward.

Makes more sense to go for a bunch of other players over Zadina, but if they do sign him, I guess we'll see.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He'd be great on the golf course once the Habs miss again for the last time before 7 straight cups.

On a serious boat, I don't see where Zadina plays ? He's a low risk, medium reward at this point, miniscule chance for high reward.

Makes more sense to go for a bunch of other players over Zadina, but if they do sign him, I guess we'll see.

If it's a PTO, I think Zadina is fine. They can release him or he can earn himself a contract and force the Habs to move someone else.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
If it's a PTO, I think Zadina is fine. They can release him or he can earn himself a contract and force the Habs to move someone else.
Sounds like Buffalo offered him a PTO, but the Habs are 1 of 3 teams to offer him an actual contract from that Beaudoin guy if I remember/read correctly.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Sounds like Buffalo offered him a PTO, but the Habs are 1 of 3 teams to offer him an actual contract from that Beaudoin guy if I remember/read correctly.

There was a rumor that he signed with Buffalo. Not a PTO, but actually signed a deal with them. His agent apparently confirmed that's not true.

But the Habs are one of three teams who are in on offering him a PTO.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
There was a rumor that he signed with Buffalo. Not a PTO, but actually signed a deal with them. His agent apparently confirmed that's not true.

But the Habs are one of three teams who are in on offering him a PTO.
Ahh ok, misunderstood, so the PTO is a solid option then. You can give him 2 games with actual lineages against lesser competition because it's pre-season and if he can't take advantage there, he won't be able to when other teams are at full strength, so he can catch a boat to f***offity land

Still hoping for a pto to Martin.

On a side note, seems like anyone on a pto who makes an impression to get a contract will be signed after they can put Price on in season LTIR.

Reactions: Adam Michaels

Deebs

Without you, everything falls apart
Feb 5, 2014
Ahh ok, misunderstood, so the PTO is a solid option then. You can give him 2 games with actual lineages against lesser competition because it's pre-season and if he can't take advantage there, he won't be able to when other teams are at full strength, so he can catch a boat to f***offity land

Still hoping for a pto to Martin.

On a side note, seems like anyone on a pto who makes an impression to get a contract will be signed after they can put Price on in season LTIR.
Martin who?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad