HF Habs: Trade Proposal Thread #88: 2024 Off-Season Thread

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sterling Archer

Sep 26, 2006
He's not a 13th forward though. He's a good 4th line center who can play 3rd line when there's injuries. He wont resign here as a 13th forward.
He’s not unless Kapanen and Beck move him out. If he doesn’t want to resign then trade him.

Fact is Habs have a lot of young depth for the first time in a long time. Add Hage in a couple of years and even more pressure and depth at C.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Evans is valuable guy. Can play him in many situations. Good on faceoffs, good defensively, low contract
I doubt he brings us even a 4th rounder, so valuable... Is very relative. He's around 1 year younger than Dvorak also, who is the faceoff master. I'm not even sure we keep 1 of the two for 2024-25. For this season, he's ideally a stop gap.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
Evans is better than a 13th forward. He could be a 3rd line centre potentially. Better than what he is here, like Danault

Evans is a good 4th line center but a lot of us are excited to find out what Kapanen and Beck can do, plus Dvorak is still here plus Newhook might soon be pushed to the third line plus Hage might be on the team in two years.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Evans is a good 4th line center but a lot of us are excited to find out what Kapanen and Beck can do, plus Dvorak is still here plus Newhook might soon be pushed to the third line plus Hage might be on the team in two years.
Kapanen and Beck haven't shown anything at the NHL level, so while they seem very promising, it's better to wait and see if they force your hand to either trade them, or Evans than to trade Evans and hope they can take thar spot.

Hage won't be ready for likely a few season and Newhook, along with Dach suck at faceoffs, so if they're not improving this year having Evans as another option to win draws is useful.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Trades................camp could force one more trade yet boys. Camp could also trigger a vet getting waived.
HuGo along with MSL will make the tough decisions...........we saw this last year with Armia.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
He’s not unless Kapanen and Beck move him out. If he doesn’t want to resign then trade him.

Fact is Habs have a lot of young depth for the first time in a long time. Add Hage in a couple of years and even more pressure and depth at C.
Agree that we're unlikely to re-sign him...

I really like Evans and hope we can re-sign him, but the challenge is that he'd be foolish not to test the market and see what kind of long term deal he can get.

Unless he has an injury-ravaged season and needs/wants a short term deal to reset his value, next summer is probably his best shot at a big contract.

For the Habs, as nice as he is to have, can't see us giving him a 4-5yr deal at his market value. Not with the Suzuki-Dach-Newhook on the roster & Beck-Kapanen-Hage pushing for spots in next 2-3.

But I also doubt he Habs trade him this year unless we fall out of playoff contention or Beck/Kapanen have forced the issue by jumping ahead of him on ge depth chart this year.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Agree that we're unlikely to re-sign him...

I really like Evans and hope we can re-sign him, but the challenge is that he'd be foolish not to test the market and see what kind of long term deal he can get.

Unless he has an injury-ravaged season and needs/wants a short term deal to reset his value, next summer is probably his best shot at a big contract.

For the Habs, as nice as he is to have, can't see us giving him a 4-5yr deal at his market value. Not with the Suzuki-Dach-Newhook on the roster & Beck-Kapanen-Hage pushing for spots in next 2-3.

But I also doubt he Habs trade him this year unless we fall out of playoff contention or Beck/Kapanen have forced the issue by jumping ahead of him on ge depth chart this year.
I wonder if for one year until Demigod arrives, Evans could keep up with the play on RW with Dach and Laine, and take faceoffs if Dach is slow to improve.

That would give us a nice third line of Roy-Newhook-Armia that did well together last season, and a veteran fourth line of Anderson-Dvorak-Gallagher which, while overpaid, will probably outperform other clubs' 4th lines.

Reactions: Miller Time

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
I wonder if for one year until Demigod arrives, Evans could keep up with the play on RW with Dach and Laine, and take faceoffs if Dach is slow to improve.

That would give us a nice third line of Roy-Newhook-Armia that did well together last season, and a veteran fourth line of Anderson-Dvorak-Gallagher which, while overpaid, will probably outperform other clubs' 4th lines.

Yeah, it will be interesting to see how MSL tries things out in camp. Healthy, we've got a very impressive forward group with a lot of versatility that should create some matchup challenges for opponents.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I doubt he brings us even a 4th rounder, so valuable... Is very relative. He's around 1 year younger than Dvorak also, who is the faceoff master. I'm not even sure we keep 1 of the two for 2024-25. For this season, he's ideally a stop gap.
Evans get a 4th easily. Decent NHLer on cheap contract. But doubt Habs trade him. At least until Beck is here

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Camp could also trigger waiving Barron :naughty:
So very odd the obsession with hoping the worst outcome for the Habs & Barron that you seem to have.

As the goalie situation showed last year, exposing an asset the Habs view as valuable is very unlikely from this management group. I'd put the odds at zero that Barron gets waived unless he regressed to ECHL caliber play over the summer.

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
So very odd the obsession with hoping the worst outcome for the Habs & Barron that you seem to have.

As the goalie situation showed last year, exposing an asset the Habs view as valuable is very unlikely from this management group. I'd put the odds at zero that Barron gets waived unless he regressed to ECHL caliber play over the summer.
The worst for Barron is busting like Ylonen, that's the worst.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Evans is better than a 13th forward. He could be a 3rd line centre potentially. Better than what he is here, like Danault
Evans is nothing for me. To compare him with Danault is totally ridiculous. Or good joke, you got me. Evans is barelly an nhler and Dvorak is even worse. They are both deadwood for me, they make prospect stay mediocre. No prospect ever improved playing with Dvo and Evans. The day Habs will get rid of both, the sunny days of best to come. I wish both be gone at tdl, bye-bye both of them!
I offer my service free to drive them to the airport.

Reactions: Sterling Archer

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Evans get a 4th easily. Decent NHLer on cheap contract. But doubt Habs trade him. At least until Beck is here
Beck have to be ready this year. There are no second option because if Hughes have to sign Evans again it's a Bergevin mistake 2.0. Both Dvo and Evans have to go. Maybe sign Evans one year or two. If Habs can't find better than Evans (and Dvo), they are in trouble. Habs must have in their prospect pool both replacement for Dvo and Evans, or find a legit ufa who can fit the shoes.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Evans is nothing for me. To compare him with Danault is totally ridiculous. Or good joke, you got me. Evans is barelly an nhler and Dvorak is even worse. They are both deadwood for me, they make prospect stay mediocre. No prospect ever improved playing with Dvo and Evans. The day Habs will get rid of both, the sunny days of best to come. I wish both be gone at tdl, bye-bye both of them!
I offer my service free to drive them to the airport.
That's fair for you.

Evans is likely gone unless the Habs want a 3 million dollar 4th line centre, which might be feasible sosool, but likely isnt a good investment at this point. Could also be he signs cheaper, but who knows.

Dvorak is certainly done, but between he and Monahan and likely the staff the teams faceoffs have improved. Before he goes if he can help Kirby get better that would be amazing.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
The worst for Barron is busting like Ylonen, that's the worst.
Indeed. And for the Habs as well.

Remember last fall when Armia was waived and Ylonen stayed up for opening night & for the season?

KH isn't going to expose a player like Barron who is a guarantee to be claimed. Not when he has very obvious alternatives.

Best case for Barron is that he plays well enough to force himself into a top 4 role all year long (or gets traded to a team where he earns that role).

Best case for Habs is the same.

Best case scenario seems like the thing a Habs fan would want, no?

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
Indeed. And for the Habs as well.

Remember last fall when Armia was waived and Ylonen stayed up for opening night & for the season?

KH isn't going to expose a player like Barron who is a guarantee to be claimed. Not when he has very obvious alternatives.

Best case for Barron is that he plays well enough to force himself into a top 4 role all year long (or gets traded to a team where he earns that role).

I don't think that's the best case scenario no. I don't think he has the tools for the NHL yet. So if that happens I expect a similar fate to Victor Mete.

I think best case is he gets to round his game up enough where he can play an important role. That would be in the AHL.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad